Lep420 is offline New Member

Best way to cut weight for meet while on AS

Hey, first of all thank you all very much. I used this site almost exclusively when making my decision to use steroids . I am 7 weeks into my first cycle and making great gains all around, with almost no side effects. Currently I am taking 200mg/week of Deca and 250 mg/week of Sustanon . I am two weeks away from a powerlifting meet and was wondering if you guys had any advice on the best way to cut some wieght in order to make weight. When I started my cycle I was 210 lbs. Right now I am 227 lbs, and I'm looking to fit into the 220 class. I guess what I am asking is.....What dieretics could I use/Should I use them, and is it a good idea to try to cut weight for a short period of time while on AS? Thank you in advance.
    Tony J

zodiac66 is offline Associate Member
    Cut your intake bro, reduce your carb intake, maybe even do some cardio if you really have to meet that weight. Your diet is everything.

I understand that if I am looking to permanently lose weight....I am looking to "crash"....We're talking, dumping 10 lbs in 2 day, which I am assuming will be mostly water weight. That's why I'm asking whether ity would be wise for me in the long run to do that to myself while on AS....I am more than prepared to lift in 242, but I would rather be in 220....If it means screwing myself up and blowing the results I already have obtained just to make weight I will say to hell with it and play with the bigger boys......TJ

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What happens when there is a caloric deficit while on AAS?

Lep420, those losses are probably only reasonable with either diuretics or DNP ...

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Lep420
    I understand that if I am looking to permanently lose weight....I am looking to "crash"....We're talking, dumping 10 lbs in 2 day, which I am assuming will be mostly water weight. That's why I'm asking whether ity would be wise for me in the long run to do that to myself while on AS....I am more than prepared to lift in 242, but I would rather be in 220....If it means screwing myself up and blowing the results I already have obtained just to make weight I will say to hell with it and play with the bigger boys......TJ
    You confused me here. Do you have 2 days or 2 weeks to dump the weight? DNP you would need to start today if you want to see those results. If you start after tommarrow, your gonna still be bloated. Good luck bro. If you gotta dump 10 lbs in 2 days, that will be difficult imho.

what I mean is that the meet is in 2 weeks.....I was hoping to start dumping weight a few days before......TJ

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Damn that sucks. Your on week 7 of deca /test stack -- are you retaining alot of water? If you've gained that much, alot of it is probably water. I'm sure you could probably find something to dump the water, ask some of the bros about anti-bloat aids like liquidex maybe.

DNP is dangerous but effective. What is your current bodyfat?

My current bodyfat is 11 percent, and honestly DNP is not an option. First because I do not feel safe taking anything I know so little about, regardless of what I read on here. And second, it is simply not available around here (Iowa)...Hell I had a hard enough time finding my gear in the first place. As far as water retention, yes I am seeing some, not a whole lot, but I am a naturally big guy. In High school I weighed up to 280 lbs (not a healthy 280).....I was really just looking for an effective diuretic, preffereably something I can buy OTC due to the lack of supply of anything else in IA.....Thank again....TJ

Probably a safer solution but keep in mind that diuretics have their own problems due to the loss of fluids... after weigh in you need to replensh yourself or you will remain very weak. Is weigh-in a seperate day than competition?

Did you know you can cut your water weight by eliminating carbs too? Drink lots of water and go near Ketosis and you will drop weight fast from water. Carbs store water in your system. But again you would need to carb load the day before to get your strength back - and the water would return...

If weigh-in is the same time as competition - and competition is based on performance - you may not have too may options without effecting your performance.

Since you are on androgens I would think Proviron or an anti-aromatase might help...

Bump for some answers from the "experts"

BIGBOD is offline Junior Member
    Cutting back on your carbs a few days before the meet should help, but you should try taraxatone. Start using it about 5 days before the meet and you should be in good shape. Strips the water right out of your system. Only problem I foresee here is that your competing in a powerlifting competition and having the water in your system helps to keep your joints greased, which in turn gives you the ability to push the heavier weights. You probably want to replenish yourself right after wiegh-ins so that you don't see a decrease in strength. Good luck to you bro in whatever you decide.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Hmm dont think you should recommend anyone to try DNP ...

I know wrestlers that put on a plastic suit or a vinter jacket or something like that and take a excercise bike into the sauna and cut a couple of pounds. But i dont know if you can cut as much as 10lbs.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by BIGBOD
    Only problem I foresee here is that your competing in a powerlifting competition and having the water in your system helps to keep your joints greased, which in turn gives you the ability to push the heavier weights.
    Right on BIGBOD. This is very true. You can use diuretics as I have in the past to cut some bloat prior to a meet. 7 pounds isn't really that much to drop. A thiazide diuretic is pretty safe and works effectively...something like hydrochlorothiazide. It's often prescribed to women to counteract PMS or post-pregnancy bloat. The thing is, it's going to screw up your muscle hydration, but even more important than that, it's going to screw up your electrolytic balance.

In my experiences, I always feel crummy about 24-36 hours after taking diuretics. So with 2 weeks to go, you can drop the weight early with diuretics until a few days out, and then move to a carb/sodium manipulation to control the water retention. Weigh-in early, and then pig out for a few hours prior to warming up. I did this last year and lifted 7 pounds heavier than my weigh-in weight (weigh-in was @ 10am, lifted @ 3pm).

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Well for startes is there a 24 hr weigh in? Most meets have one. I did a meet in Sept and lost 12 in 2 days. 10 lbs isnt shit! Let say you weigh in on a morning. Bout 3 day out you start lowering your carbs. Keep protein high. Drink a ton o f water. That night sit in the sauna for 15 to 30 minutes jump in the shower (cold) then back in for 15 to 30. At this poin tyou should be 3 to 5 lighter before you go to bed on day 1. At night you will loose another lb or so. Day 2 drink a good amount of water in the morining and again keep carbs low and protein high. No more then 3 to 4 small meals this day. Now your weighing in , in the morning. So around 12 noon stop drinkin so much and just drink when yoru thirsty. Again hit the sauna and repaet the cold shower and sauna. You should now have lostthe last 5 or so easily this day. After the sauna just get some water in you but not alot. Stoop drinkin at 7pm. If you monitor the scal you might not need to do all this. You might not need to cut water out, or you could skip the sauna. the day of the weighin you shoudl wake up 2 lb lighter now eat a protein bar and some water and go weigh in. Muscle hed has a method that works well too.

As far as being on AAS, the more the better!! This will alow you to lose water easier. What i listed is just some methods. watch the scale thorugh the day and dont do stuff you dont hav etoo. You can be two lbs heaveir when you go to bed cause you will loose that while you sleep. I piss alot so i know i do!

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    Jay's idea is good, But if you stil feel that it won't work for you then along with all this you can try arbuterol(OTC). I went from 176 to 165 in 32 hours EXACT. BUT I also didn't take the way it was suppose to be taken. I took 4 tabs the night I got it the next morning I took 4 tabs and would drink only if thirsty(enough to wet my mouth) i kept carbs under 50g for that day and then mid afternoon i took another 4 tabs and at a lite protein bar and then before goin to be that night took another 4 tabs (couldn't sleep b/c of me leaking soo much but I did drop the weight)

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    I just went from 225 to 217 for this last meet a week ago. On Wed. i just cut the carb back about half and the water about half then sat in hot tub, cold tub, 10min/tub for about 40 minutes. thursday i kept the carbs at about half the usual and water only wen needed. Thur. night went hot tub ,cold tub, three times and lost 2 lbs from that at 10 minutes per tub. then lost another two while sleeping. Friday woke up at 218 and wieghed in that night.

Anyhting under 10lbs is eassy. It is easiest if yoiu have a sauna or hot tub to work with. But simply by limiting water and carbintake will work as well. I lost 8lbs in 2 days.

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    I weighed 259 on a wed....had to weigh 242 by friday night! What i do is drink 2 gallons of water on monday, 2 on tuesday, 1 on wed, 1/2 on thursday, and only drink about 8oz on friday, and all of that before noon! You will definetly drop the 10 pounds! maybee take dandelion root(natural diretic) starting wed....what this does..when your drinking the 2 gallons, your body starts kicking out excessive water...as you drop the intake, your fooling your body to keep kicking out the water...

Thread Information