Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member

2 November 02 Dynamic BP Training Session in Lansing MI

If anyone is interested in learning about some of the Westside methods or just to join us, Crash Doll and I are hosting a dynamic BP training session at the World's Gym located on 2380 Cedar Street, Holt, MI 48842; starting at 11:30am this coming Saturday, 2 November 02.

Ermantroudt

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    Dude one of these days I'll make it up there I'll just have to take a rain check for now for about 5 years and then get back to ya.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Somewhat related question:

Is powerlifting largely a middle-of-the-country pursuit, at least as it is performed/undertaken with any real commitment? I ask because here in NEw England, i'm having trouble finding anyone with a real interest in it, or gyms where it is not unusual to workout with chains or bands. With all apologies to the Floridians, who certainly represent, it seems as though if powerlifting has a "home" (sorta like New England prides itself on being home to some of the country's most prestigous institutes of higher learning or California is reputed to be home of the drop dead gorgeous) it's the great lakes region...or so it appears. I imagine it's largely a function of Westside being based there, though that can't account for the entirety of the disparity, can it?

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    We are the sons and daughters of farmers, factory workers, and miners; as such we value strength.

Ermantroudt

Although FL seems the place to be is b/c if you really look at it A LOT of guys from FL post on the boards. I'm sure if you call around diff gyms in NEW ENGLAND you'll find some guys that powerlift. Hell I thought in my town there was none and at a WELLNESS center I found 3 retired PL's. Although I don't agree with much of what they tell me and hate on westside they are stil there if I need their help. I don't train with them but I do need a spot every once in a while.

BIG GREEN although it's nice to train with PL'ers think about it this way as long as your busting your ass and you have minimum 1 to train with or a spotter. DUDE that's all you need.

I see what your saying about your town ur the first person on here from New England..... I think.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Cubanito....not just new england...NORTHERN new england. So no happy civilization equated with conn, mass and rhode island, just woods, granite cliffs and lakes. I have found one "old timer" who used to compete and he's been helpful (though he calls westside 'smoke and mirrors'!), but i'd like to expand my knowledge on this sport as time goes by through seminars and the like, but would prefer not to have to head to western NY to do so. Well, if that's what it takes.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by BigGreen
    Somewhat related question:

Is powerlifting largely a middle-of-the-country pursuit, at least as it is performed/undertaken with any real commitment? I ask because here in NEw England, i'm having trouble finding anyone with a real interest in it, or gyms where it is not unusual to workout with chains or bands. With all apologies to the Floridians, who certainly represent, it seems as though if powerlifting has a "home" (sorta like New England prides itself on being home to some of the country's most prestigous institutes of higher learning or California is reputed to be home of the drop dead gorgeous) it's the great lakes region...or so it appears. I imagine it's largely a function of Westside being based there, though that can't account for the entirety of the disparity, can it?
    i wouldn't worry about insulting floridians, there's some guy who wrote a bunch of comics about florida, and a news guy asked him if his house gets beat up every day and the comic said no cuz most ppl who are in florida aren't actually from florida. this makes sense cuz there's a shit load of immigrants and old ppl who retire there. so rip away at florida!!!

hey big tha fact that you have someone their is good enough if you ask me. About the westside thing I know how you feel these 2 guys when they come in and see the boards and bands. They just say " so why exactly is that gonna help if you can't do the full amount of weight(for bands) or full bench(instead of boards)". So i just say "well it works for me" the same way they don't believe in shirts or suits or anything, BUT THEY sure as HELL can talk bout the juice they did back then and what they used and CRAZY amounts. ONe of the two was tellin me how he used 2g test/week and 2g EQ/week. THATS FUCKIN CRAZY

hey sub unless ur from FL and don't like it here, DON't CUT DOWN ON IT

Thread Information