Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member

Cool 11/1 Dynamic Sq/Dl

1. Box Squats with Average (Green) Bands: 165x7x2, 175x2, 185x2x2, 225x2 I was so happy when I hit the 225x2, my confidence is coming back. I do tend to get faster as the sets go on.

Also, my wife got us the 1500lb test PL bar from Jesup Gym ( www.jesupgym.com ) and it was an excellent bar, very stiff.

2. Dynamic Dl: 245x2x1, 335x2x1

3. Dynamic RDL's: 185x4x15

4. Spread Eagle Sit-Ups: 45 (on forehead) x5x12

Ermantroudt
    Last edited by Ermantroudt; 11-01-2002 at 09:29 AM.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    good workout bro. Do you have a pic of your set up for squats. B/c when I use the avg bands that's the same amount I use, BUT I think your max squat is A LOT higher than mine. So i don't think I have the set-up right. I lift in a commercial gym and i put the bar pins whatever down the lowest they go and hook up to the bar on the inner part.

The reason I can't anchor the bands with DB's is b/c we only have 100#DB's and they're the weight DB's not the hexagon shaped one's.

At top it's more than 100#'s so they come up and make too much noise(for the group over 80 years old liftin there, LMFAO)

"Do you have a pic of your set up for squats."

We slip knot or choke the bands around the base of the monolift. Take one end of the band, slip it under the base, pull the other end of the band thru the loop (created by the other end of the band under the base). If you do not have a Mono-lift, put a piece of 4x8 with two heavy (90+lbs) DB's on top of it, and choke the band around the 4x8. No matter how you set them up, make sure you have band tension when you are sitting on the box. I am working on finding a pic.

Ermantroudt

Look at the bottom of the mono-lift, you can see a green band and how we hook them up. From there, it would go straight up onto the bar. FYI: that is not me in the pic, but the bar is loaded for my DE squats

Ermantroudt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11/1 Dynamic Sq/Dl-bd-themono-lift.jpg  

well I can tell right there I've had no tension at the bottom.

You KNOW bands are tricky as fuck. I really am thinking about buying the vid of how to set up the bands.

HOLY SHIT about the pic that's fuckin HUGE WEIGHT, what is that 1,045#s maybe more b/c of the collars.

Is that a monolift in the pic?

That is the Sarden Mono-lift we train on, and yes that is 1045. Now imagine that Miksell got under something heavier than that!

Having tension at the box makes all the difference in the world. I can go up to 245 or so for 8x2 if the tension is missing when I am sitting on the box, but when we tigthen the bands down, 185-225 is most bar weight I can use for DE work with green bands.

Ermantroudt

what would be the point of actually training in something that BIG. (the monolift)

See I have somewhat of a fear to do a 3 lift. B/c Of how many injuried i've seen(pics, vids) so I don't know if I really will do one in the future.

Although i've talked to people who havn't had injuries and they say to prevent them. leg ext. to strengthen up knees. So I might just do a power meet one of these days.

"what would be the point of actually training in something that BIG. (the monolift)"

Practice, and it makes the set up with the bands much easier.

"See I have somewhat of a fear to do a 3 lift. B/c Of how many injuried i've seen(pics, vids) so I don't know if I really will do one in the future."

People get hurt everyday, doing things that are quite ordinary. My wife tore her achillies tendon walking.

"Although i've talked to people who havn't had injuries and they say to prevent them. leg ext. to strengthen up knees. So I might just do a power meet one of these days."

Leg Extensions? When John Bott tore his ACL, his re-hab consisted of squatting, not leg extensions. Do some reasearch on open and closed kinetic chain exercises, and see if you still want to do leg extensions.

Ermantroudt

AAAAGGGHHHHH SHIT you know u just can't win in this game can ya.

Aigh erman i'll look that up later on today right now gotta ride to work.

Thread Information