Training Style : Westside Hybrid
    USAPL Sanctioned
    Age-15
    -Weight-138.2
    -Squat- 297.5 / 314 / 336
    Bench press --181.75 / 198.25 / 209.25 miss
    Deadlift - 341.5 / 374.75 / 402.25 miss
    Equipment Used- Inzer knee wraps, Inzer Blast Shirt, Inzer Champion Suit
    Comments- Today was a great day. Contest started off kinda of bad for everyone, as the judges were strict as hell. People going clearly below parallel got red lighted.. I felt like i was at the IPF worlds.. it was that strict.
    - All my squats went farely well. I picked my 1st and second attempt, while my partner sprised me on my 3rd attempt, and just made me do it. It was a very ugly, deep , squat, but i got it up and thats all that matters.
    - I was very nervous about bench press, as i always do bad on it. I opened up with 181.75 and i smoked it. Jumped up to 198.25, and smoked that. Decided to just go all out on my 3rd attempt, and tried 209.25, but it just wasnt meant to be.
    - Now time for the fun. I love deadlifts. I opened up at 345, and it was a joke. I jumped to 375... easy as hell... after i pulled that, i knew i had sinched the win by formula (wilks) , so i decided to just go all out and tried to pull 402.5 I got it up off the ground. But my form deteriorated, and i couldnt get it past my knees.
    - ALl in all it was a great meet. .. and met some cool people . I saw some triple bodyweight squats, almost a 4 x bodyweigh deadlift,a nd one guy who benched 407 @ 164.. thats 2.5 bodyweigh bench!
    Last edited by deciever; 11-09-2002 at 05:38 PM.

k1401 is offline Junior Member
    COngrats!

deciever is offline Associate Member
    thanks

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Excellent job!

Aragorn

BigBad is offline Banned
    That's some pretty good weight being thrown around by a 138lb 15 yr old. Congrats! -BB

thanks... still not enough weight though...

gotta get up into the 1000's....

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    />
    Oc

well i've benched 205 a few times, raw and shirted. just never paused.

either way it was fun, and im getting yet another inzer shirt to play with

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    congrats bro!!!

thanks

i learned alot too. i learned i can go down in the squat with decent form.. just coming up is a problem

also, for some reason, getting sumo off the floor is easy, and locking it out is hard.. does that mean i have pathetically weak hips??

my 402.5 deadlift attempt.. thats about as high as it went....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My contest results for today- NJ States-402fail.jpg  

- GAL -->
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My contest results for today- NJ States-336top.jpg  
    Last edited by deciever; 11-09-2002 at 09:02 PM.

bottom of my squat...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My contest results for today- NJ States-336low.jpg  

Imnotdutch is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations Deceiver!!

I was just looking at the last squat pic. Did the judges insist that you hit that kind of depth if the lift was to be passed? Looks kinda deep to me.

VDOP is offline New Member
    Great Job Deciever!

That SQ looks deep as hell from the pic! I dont think I could get one passed if thats how deep they required!

One quick question..On your deadlift, do start with a straight back and your shoulders behind the bar? I feel I have really week hips myself, and if the weight comes off the ground for me in sumo, Its usually locked pretty easy. I pull conventional btw.

Congrats again guy!

the judging was strict as hell... i was maybe 1 or 2 inches lower than i had to be to get it passed.. all my squats got 3 whites, except for the last one, which got two.

On the deadlift, i try and keep my shoulders behind the bar,and keep a staight back. I think i just cant lock it out because i have weak hips.. im hoping that kneeling squats will help that

thanks again guys.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Dam man that is a deep squat!! I cant squat that deep. Good job. Your numbers are moving up pretty quick.

Excellent job!

thanks... yeah the squat was pretty deep.. i wish i had it from a side angle....

i wonder if diesel from these boards was at the meet.. i think i remember him saying that he was going to go to the meet to spectate...

thanks

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    DUDE AWESOME JOB you should've gone 200low something for your second so you can say you hit 200 in a meet, BUT stil awesome job.

THAT's A DEEEEEP squat. SHIT I hope I never have a judge like those guys HELL i'll never even get my opener I'm BARELY makin it to parallel when I go heavy I have a prob mid point goin up in squat like start-to-mid when parallel goin up other than that blow it up.

Good luck with the new shirt. I got one thanks to a board member i'ma play with. I'll post how it went

i duno what im doin as far as shirts.. i like the way the standard blast worked today.. but now i have the option of going 3 sizes smaller and getting the heavy duty blast, or using a cranked out crain shirt, that takkes over 200 to touch.. ahh so confusing

and thanks

everone was pissed about the juding.. it was insane.. i didnt get any squats turned down though, so im not going to complain too much

DEADLIFT FREAK is offline Junior Member
    Great job. I knew you were gonna have a big day. I better start working harder...you are making me look bad.

haha.. yup.. what am i? 50 lbs behind your squat? 80 behind your dead and 80 behind your bench.... you better get your ass in gear.. only 210 more lbs to go

bmonster is offline New Member
    Originally posted by deciever
    bottom of my squat...
    That is sickeningly deep. WOW!!!

If I had to go that deep, I would never bother entering a full meet. I doubt I could get 315 down there without blowing my kneecaps through my knee wraps. Impressive.

God bless you for having the patience to put up with Asshole judges whose only mission in life is to give out red lights. No telling how much you could squat if they did not make you put your ass on your calves at the bottom.

Signed,

The High Squatting, Gym Rat Weirdo.

B.

Originally posted by bmonster

That is sickeningly deep. WOW!!!

If I had to go that deep, I would never bother entering a full meet. I doubt I could get 315 down there without blowing my kneecaps through my knee wraps. Impressive.

God bless you for having the patience to put up with Asshole judges whose only mission in life is to give out red lights. No telling how much you could squat if they did not make you put your ass on your calves at the bottom.

Signed,

The High Squatting, Gym Rat Weirdo.

B.
    thanks..

lol yeah.. judgin is very strict... i can only imagine wha t it will be like at a national competition...

Suprisngly enough, i dont feel anything in my knees when i squat that deep...

only downside to the meet is i think i pulled my calf.. i dont when , or how, but after the adrenaline wore off, it was hurting.

thanks diesel

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    Looking good! I know if I had to squat that deep, I would bomb everytime, that is a long way down there for me!

Ermantroudt

How'd your knees feel after that deep squat?

absolutely fine.. the only thing that is hurting is my right calf.. i think i pulled it during my 402 deadlift attempt or something.. i really have no idea.

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    d:

your lifts were awesome. you know it's great you can squat that deep, but you are young and your lifts are still relatively light compared to what you will do as you get older.

you should really consider the APF as the judging is easier yet fair. I really think it will prolong the life of those knees, my friend!

but, as i said, you did awesome!

keep up the great work.

/t

thanks

im pretty sure USAPL is one of the few feds around my area... i can only imagine how i would do in an APF meet... i'd be wayyy to low... i'd look like a sqquatting god

congrats to you on yoru meet as well.

Thread Information