lifter405 is offline Junior Member

at what age do you guys think most pl'ers peak at?

i was wondering what age you guys think pl'ers peak at? how old is kennelly? and how old was coan when he made his all time best total, at the 220 weight class? i am hoping to be able to lift well into my 50's or 60's as long as i stay healthy and can do it without hurting myself. i would think that 30 to 40 would be a pl'ers peak, but i could be wrong. i know in bb'ing ronnie coleman is either 38 or 39 and he just won the olympia this weekend, again. my friend went to it and said everyone thought gunter should have won it, and when he was awarded 5th place everyone booed the judges. my buddy said that gunter got more cheers from the crowd than anyone. sorry, enough about bb'ing, tell me what you guys think about my question if you can remember it after all the shit i wrote about bb'ing. peace.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    I'm thinking or I've heard its around 35(natural). Once again I could've heard wrong and for those of your OVER 35 Don't kick my ass.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    definitly in your 30's. In both sports.

FLASH242 is offline New Member

DEPENDS

HEY NOW?,
    REALLY DEPENDS ON THE LIFTER (INJURIES, DESIRE,LIFESTYLE) I'M 40 AND HAD MY BEST TOTAL AT AGE 38. BEEN COMPETING FOR 20 YRS NOW.
    FOR THE PAST 6 YRS I USE A B. SHIRT IF I'M OVER 75% OF 1RM
    AND SQUAT/DEAD LIFT GEAR IF I'M OVER 85%.
    IT'S KEPT MY SHOULDERS, KNEES AND LOWER BACK HEALTHY. YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU SET YOUR MIND TO....JUST HAVE A PLAN AND DO IT! GOOD LIFTING******* FLASH

Thread Information