Thread: Meet Results

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member

Meet Results

Just got into not too long ago. I had a pretty good time at the meet, even though things didn't go as well as I had planned.

1st - 440 - Good
    This was pretty easy, just like I wanted it to be. This was a 104lb meet PR, since the best bench I have posted in a meet was 336. I used my looser shirt on this attempt.

2nd - 475 - miss
    First thing I noticed was the weight came down pretty easy. I am not sure if being 10lbs lighter than expected had something to do with that, or wether I had the shirt pulled a little higher. I made the mistake of letting the bar drift back towards my face as soon it comes off the chest. This puts my right messed up shoulder in a bad position. I actually could lock out the left arm, but the right arm had floated back too far. I also got a huge cramp in my left hamstring.

3rd - 475 - miss
    Hamstring was still bothering me as you can see me shaking my leg as I set up. I did the same thing as before, let the bar float back. This is something I will have to work on.

So I didn't get the 500....I didnt even get to attempt it
    I have no doubt I will go past 500 at my next meet. I will just continue to rehab my shoulder and work on pressing the bar in a straight line. 440 is still a big lift for me, so I cant be pissed about setting a new PR.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me, and gave me encouragement. There were lots of good lifters at the meet. I will have a write up put on my site soon. Below are some video links. Thanks again everyone.

475 - miss
    475 - miss

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    That 440 went up with little effort. I thought for sure 475 would be no problem. On that first shot at 475 the bar came out of grove. You nailed it on the head. It looked like to me you expected it to be heavier than it was. When it went back that was it. Had that bar traveled one inch forward (maybe even a 1/2 inch) and not drifted on you that would have went up easy. 500 will go down bro. Nice job on your PR.

Oc
    Last edited by Ocnorb36; 12-07-2002 at 11:52 PM.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Great job abd congrats on the lift and the big PR's! You are one schooled lifter and guys who use there head and train the way you do are the ones the make it. I have no doubt you will not only hit 500 next time out but you will be way higher then that in the year to come.

I am proud of ya!

This Is Bench Day is offline Junior Member
    nice job chad. Things rarely go as planned, but now you know what went wrong and how to fix it. You definitely looked powerful enough to get the 5 if you keep it in the groove.

john martinez is offline New Member
    Anytime a PR is reached it was a good day so, congradulations on a job well done. 500 will be a thing of the past for you.

k1401 is offline Junior Member
    damn, sorry about you missing that, it was close, you'll get it plus some!

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the support everyone!

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    great job. yup, just a misgroove. you're obviously good for well over 475

Thread Information