noneck17 is offline New Member

could i compete?

ok, im 17yr old im going to be 18 in january. Im 5'5 165lbs. Im goin to max my squat this week so im not sure what my squat is right now. My bench press is 365 without a shirt, i have never wore a shirt, but im thinking about buying one after christmas. Do you guys think i could compete?

zackdarnell is offline New Member

Re: could i compete?

Originally posted by noneck17
    ok, im 17yr old im going to be 18 in january. Im 5'5 165lbs. Im goin to max my squat this week so im not sure what my squat is right now. My bench press is 365 without a shirt, i have never wore a shirt, but im thinking about buying one after christmas. Do you guys think i could compete?
    Yeah, definitely. That is an excellent bench. What do you deadlift?

CHSDOG55 is offline Associate Member
    If u weigh 165 pounds benching 365. Then hell yea u could compete. U might even set state records. Remember u have to bring the bar down controlled and hold i on chest and then press and lockout the rack it. I've never heard of anyone under 18 weighing that weight over 240. Why dont u try getting a video of this. That would be awesome to watch. Are u taking anything ?

noneck17 is offline New Member
    thankz bro, yah i competed in this lil bench competition at the ymca, i was 16 then and i had ot do it controlled hold on my chest for about half a second, and couldnt move my lower body at all, i ended up maxing that day at 285. I will try to post some pics of me putting up 365. not just me holding it lol like some guys try to do. I will actually have it step by step. Thanks for the posts thoguh fella's

samoth is offline Member
    That is a very good lift if it can be done with form... it would take the Wisconsin state APA record here.

Thread Information