jeremys is offline Associate Member

fury or double denim?

christmas is coming up, so i need to make up my mind.

my groove is lower, and i've heard both these shirts have a lower groove than a poly would.

so i dont know if i should go with the fury (it's cheaper too) or with the double denim.

i really dont know much about shirts, but i got a good enough lift at my last/first meet in a single ply hphd inzer. i do feel stronger in a groove a little lower than that though..

my lockout isn't way stronger than the rest of my bench or anything; all my board press #s are about the same (does this change)?

ok now add the new plus shirt that's coming out to the list

This Is Bench Day is offline Junior Member
    jeremys -- I haven't used any of these... but I'm going to order a FURY in the next couple days. Here's what I know about the others just from reading boards.

Double denim supposedly messes up your groove more than a fury will.

Fury is much much easier to get into than a double denim.

I've read of certain instances where people have needed 500 to touch with their fury -- and still not blown it out. If I remember correctly, you're about a mid-3 bencher.

nxg+ is supposedly going to be a lot like the fury, just with a higher percentage of the material being nxg, rather than the poly/nxg mix that is in the fury.

I'm choosing to go with the fury -- since it's my first shirt, and it seems like an intermediary between the normal single poly, and the denims. Also like you said, saves you some cash.

thanks. any idea how long it takes to ship and if the price went down at all?

This Is Bench Day is offline Junior Member
    they haven't released a price on the nxg+ yet -- however they have said it'll be more than the fury.... yet still less than your average double denim. I would guess something in the low 100s.

fury is 85.00 -- I think they are currently backed up and shipping is taking about 3 weeks -- I recommend ordering before January 1 when the nxg+ comes out. That will really back Titan up and after that I would guess a minimum of 4 weeks. From what I've read on the titan forum, they're shipping is pretty unpredictable... some people will get their shirt in a week... others have taken over a month.

thanks

zackdarnell is offline New Member
    Titan told me 6 weeks on the Fury. This was 2 weeks ago.

yikes. i'm planning on a bench meet in late january or in march. SHOULD have enough time if i order pretty soon here. dont think i can till after christmas though

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Titans 6 weeks is more like 18. Get the Double D from Karin

how much does the karin shirt cost?

155...and its worth every penny. The Titan shirts are 85 or so, but remember, they do eventually wear out. Denim can last for years. On the downside, denim needs to be fit just right....so if your body size changes a lot, your shirt wont fit right. Just some things to consider. Both the Fury and Karin Denim are good shirts....I have tried both.

i think i'll go with the fury. i wont have much money at all and my bodyweight can fluctuate. my lockout isn't too great compared to the rest of my bench so i'm thinking the fury would work better for now

i'm thinking about getting a double D now...but wouldn't i be better off with a fury, since i may not be strong enough in the lockout portion of the lift for a double D? i'm thinking i'll have enough money for either

Jeremys,
    A double D can work for anyone.....its all about fit. What is your best bench right now? If its not up over 400, then you'll likely have your double D a little on the looser side.

Also, if you go with Double denim, i would go with the open back. Some may disagree, but the reason being, you can adjust the tightness as you get stronger. If you want a little more resistance, then you pull the shirt down.

With the Fury, you can pull it down some, but nothing like the Denim. Also, with Karins denim, you get 2 free adjustments. She will work with you to get the shirt right. If it doesn't fit, you send it back and she adjusts it. you dont get that with Titan. Also, Titan will take A LOT longer to get you the Fury......karins service is quick.

My vote would be for the Karin Denim, definitely. Its more expensive, but it will last longer and be more versatile of a shirt. In the long run, you will save money.

If you order, just mention my name, Chad Thomas. I am not sposored by her and I dont get free stuff for you mentioning my name....but I do try to send her as many people as I can, because I do feel her denim and her customer service is bar none the best.

cool. my competition PR is only 305. i plan to hit 400 this summer sometime. so what do i do for measurements?

what would be bad about open back?

also, how much money should i expect to scrap up, including shipping, etc?

i'm going to need her number also. safe to pay with credit card, correct?

Ok, some people would say that you are not strong enough for double denim, but Cindy Turcotte benched around 250 in a double denim. It's all a matter of how its sized.

I really can't see anything bad about open back. As with any shirt, it will take some practice. You will learn how the shirt performs in different positions, etc.

The V-back (this is what she calls her open back) is 155 shipped. That includes 2 free alterations. I done about 10 transactions with her, and there is no problem using a credit card.

Here are the measurements you need.
    1. Chest - the widest point around your chest.

2. Shoulders - the widest point around your shoulders.

3. Upper Arm - this is basically your bicep measurement, unflexed

4. Lower upper arm (or Forearm) - This one is important. You need to
    measurment the lower part of your bicep. Also, measure your forarm at
    its widest point. You need to give her the larger of the 2. My lower
    bicep was 13.5 and my forearm was 14.25. I gave her the 14.25. This
    is how she figures the arm opening. If she made it to 13.5, then I
    would probably never get it over my forearm.

5. Back of neck to elbow - this one is a little tricky. Basically the
    based of your neck to your elbow. This is how she comes up with sleeve
    length. Please ask her about this one, she can explain it a little
    better.

6. Neck to butt - this determines the length of the shirt

7. Chest Plate - arm pit to arm it accross your chest (usually at
    nipple line).

If you have any troubles with the measurements, give her a call. Karin, or her husband Doug are really helpful in getting you measured right. Also, let her know your current bench, and what you need to touch (opener weight). She will likely size it over your measurements a little bit. Don't add anything to your measurements, just give her the actual ones.

Her number is
    1-866-255-7068
    or
    1-740-745-5448

If you have an questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Take care bro.

/Chad Thomas

thanks a ton, i'll order in a couple days. i'll be sure to put in a good word for you too. thanks again

Anibolism is offline Junior Member
    Who makes the fury and what is the websight addy I can order it from?? I finally hit 415 raw and now I promised myself I would try a shirt.Thanks...

titan makes it. go here www.titansupport.com

Thread Information