Thread: Going Public!!

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member

Going Public!!

Well i havent died!! PL jay is around!

What am i going public about. Well i am currently dieting down for two bodybuilding shows in the spring time! Thats right bodybuilding. Hell if i cannot powerlift right now, i gotta compete in something right? Save the flames!! I am gonna do good and am actually excited about it. But if things go to plan i will do the WPO in the fall. I think they will.

Here is my progress so far. IN Late AUG i was 263lbs. BF unknown. I dieted down to 242 lbs for my last meet on Sept 28th. But that Monday was 248, which was my normal walk around maintance free weight! I was 16.5% BF with water retenion. Dropped down to a 238lb weight at 15%bf and no water retenion in Mid to late Nov. I am heaviest at night of course, now i am 231 at 12% BF at night. Arms are bigger, legs same, and 4 inches less in my stomach. So diet is well.

I know this is a powerlifting board, but thought i would share my plans with ya'll....my online family's!! Later all.

PLJAY

k1401 is offline Junior Member
    good luck jay!

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    I hope you heal up well bro...and knock'em dead.

Aragorn

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    pljay,

merry xmas to you and your family. i think i need another trip out there to get your head back on your shoulders :LOL.

heal up ...

Jagermeister is offline Junior Member
    Good luck with BB,

powerlifterjay I just read your post over at elite fitness about your shoulder injury. Do you have a popping or clicking sound when you externaly rotate your arm, Ie. hold you arm out in front of you with your palm down/ your thumb is horizontal. Then rotate your arm so that your thumb is down.

If you do have a clicking sound, you might want to have surgury.
    http://www.fpnotebook.com/ORT297.htm
    Last edited by Jagermeister; 12-25-2002 at 11:54 AM.

john martinez is offline New Member
    Do what ever you need to do. We'll be waiting right here when you decide to come back(Powerlifting). Now get BIG bro get BIG!!(muscles that is)

Thanks guys. I am still training heavy! Just cant flat bench. But i feel pretty good and strong actually. I will still be posting, but just not competeing till around Sept 2003.

My shoulder makes no popping noise and has zero pain unless i am benching. I cannot even make it hurt in the slightest bit at home or when i am showing someone where it hurts.

I really believe it the bicep tendon, i think i just got tendonitis deep enough so when i have stress on it its rubbing a nerve or something. It is fully functional. Thats why i know it cannot be that serious. I knwo guys who cant sleep at night from pain. My last injury in fact, but not this one. It needs rest and reps. I am doing reps of 6 to 10 on it now.

Looking back i handled over 600lb every week for months on the bench. I never let it heal up.

And it seems like no one anywhere has had my symptoms so i can compare.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    PLJ,

I'm sure you'll do well in the BB comps, just be sure it doesn't hinder your shoulder rehab.

Merry xmass and good luck,

xxxl83

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    Youll do fine in BBing pljay!! your a winner buddy!!! that type of training will be very productive in your powerlifting future! Once you diet down, put the weight back on slow and put quality weight on!

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member
    Also, pljay...I didnt forget about that nutrition chart..I just cant find the damn thing!!!! LOL I know most of it in my head...Ill shoot ya an e mail and help ya out! Hope you had a great Christmas...

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I'd say go for it bro.. I wish you all the best. Shouldn't be too hard, you are obviously dedicated and motivated by being a powerlifter, BBing shouldn't be that much different for you, just alittle more decipline and training.
    Hell with your size, I am sure you will knock them dead amigo. good luck, keep us up to date on your progress.

Thanks guys! Support is what keeps me motivated.

I can say this , powerlifters could learn alot from bodybuilders when it comes to nutrition. It will help yoru strength a ton. I will never eat like shit again. The eating takes some dicipline thats for sure, but its well worth it.

Did flat close grips tonight. Didint feel to painful. Went really light though, but its a start on the rehab!

Imnotdutch is offline Junior Member
    Good luck with the shows PLJ.........

Care to outline how you have changed your diet and what benefits you think you have seen?

Originally posted by powerlifterjay
    Thanks guys! Support is what keeps me motivated.

I can say this , powerlifters could learn alot from bodybuilders when it comes to nutrition. It will help yoru strength a ton. I will never eat like shit again. The eating takes some dicipline thats for sure, but its well worth it.

Did flat close grips tonight. Didint feel to painful. Went really light though, but its a start on the rehab!

Well....let me see. First off i never counted calories or grams of anything. I ate about 3 to 4 times a day. My day used to look like this
    breakfast 3 eggs, grits, white toast
    lunch BK broiler, fries, coke
    dinner whatever my wife made, or ate out, (sports bar usually)
    Night maybe ice cream or whatever i wanted.

The thing is i am not a tiny person. I maintain 245 to 250lb bodyweight on less then 3000 calories a day. Above was a average day. I have never really been a big eater. If i was trying to bulk up i would probably eat anojther sandwhich mid afternoon. And more per meal. I was lucky to get 100 to 150 grams of protein a day. When i ate out it was healthy though. Chicken fish or steak, with veggies.

Now my daily diet is different , structered , and calculated to the very last gram. MOnday i eat 365g protein, and 225g of carbs, fat 40g or so.
    By Sat i am at 415g proteinl and 50g carbs. Fat same. Sunday io carb up. A typical mid week, day low carbs but not lowest looks like this:

730 meal 1 After cardio and calves and abs (workout on empty stomach) Protein drink 22g p

meal 2 8:45 2 chicken breasts (8oz) 35g p
    3 eggwhites, 1 whole 17g p
    1/4 c grits 30g c

meal 3 11am 7 oz eye o round 45g p
    1/2 c rice 36g c

meal 4 1:30 can tuna 33g p
    7 triskets 21g c
    protein drink 22g p

preworkout 3:30 protein drink 22g protein
    oatmeal 26g carbs

postworkout protein drink 66g p
    mixed with powerade 40gc

meal 5 730 pm 9oz fish 45g p
    protein drink 22g p

meal 6 can tuna 33g p
    protein drink 22g p

Total day was 385g p, 153g carbs, fat around 40g.

Imnotdutch is offline Junior Member
    Keep us updated on your progress.........this is kinda interesting for me. Its been a couple of years since I worked hard on my diet, but I reckon this might be the incentive I need to take the time to do it right. Its just much easier hitting 3-4 meals a day

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    Good luck Jay. Let me now when the BB show is and i'll swing by for some support. How are your leg days looking? Squats and deads? I to am starting to get a good grip on my diet, tuna, chicken, steak, trying to lean up but stay the same weight. Before my next meet i still might need your help with this new open back denim. Stay strong. Later

Well training is well. The difference for me is more reps mainly. Not many more. 5 to 10. BUt no flat benching. This last Monday i did flat dumbells after inclines and felt ok i guess. I will start floors and boards in Feb or march. BUt the rest is more reps and pumping action!

I'll let ya know when they are. IN the spring though. But if you need help with the shirt we train same time as usual. 4 PM.

Thread Information