john martinez is offline New Member

Thanks Powerlifting JAY!

Thanks for spending the time to talk to me about training it was well worth the time on the phone. I will start the routine this sunday which use to be speed day. I can't wait to have a 500raw bench to go with my 600shirt bench.
    Also when I would do my speed I would do 2 tricep exercises following the workout. Should I limit it to maybe 1 exercise considering I'll be switching to this other workoutwe talked about?
    john

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Hey man no thanks needed. It was a pleasure talking to you. YOu can call anytime. Congrats by the way on Ohio State!!

I would keep the two tri exercises. I usually do two and pushdowns. Like i said i would get off the bench and go straiight to floor presses and do reps of 5 and up close grip. Then it woudl be some kinda dumbell behind the head or barbell behind the head. Just what ever you want at this point. The workout shouldnt be much longer. Just keep your tri work on this day reps of 5 or so. Unless you feel really strong do a triple but no less. Then on your ME day if you will, do triples all they up to a single. Good luck with it, i know it will work. It did a ton for me. I used that program all the way up till last June. Took my bench raw touch n go from 440 to 545, and shirt bench in competition from 450 to 600. The 625 was westside for 3 months!! When i come back it will be what i use. With a few changes i told you about.

Cant wait to hear how it goes!

rage22 is offline New Member
    Just reading you're post, im in florida also (cocoa area) I have a raw 475 bench and my goal is to past 500 by end of jan
    im 32 so I wanna get that 5 before I get to old
    what is this program???

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    It is the powerlifterjay program!! LOL its just a modified westside kinda. No speed work but raw benching on your would be speed day. Its almost like metal militia style except instead of shirt benching every week your heavy boardpressing every week. 72hrs after your raw bench session. Follow me??

Mainly reps of 3 to 5, and some burnout sets as well.

Thread Information