AllAlone is offline Junior Member

Training with Bands.

My weights are getting back to the point where I feel I can start my band training again but I have one issue. I'm at a new gym and nothing is bolted down. Usually I use a power rack for bench, squat and deads when I'm using bands. I could weight them down but I squat outside of the rack being that my stance is wide. I'm kinda out of ideas...if anyone has a creative thought let me know...I can't be the only one. Thanks.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    No prob set some heavy db where your gonna line up for your squat and choke the bands around the db's. If the db are round just wedge some plates under them so the db doesn't roll. works for benching too.

stay strong

xxxl83

I guess you would have to use pretty heavy db's. Cool...I'll give it a shot. Thanks a ton.

120lb's will hold down the blue strong bands, as they are only 100lbs each at the top.

before i lifted at a gym with a monolift this is how i anchored my bands, as long as your not training in gear and doing circa max band work you'll be fine.

xxxl83

If you need a heavier set up let me know i got more tricks lol. problem is the gym might not be too psyched but the above set up should work fine.

xxxl83

CDiesel313 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxl83 View Post
    No prob set some heavy db where your gonna line up for your squat and choke the bands around the db's. If the db are round just wedge some plates under them so the db doesn't roll. works for benching too.

stay strong

xxxl83
    This is definitely the best way to go.

You can double the bands around the DB's too if you have heavy enough ones to create more tension instead of choking them. That's what I do. Either way, it is the easiest and most proficient set up. For deadlifting it can get a little tricky. I have found that the EFS Pro Short bands work best. Before you put the weight on the bar, slide the bar through both bands. After you put the weight on put your feet through the bands to anchor them down and you're ready for speed pulls.

What I said made sense in my head, but in case it came out all messed up here is a link to a video with Dave Tate explaining the set up...

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/band_strength.htm

Very cool...thanks a lot guys. Whatever I end up doing should be pretty crazy...I don't think this gym has seen training like this before. Should create a good Q and A. Thanks again.

qal92 is offline Senior Member
    yeah i use dbs sometimes and i usually use 200lbers because i use aload of tension but it works fine

stay strong

Thread Information