powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member

Tried Floor presses this week...

and dam it my pain is still pretty sore in the shoulder. Close grips hurt but are tolaerable. The Floors really ached when i had close grip. But wheni went pinky on rings not to bad. Too bad too i wante dto bang some weight out. This week i am gonna do some light board presses. Crazy ass training for being 12 weeks out from show!! Its seems hard to just abondan my roots of training. Power is not my focus but when it is for so long you cant just dump that mind set altogether.

musclehed275 is offline Junior Member

Hey PLjay

Hey PLJAY!!! Did you get my e mail?? I wrote ya a couple of weeks ago.. I know what you mean bro, about hard to get away from your roots! I started out training with a USPF world champion powerlifter! I didnt know any other way to train. I switched to Bodybuilding because i had no other choice! It was either that or just piddle ass around in the gym, and i wasnt going for that option! I did shows for 8 years and no powerlifting. I had to just stop getting PLusa magazine, not go to any meets, just completely stay away from the powerlifting! The scary thing is, I really got into the bodybuilding! I was even wearing the baggy "clown looking" clothing and staying tanned year round! LOL But when Kennelly moved into my home town, and after getting screwed in a couple of shows on my placing, and blowing my patella tendon, I started doing bench meets.. I have attempted, a couple of times, to get back into the BBing, i just cant! I love the powerlifting too much! Its good for you to do this bbing show, it teaches you discipline, and good diet habits. You see how lean i stay now. Im sure you will do the same! your shoulder will come around buddy! enjoy the change, youll comeback hungrier than ever buddy!

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Hey bro! Man we switched everythign online and i dont have that email anymore. I actually went on here to get your email and it doesnt allow it to be shown. Didnt post for ya cause i didnt htink you posted anymore. Good to see ya in here!

Ya i can tell you right now, as anal as i have become with my eating i will never eat like i did before. In fact i already know what kinda off season diet i am gonna do now.

IN the last few weeks (around 3) i have noticed my strength drop. I upped the carbs and other shit to compensate for my lack of enerygy. Its not bad but i am close in the single digit bodyfat right now and can with my lowered carbs my big lifts are going down in the gym. BUt ya know what? I dont care! I know i would need maybe 2 months to get back in 100% lifitng condition for a meet. I am still repping 400 close grip on the bench. But i actualy havent benched pressed since Nov. Its been all dumbells mostly inclines. Sometimes the shoulder hurts other times its a faint feel i can live with while i train.

I think i am gonna do some more BB after the show. I would love to do the bench bash this year but man i just dont know if the shoulder can handle 600 plus. IN training. I willknwo in the summer time. I honestly havent tested out much. BUt man i would love to dedicate a year to BB and try to put on some new muscle aybe 15 to 20lbs more. I got some new ideas in training, supplments , and diet that are gonna change my body like you wouldnt believe! Cant wait.

So are the Southern States out for you? Man i wanted to come watch ya. Other than that all hows the training going? And hows your lady's trainign going? My new email is [email protected] TTYL

Thread Information