Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member

want a great strength program for next cycle

want to add some poundages next cycle!

i'll most likely be doing: test en, eq, suspina, dbol , and nolvadex .

whats a great program!! please powerlifts

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Well there is no magical routine. If you wanna increase your lifts without size you could try westside style of training. YOu will get bigger but just not as fast as a good BB program woudl do for ya. What i do though is both. I train strickly powerlifter with a few BB movement afterwards pretty much all the time. But since i am doing a show i a switched to more of a repped out BB program with a few powerlfts in there. For instance

on chest day if you wanna increase yoru bench ...bench! Do 4 working sets going up to a heavy ass triple. If you are feelign awesome that day, ride it out and hit a single after the triple. Then move on to regular chest shit. Whatever you do normally.

Back day start with deadlifts. do triple after warmups and go till a triple is not possible. Then do regular back work, Include some sort of heavy rows. Machine, dumbell, barbell, T bar etc.

Then on arm day start with close grips for some tricep strength (note ifyou do tris monday too thats fine) Go up to a triple, manily stick with hard sets of 5 on these. Then finish your regular tricep work.

Then leg day start with heavy ass squats. Again going to a triple and if again feeling awesome do a single. BUt on all your big movments you dont need more then 4 hard working sets. I usually do three. For instance on squats i do the barx10 reps 3 sets, 135x10 2set, 225x5, 315x5, 405x5, now i start my 3 sets. Those were warmups now i do 500x5, 545x5, 600x3 to 5 then maybe 405 to failure. Thats the bodybuilder style i am using currently. Powerlifitng i woudl do 500x3, 585x1 635x1, 700x1, 725x1 on my heavest day raw. So there is a difference in the style of strength program you wanna try. The first woudl yeild better size gains, for me, then the second.

Thats all there really is to it bro. I cannot see personally how some one can get thick with out at least doing two of the big three. I switch deadlift each week from floor to rack pulls from the knee. Use intensity and go to failure on the big three. Not forced rep failure though. With weight this heavy being used each week your better off to do a rep out set after wards then to do forced reps. Your sets of 5 are to failure. Rest a good 2 minutes on the heavy movements. Hope i helped some.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks, nice post. when on cycle, how much weight is an ok amount to test your self each? ie: bench 5 pounds? 10 pounds? how do you find your improvements

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Well if yoru on some good shit and your body is responding to the workout and the supplments (and you knwo when they are!) Ride it out. I call it riding the strenght wave! If you are on a big set of three and they were easy as shit, like i said up top if you feel like it load it up and bang out a single. Or go up a little more and set a new personal best with a set of three. Set of three to five , for me, build my strength better. Singles really just test it out. But i aint gonna lie to ya. Wheni am fresh on a new run of gear and i am ragin on the weights i WILL load up a badd ass single. I have done it three weeks or more in a row. But i usually get some reps in first with a decent rest before i take my single. YOu know what your body can take. You know if you gotta chance or not. Dont get hurt (that just sets you back) but take advantages of the good days in there. There are too many bad days in strength training to let a good one slip by.

Thread Information