Thread: PLjay

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member

PLjay

what is up man? You still doing that bodybuilding stuff? Just thought i'd see whats up.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Hey man good to see ya pop in here. We hav emissed you. It got kinda slow. I see ya on Gibsons and tommy's. I stay off them boards though. Trouble!!

Ya man i am still in it. Got about 10 weeks to go for show number 1 then another 3 weeks after. I am ready too. 218lbs 9% ish. My guys that help me say i look 4 to 6 weeks out so i had to increase my carbs some, but i am looking forward to it.

Still training heavy. Or at least heavy as i can for being low carbs. I did 500x4 deadlifts tonight. Could of got more but once i get to a wall my drive to bust through it is gone right now (low carbs and 2x a day cardio will do that) so i on th ebig lifts go to positive failure. Shoulder is still hurting. I tried baord presses last week for the first time since last nov. Did 405 for like 5 warm up then 455 hurt. But i do close grips index on smooth and can still knock out 365x6 to 8 and 405x5. Though now i am feeling the effects of the diet and look to weaken up some more here soon. I think if my shoulder could take it i could be back powerlifting wise 100% in 2months or so. Maybe 3. Last squat workout i did 600x4 raw. But lately been using smith for reps. Havent flat benched since last Nov though. Mainly dumbells. So with my shoulder being the real deciding factor in my future with benching we'll see what happens with it this year. I do wanna put on 20lbs of lean body mass for next year though. What ever i weigh at this show i wanna come in 15 to 20 more next year. I would liek to hit 2 maybe 3 bench meets this year if possible. But i will do it in 220's for a bit. I am gonna stay under 12 to 13% tops as a high.

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    stay off my board? hmpff.... no trouble on there anymore. we just delete the haters jason....

hope to see you back in the pl-scene soon.

chat soon man!

hey, how is the florida crew doing now?

/t

Irish, Sup man? Man no offense. Your board is good i do read it. I just see certain lifters psoting there and it seems like everyone gets caught up from some time or another and true colors come out. There were, i say were many lifters (pro) or other wise i would love to have met in person and hangout with, but after the boards popped up i wouldnt even bother with most. If i seen them at a meet i would say whats up only if our paths had to cross. I dont want people to ever thinik that of me. Haters is right. Hate gear, drugs, Feds you name it. But Irish me and you will always be cool. Your posts are always positive. Even when you must daily defend yourself!!

Fl crew is good in fact I am meeting grimmer tonight to help him with his shirt for Sat bench meet. He came in last week as well. Jimmie Dean trains with a new guy who is coming along great. But with his new job he trains late. Teen Myth is actually doign a bodybuilding show as well. He isnt injured just trying something new i guess. But June is there big date for a fullpower meet. I think teen is gonna hit one in July. At 181 or 165. One years tiem he will have done 242's and 165. Has that ever been done??

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    i hope to see you back on the pl scene soon. i am still expecting to move back to florida in 3 - 5 years. i have actually been working my ass off at this small company hoping to take it public.

but anyway, the metal militia training is fucking taking me up there. my pec and shoulder hardly bother me anymore.

sebastian burns is a badass. he's been helping alot. i hit 665 the other day in the gym, legitly. im hoping to bring that to canada.

also, i am not in the 275s anymore i am thinking of going up till i nail 700. we should chat. i have learned a lot of things.

later man!

/t

Dude you are coming along fast! If you can find a way for me to train with some less pain i am all for it. When i start to train for a meet again i am gonna do a militiua style anyway. Kinda similiar to what iw as doing before. But if you got suggestions i would love to hear em. We will chat soon. Give me a call whenever.

Do you ever feel overtrained with that style? How long does it take to complete the workout? Shit we need to talk!!

solidj55 is offline Member
    Jason I want to see some pics bro, I bet you are fucking shredded and solid as hell.

Last Tues i was gonna start snapping. But dam Camera didnt have a battery. But its all set now. This coming week i will start posing three times a week. 10 weeks out. I am 217lbs as of tonight. BUt i will get some taken. Thanks for the vote of confidence solidj.

pljay, sounds like things are goin good man! Saw your pictures above, you dont look like a powerlifter! haha. I don't know how you get lean like that, that takes a shit load of discipline. I love to eat too damn much.

My trainin is going pretty good man. I got a meet coming up May 3rd. My bench is up around 575-600 now... a long ways from the low 400s when I first posted on this board.

Good luck on the bodybuilding venture, maybe you should compete down in the 198s or so?

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    musc good to hear from ya man.

What the hell you and me were almost parallel and your at 600 BENCH JESUS I didn't know taking 5 months off was gonna kill me soo much.

Hope your training goes well for ya. how's the shoulder?

Whats up Cubanito! I was just reading back through some of the posts, and saw where you stopped training. Sorry to hear that man. You will bounce back. In a month or 2, dont be suprised if you find yourself exceding what you use to do!

The shoulder is still fucked up, but I am working around it. I probably wont have one of these long lustrious careers like Ed Coan, but I wouldnt mind benching 700 before its all said and done.

Keep plugging at it Cuba, you strength will be at 120% in no time.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    MUSC thanks for the encouragement dude I can't wait. I need to get rid of that mental block I got going.

Thread Information