IrishPower is offline Junior Member

the florida crew

hey pljay:

how is the florida crew doing? jimmie dean? teenmyth? grimmer?

did any of them do the apf southern states?

whats the good word?

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    The florida crew is going strong. No one did the Southern States. I for shoulder problems, Jimmie Dean for work, Teen Myth for equipment isuues. He is down from 240 in June to 205 currently and nothing fits him and his gear didnt arrive till too late. Grimmer i think went on Vacation or something cause i never hear from him much anymore till his recent post. I know where all training hard and will ALL be full power meet bound in the fall. We have a couple new additions to our crew as well. Jimmie Dean and his job cant train with us (me and Teen myth) but he trains with a new member. And a new one trains with us. I believe a few will do the June meet. BUt this fall will be a new time for us!

Hows your training going? Whats the bet with Gratton? Man whats wrong with that dude? He hates all lifters and all equipment. What a downer for the sport. I know you will out total him big time, but i would liek to see you knock his ass out too! You would be doing the world of powerlifitng a favor! What kinda lifts are we looking to see from ya?

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    re: gratton haha

yeah, grudge match of the century. actually, its going to be a big meet in Canada. I am hoping for some big numbers. I will need them to win 275s. there will be at least 5 people in that class who total 2000+.

I have a new training partner who is a monster and we are going at it mega-abusive style.

Don't want to quote numbers, but it would be nice if i broke 700 on the deadlift finally.

ill keep you posted.

/t

Your coming along fast man! I am impressed with ya.

2000lb totals??? Why would you worry about that? You will be over 2100 easily. I read them boards over there! I see them videos too. Cant wait to hear it. Kick that dudes ass for real too. Please, for me!

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    I'm still here and alive. Between finals last semester, christmas break, work and the new semester starting i have been busy to say the least. Training has been slow but steady. I'm goal oriented again with some PRs in mind in the next few months. Finally healed my low back completely, no more dull throbing pain all day long. My training partner for the past 3 months will probably not be able to much longer so i'm a little pissed but shit happens.

Jay , I got time on mondays and fridays to come trian with you guys. I take it Teen Myth went back to his old way of training? I'll PM ya.

Good luck Irish. Kick some ass and take some names.

VORTEX is offline New Member
    HEY JAY
    I JUST MOVED DOWN TO WEST PALM FROM NY AND LOOKING FOR SOME COMPOTITIONS AND A GOOD TEAM TO TRAIN WITH. I WAS WONDERING WHAT KIND OF STATS YOUR TEAM HAS PUT UP. IM 23 YEARS OLD 176LBS AND MY MAX BENCH IS 355 . I WAS GOIN TO ATTEND THE BATTLE OF THE BAD ASSES BUT MY MOVE WAS TO TIME CONSUMING. I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU

Welocme to Fl Vortex. We pretty much hit APA, and APF meets only. YOu can look at www.apa-wpa.com and hit the upcoming contest section and get some idea of where they will be held. Apf meets usually are June and Dec. They have bench Nat this Sept. WPO nov.

My best gym lifts are 805sq 660 bench- 585 pull
    meet lifts are 705sq( opener!! bench 625 i have both the Fl State record in the APA and the APF, @235lbs. Total 1850

Jimmie dean is 750sq 525 bench, 650 pull 1940 total @255lbs

teen myth at 19 did 810 sq 518 bench, 660 pull @242lbs 1950 total

Grimmer i believe has done 501 sq, 415 bench, 600 dead lift @220lbs

Ron (not online) bench only has done 485lbs @181lbs.

Thats our crew. Were in central Fl a few hrs from you. Bob Youngs is close to you. I dont do there meets, i dont know there schedule and couldnt tell you anything other then they live over there!! Good luck here in Fl.

Thread Information