Imnotdutch is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up New bench PR..........

Despite a minor set back last week I managed to pull off a 15lb bench PR today.........420 dead. Felt really good too.

Whilst I am here I ought to share an observation I made today. Normally I keep myself real tight.........by that I mean absolutely rigid. Today when I allowed myself to be a bit more fluid under the bar the weight felt lighter. I havent figured out why yet.......but am working on it.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Good job! Lot of lifitng in fact i would say close to 75% of it is mental. If you have the strength to lift X amount of weight your mind must also know it 100%. Or it will be a less hearted attempt. I have been squashed by weight only to come back 5 minutes later and freakin destroy it!!

Your tapping into your true strength reserve. YOu find yoru absolute power, nutrition, rest, and lifting tempo i bet ya at this moment you could lift another 15 no problem. Congrats though. Makes the week worth of lifting complete!

Originally posted by powerlifterjay
    Good job! Lot of lifitng in fact i would say close to 75% of it is mental. If you have the strength to lift X amount of weight your mind must also know it 100%. Or it will be a less hearted attempt. I have been squashed by weight only to come back 5 minutes later and freakin destroy it!!

Your tapping into your true strength reserve. YOu find yoru absolute power, nutrition, rest, and lifting tempo i bet ya at this moment you could lift another 15 no problem. Congrats though. Makes the week worth of lifting complete!
    I'll save the other 15 for next time I've set 200kg as my short term target.....that 15 will have me knocking on its door demanding a showdown.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    WAY TO GO good to hear you reached 400+ bro.

Better make that 431 Felt good (as good as the 420) but less stable (it was moving towards my face). So I left it at that seeing as there was only one decent spotter and without being disrespectful to him I dont think he was up to spotting this.

Thread Information