husun is offline Junior Member

school lifting contest

My school is having a charity weightlifting contest. I wanna compete. I had a few questions.

First. What should i be doing the two days prior to it? Today (sunday) i did chest and back and figured out my max bench is around 235/240. I'm thinking that monday i'll go to the gym see what my max's are in the otehr excersizes. squat, deadlift and military press. Then maybe tuesday just do a couple light reps of each and the comp is wednesday evening.
    how does that sound?

second is weight. i dont think it's very formal contest because there wasn't much info posted on the flyer but i emailed the guy running it and he told me the weight classes were <150, 150 to 200, and 200+

I weigh 160 so i was thinking of trying to cut down 10lbs. i know i have a bunch of water weight but i still dunno if that would be possible to do. any tips.

also do u think gloves will be alowed? any other suggestions.

thanks in advance

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    I usually take a week off before any comp. And it helps me a ton. BUt if you feel the need to lift anyways, go light. Save it for the meet. My 2cc's!!

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    Hey bro exactly what are gonna be the lifts at the school and if you only have that lil time I'd just lift. Get the feel of it and then you'll be prepared for when it comes back around next year.

ALSO maxing before a comp to max again is NOT good on the body. Try and do a few singles with DL SQ and MP to see where your at then at the comp go by feel.

husun is offline Junior Member
    i would go by feel but i heard you have to write your 3 weights before you start, and i have like no idea, for dead or squat

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    you should JUST need your first lift. And that's it. after the lift you tell them your second weight.

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    I have a meet at my college this weekend also. The weights they are asking for are probably just estimates at least the last two are. The first one should be a weight that you know you can get. I wouldn't do anything on tuesday and nothing heavier than your opener on monday. Just lift at whatever wight you go in at.

Thread Information