ToTheMAX04 is offline Banned
    that was without juice too

that was with out juice too

and that was without juice

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I think we get the pont bro. I only doubt these numbers because:
    1) I know plenty of dawgs and bro's on juice that still can't put up those numbers
    2) When I was that age, I never knew/seen anybody bench that much. The most I've ever seen was a guy who was 19 bench 405 when I was in 10th Grade. He was on the juice too. And a big ****in' dude.

So from my personal experiences, it sounds like a tonne of BS. But if you have honestly pulled it off? ****, good for you bro.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    I think we get the pont bro. I only doubt these numbers because:
    1) I know plenty of dawgs and bro's on juice that still can't put up those numbers
    2) When I was that age, I never knew/seen anybody bench that much. The most I've ever seen was a guy who was 19 bench 405 when I was in 10th Grade. He was on the juice too. And a big ****in' dude.

So from my personal experiences, it sounds like a tonne of BS. But if you have honestly pulled it off? ****, good for you bro.

These posts are always good for a laugh

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    at 16 my bench was probably around 175-185, cant remember, weighed about 143,...

alpineslide is offline Junior Member
    I'm sure a few of the claims are legit, but certainly not all of them. My girlfriends 15 year old nephew just deadlifted 500 pounds. He is 6'3"....230 pounds....probably around 15 % bodyfat.
    When I was 15 I think I was 5'11" 125 pounds and could bench the bar 3 times and could not do a single pull-up. Yep....I was a little wussy nerd who was picked on often.

That's when I started working out. Two years later at the age of 17 I weighed 165-170 and was benching 255 pounds for 3 reps. That was an incredible lift in my school of 2500 students. I'm not saying I was the strongest in the school by any means, but I certainly gained more then anyone else had over the previous few years. Needless to say some of the guys that had previously picked on me were stepping to the other side of the hall way when they saw me coming. I've never been the fighting type, but I made sure that I intimidated some of the bullies that picked on the little guys.

Scrapper is offline New Member
    that age i was prolly pushing 120lbs bench press.. i was a twig prolly weighing the same.

i agree lots of the posts on here sound like b/s... numbers are huge...

TATS is offline New Member
    IM 16 AND WEIGH 123LBS AND BENCH 315LBSX5 REPS

MY ASS A BUNCH A DIRTY LIARS MAN.... PROOVE IT SEND THE TAPE... ALL THESE KIDS WHO R 130-160 LBS MORE THAN DOUBLING THERE BODYWEIGHT IN BENCH MYAZZ. THERE ARE ONLY SO MANY FREAKS OF NATURE AT 16 AND THEY ALL DIDNT REPLY TO THIS POST

NitrogenY3K is offline New Member
    LilVito469

You benched 415 when u were 16? Bull ****

samoth is offline Member
    Okay... if everyone is lying... who cares. It gives high school kids more motivation.

The only thing more stupid than people lying about the weight they push is the dozens who go on the thread and call BS all the time.

There are kids in HS who push over 400. Maybe they weigh 300lbs, or maybe they have great genetics. Who cares. The threadstarter wanted a comparison, and that's what he's getting.

Everyone get off your high horse with constantly calling BS. There will always be someone stronger than you. Take it with a grain of salt, and as some positive motivation, and move on. I was quite proud of my 180lb bench in HS. My 16 year old friend is proud of his 305. There are some that are proud of their 400+. Give 'em props and move on.

NOW ... let's get some more bench numbers from those who are in high school!

at 16 before i started powerlifting i hit my mark of 300 and i was happy as fukk-thats when i was more into bb'ing.at 17 i hit my mark of 315 before i started powerlifting.and now at 18 im so close to 405

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    man when i was 15 i was about 250lbs and i think my max was..... honestly about 185 becasue i just started benching and woring out now that i am 19 and 290 my bench is up to 190 ahhaha no but my bench was 185 and i had the best bench out of any of the freshman

Sta11ion is offline Member
    I dont know what milk these kids are drinking but, at 16 I was 150 pounds and Max Bench for me was 185 maybe 2 if lucky, And that was considered amazing then. Im 26 now and max I ever tried was 280 at 23 when I weighed 195 18 % BF on bulking stage.

im gunna try and get a pic of my next PL meet just for proof,there was some kid who set the mark of 435 lb benchpress in the weightclass im to light to be in when he went to state.now that was crazy.the only thing considered amazing around here is beating that record because there are a few others who can keep up there bench sets with me.benchpress is my life.only reason im debating to get on a cyle is because im so close to that record and i just dont want it to slip away.

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    ... benchpress is my life.only reason im debating to get on a cyle is because im so close to that record and i just dont want it to slip away.
    What kind of record? Do you mean a state record in a powerlifting federation? Depending on your age... but regardless of that, even... if you are trying for a real state record, do whatever is necessary to achieve your goal.

I am not saying that is is morally right for younger people (you, if applicable, or anyone else) to use steroids , but if someone is gifted enough at that young age to have the potential to compete -- and win -- at the state level, then that is a big decision that they must make.

And by saying "benchpress is your life", I hope you are not neglecting other lifts or muscles.

I don't know your age, or how long you have been lifting, but read up on the subject. Your back and legs play a major role in competitive bench pressing. Heck, your whole body does.

Quote Originally Posted by samoth
    What kind of record? Do you mean a state record in a powerlifting federation? Depending on your age... but regardless of that, even... if you are trying for a real state record, do whatever is necessary to achieve your goal.

I am not saying that is is morally right for younger people (you, if applicable, or anyone else) to use steroids , but if someone is gifted enough at that young age to have the potential to compete -- and win -- at the state level, then that is a big decision that they must make.

And by saying "benchpress is your life", I hope you are not neglecting other lifts or muscles.

I don't know your age, or how long you have been lifting, but read up on the subject. Your back and legs play a major role in competitive bench pressing. Heck, your whole body does.
    ya powerlifting for a federation going to state soon.
    when i say benchpressing is my life, i mean that, weightlifting IS my life-whether im gonna compete in powerlifting or Bodybuilding, i still plan on using the bench and consider it a crucial role in the size and strength of a chest.my chest atleast.benchpressing is what got me into weightlifting and i would do anything and everything before i gave it up.

i HATE working legs.HATE with a passion.squatting is 1 of my least favorite excercises yet i do it b/c it plays a major role in my benchpress.for example, last year i was stumped on moving past 320 bench.i tried and tried and tried again.then my brother made a retarded statement(i thought it was retarded at the time), he said "go bust your ass on that squat rack if you wanna see results"
    at that time i was like "what the phuck would bigger legs help play in benchpress", regardless, with him as a spotter i happend to get my squat up about 30 lbs that month and what do ya know, my bench started to budge.

training my back is a whole nother story in its place, this year i set the mark of youngest/lightest to reach the 500 mark in deadlifts.500 might not be much to all of you, but to me its a big thing.i LOVE to deadlift, its one of those "balls to the wall" excercise you HAVE to hit hard or dont hit it at all.people all neglect it b/c they say it gives them bigger hips and i will admit, it did gimme a couple inches in my hips but you know whut i could care less about hip size.the feeling that you get when you KNOW your capable of such an excercise that helps in real world situations such as picking up your wife whos pregnant off the floor to rush her to the hospital or having to lift a heavy ass couch- it just feels good to KNOW you can do it.

now about the roids, yes im thinking about it, every second of the day.i have to make up my mind by this weekend however or else it will just be a waste of time.im 18, the regional record is 425 but the state record is 435 for my weightclass.im only 20 lbs away.SO CLOSE.sometimes it keeps me up all night just thinking that im the one people could be saying "**** that was 1 strong kid" years from now if the record isnt already broken.

this post is getting kinda long so i dont wanna keep rambling.

samoth is offline Member
    20 pounds away from the state record... sooo close!

Does the federation you compete in allow shirts? If so, what kind? Maybe you could bypass the gear if you can upgrade your shirt. Take it as far as the rules will allow. If they let you use a triple denim, go for it!!

You are so close that a few small tweaks here and there may top your lift out. Better shirt. Groove briefs even. Form tweak... get your arch up an inch or two more. Widen your grip. How's your leg drive? That can add a substantial amount if you are not employing it much right now. You could implement specific training to hit your sticking point on the bench -- Westside powerlifting uses methods like that. At your level, I assume your lockout is your weak point, as any weakness off the chest can be compensated by a tighter/better shirt.

Steriods would certainly help you as well. The decisions and morals behind that are entirely in your court.

Many males still grow in height until their early to mid twenties. Assuming you are in 'normal' health, and have a healthy heart, good cholesterol levels, low blood pressure, etc. etc., I think growing taller through your early/mid twenties is your primary concern. Granted, there is no certainty of "if you take steroids , you will not grow"... you could go on several cycles and still add a couple inches.

Whatever path you choose, you sound dedicated to your goals. Critique, learn, and succeed!

ya, the thing about bending my back is that, coming from a bodybuilding type background, i was taugh to NEVER EVER bring your back off the bench b/c its not good technique.my grip is slightly wider than shoulder width for the fact that my military's and strong but my tricep excercises are only lacking by a few lbs.so i try and compensate for now by making my grip a little wider to imply more shoulder strength and less tricp strength.i AM however working my ass off on triceps these past few weeks.i bring my feet in to about 90 degrees knees bent and i hardly ever drive with my feet.when i bring the bar down and prepare to hold it and keep it steady for the judge to tell me to go, i try and suck in as much air as i can to bow my chest out,and just push like hell on the way up sometimes yelling so hard people outside can hear me.a CD player is a must for me.im one of those type of kids who will sit in the corner till its my time to go and blast some sort of rob zombie or sevendust untill the very second i have to lay down on the bench.

heres what up with bench shirts, i have never used one in my life, for the fact that my federation doesnt allow it.been goin raw for awhile now.i still wonder sometimes how much i could bench with it.

as for growing, i HOPE i dont grow anymore, im at a good size, or atleast I THINK its a good size, for me to grow in height would be a bad situation.when i was around 13 or 14 right when i started lifting i was around 5 8 or 5 9.my mom thought i was gonna be the tallest in the family and i probably would have if i wouldnt of started lifting so early into my life.ive gone with the decision of the steroids though, been thinking and im just gonna do it-
    i wanted to ask you a quick question though-considering im in the gym ALOT,more than the average powertrainer is.sometimes twice in a day if i cant make weight just to shed an extra pound of two, will steroids aid in training so often in a week?

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    ya, the thing about bending my back is that, coming from a bodybuilding type background, i was taugh to NEVER EVER bring your back off the bench b/c its not good technique.

LEARN TO ARCH!!! You can shorten your bench stroke (how far you move the bar both up and down) by a considerable amount. This WILL increase your bench!

i AM however working my ass off on triceps these past few weeks.

Your lockout will depend on your tricep strength. As your bench increases, you will find tricep strength more and more important. Metal Militia has an excellent training program for board presses and lockouts. Look them up. www.metalmilitia.net or something like that.

i bring my feet in to about 90 degrees knees bent and i hardly ever drive with my feet.

Leg drive will help you power the bar up. I have heard of good leg drive adding 20-30 pounds onto people's bench.

when i bring the bar down

Do you bring the bar to your chest (bodybuilding style) or to your upper abs/stomach (powerlifting style)?

heres what up with bench shirts, i have never used one in my life, for the fact that my federation doesnt allow it.been goin raw for awhile now.i still wonder sometimes how much i could bench with it.

If your federation doesn't allow it, don't worry about them. Unless you want to compete in a federation that does.

i wanted to ask you a quick question though-considering im in the gym ALOT,more than the average powertrainer is.sometimes twice in a day if i cant make weight just to shed an extra pound of two, will steroids aid in training so often in a week?

Don't quite understand the question. I think you stating that you are in the gym 1-2 times a day to drop weight sometimes, and you want to know if steroids will help in training often?

If that's what your asking, then the answer is a most certain "yes". Actually, that is one of the primary benefits of steroids -- you are able to work out harder, more often. When my non-lifting friends ask me about anabolics, I tell them that it's basically like hitting a fast-foward button on your training. For a cycle, say 8 weeks, you work out more days per week, have longer workouts, eat more and sleep more, so it's like putting 16 weeks of training, eating, and sleeping into 8. Note this is NOT REALLY TRUE, but more an analogy.
    I strongly sugges looking up Westside training articles by Dave Tate, and the Metal Milita website for their world-record setting bench programs.

1) Learn to arch. You may need to revamp your entire form.
    2) Leg drive. Consider this part of the form revamp.

But don't take my word for it, hit up the powerlifting websites, and other powerlifting forums.

If you want like hundreds of videos, check out www.growordie.com. That site has helped me out more than anything or anyone else ever.

HardcoreGymWARRIOR04 is offline Junior Member
    Hey its all mental.

How the H did you g et your bench up into the 400's. I am not bein a dic*, i am just asking for advice..I am 18 and bench 315 and squat 430. i want badly to get my bench up. What did you do differently...

by the way what weight to you compete at

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreGymWARRIOR04
    How the H did you g et your bench up into the 400's. I am not bein a dic*, i am just asking for advice..I am 18 and bench 315 and squat 430. i want badly to get my bench up. What did you do differently...

by the way what weight to you compete at
    How the H did you get YOUR bench up into the 300's. I am not bein a dic* either... lol... but I was nowhere near a 315 bench when I was 18.

Your stats are very impressive. If you want your bench to go up further, check out some of the suggestions and links on this thread. I will guarentee you that if you follow the Metal Milita bench program, your bench will go up.

da*n i meant 400's

Thanx, it is always a good feeling to have some one impressed with your stats. but in the 400's is just rediculously awesome. To answer your ? samoth...you know how everybody always says" ****, i wish i knew what i knkow now at 16". i guess i am just one of those fortinate people who knew what they were doing by 17, i just turned 18 in the mid of march. I just read and soak in everything i can from this great web site. i cant wait till i know i am done growing taller so i can cross over to the dark side.

well heres how i came to bench 400-long story but here i go.

AGE 13------------------
    when i got into lifting at the age of 13, all i had was a benchpress and a universal(small holed weights) barbell set.i had limited amount of dumbells but i used what i had to work with.i weighed around 160 but i was a chunky little ****, i had titty's(unlike the muscular tits i see myself with today) and every1 would make funna me.you know how it was back in 8th grade, everyone would grab your nipple and say "why dont you start workin out".so i did starting working out, except i started working out in a different way.
    most of my friends were more into doing nothing but curls to get "there biceps big and strong" and look good.me on the other hand i was hitting the bench like every so often till i could throw up around 95 lbs for a set of 10 or so.at that time i was ONLY benching.

AGE 14-----------------
    at age 14 my weight set upgraded a little bit, i had went out and bought some dumbells from sports authority along with dumbell weights(plain ole adjustable dumbells you kno),well heres where my weight training started to get serious.
    That summer i started working construction with my dad to earn money for a truck that i would buy in my years to come as a highschooler(my dad made me work for my truck instead of it beeing givin to me like most kids you see ride around in today and i am very appreciative of the fact that he made me do that).that summer i had bought a bottle of hydroxycut(the old school stuff had ephedrine in it and it worked very well).
    so i started bustin my ass, my training split looked like this

Mondays wednedays and fridays
    Benchpress(pyramid sets of somethin like 12 8 5 3 then a burnout)
    dumbell press(4 set of 8-10 as heavy as i could go)
    incline dumbell press(another 4 sets of 8-10)
    and occasionally i would do decline close grip to hit that bottom inner part of my pec)
    FLIES
    some pushups
    go run on the treadmill for about 15 minutes

i would train my chest on mondays wednesdays and fridays, sometimes i would be so **** obsessed with my chest that i would train with no weekly rest days.
    on days i wasnt working my chest i was doing shoulder and tri workouts along with some sort of back excercises.

that year i lost around 20 lbs and i gained some muscle.i started to look good.
    i was around 5'7" and my benchpress was around 165, 170 lbs with the universal weight set.my chest girth was getting a decent measure and at the time, i was benching more than any of my class mates.

AGE 15-------------------

a few days after my birthday i dug up some money and went out and bought a 45 lb weight bar and some good weights for my bench.i started to think to myself "i wanna bench so much that i want the bar to bend when i do it".
    i am so envious of how i passionate i was about lifting in those days, but still i continued to take the hydroxycut, i learner proper nutrition and protein shakes etc.
    i was very well informed and with this new found info i intended to use it to my advantage.NONE of my friends new jack **** about splitting up there routine weekly or takin in the proper nutrition but luckily i did.this was the year i got jacked up.i dropped another 10 lbs of fat and added a few more lbs of muscle.this is the year i started to get alot of attention at school.every1 stopped messin with my chunkyness and i actually came back from that summer lookin better than most of the kids.
    i had split up my body parts on different days a little better.i started to squat.
    i still went all out on benchpress and i never had a spotter.i trained by myself, alone, with no1 else around except a radio off of my computer.

my sets were getting heavy, i could do around 175 for a set of 10 and would finish off with around 205.later on that year i bet some of my friends i could benchpress 250 and at that time i had no doubt in my mind i could.
    the day where i tried 250 i got BARRIED.badly, everyone made fun of me but that didnt phase me.at that time also, my friends were all a year or a couple years older than me and i was the youngest so i felt good that i could keep up.
    right before i turned 16 i broke the 250 barrier and started to make way for 300.

AGE 16-----------------alright now i got a membership to the nearest worlds gym.i still trained by myself except for when i needed a spot on my last few sets of bench or some1 to help me press out a couple more dumbell presses.
    at this age i started implimented more core excercises.
    i started to deadlift weekly and squat weekly.i still however dominated all my other days with chest workouts.whenever i felt that my chest wasnt sore i would go to the gym and make it sore again.training my chest 3 times a week gave me serious growth at the time.my brothers and parents told me to slow down but i just couldnt.my chest workout looked somethin like this at the end of age 16.

warmup with around 20 reps with the bar to get the blood flowing.stretch a little bit.
    BENCH-(pyramid sets of 12 8 5 3 and then a burnout of 10 reps)
    dumbell presses-(4 sets of 5 or 6 reps)
    weighted dips-(pyramid sets of 10 8 6 3)
    powerpress-4 sets of 4

occasionally i would start out with incline barebll presses or i would change my routine around if i hit a plateu on my bench.
    at this age i still had the same diet and my physique looked **** good for a 16 year old.i was around 5'10" 170 lbs and my stats were-
    squat-225x3
    deadlift-365x3
    bench-275x3(dumbell pressing with the 100's for sets of 5 or 6)

this year in my life i benched 300 and i was so happy.unbelievably happy to be honest.this is in turn sparked a plateu of hell in which i could hardly move through

AGE 17-------------
    this year started out rough as a b!tch.all in all i plateud at 305, 315, and 330.
    i consider this year the hardest of all because i started implementing more of a powerlifting routine.
    my sets changed from pyramid sets of 12 8 5 3 to 6 6 5 4 3.it helped, to a certain extent. THIS ROUTINE ONLY WORKS IF YOU HIT ALL OF YOUR SETS AND REPS BY YOURSELF.
    no matter how many times i try and explain this to people, if you want this routine to work you have to bust your ass and hit all your sets and reps dead on by yourself.the spot is only there if you happen to hit failure.hes not there to "give you a push".

this is the year i stopped training almost all my body parts in a bodybuilding fashion and concentrated on the powerlifting team i was soon to get on.i loved to bench seriously. sometimes i WOULD implement bands on wednesdays and give myself an extra rest day because practicing with heavy weights gets you tired quickly.

my weighted dips started to get heavy-note to the wise-YOUR BENCHPRESS IS HIDING BEHIND THAT DIP RACK.if you want a heavy bench you HAVE TO HIT THE DIPS ALL OUT.my last sets would be around 140 for sets of 4 or 5.
    this is the year i ended with a 315 CLAP.which is where you have to lower the weight down to your chest.hold it steady till you get the signal to press, then you can go ahead and push.

age 18------------------------
    alright heres the year i went crazy.i started to cut myself off from all my friends, partying started to grab the attention of all my high school buddys but my head was still in the game.it might be suprising but i never drank a sip of alcohol all through high school.i had the hardest time getting sleep out of all things.i ate too much protein around 300 grams daily for a bodyweight of 190.my diet was still flawless.i just started added more sugar in my post workout shake. i kept doing my 6 6 5 4 3 routine untill my benchpress made its way up to 375 for 3 which is where ive been stuck for a good 4 months now.ive tried everything and its not moving.i want to get a picture of me here soon b/c for some reason in my personal opinion i just think that my growth plates have closed.

anyway thats how i got to bench 400.its been a long way man...............
    Last edited by itsallmental; 03-25-2004 at 10:24 PM.

Thats really amazing. i wish i started worken out when i was younger. hell of a job

joevette is offline Banned
    At 16 Bench:255, Squat: 355, Deadlift: 380

jeremys is offline Associate Member
    16 years old (august 31st) 500+ shirted bench. have done 500 6 times in the gym now and have a meet this weekend. bombed last weekend due to overtraining and equipment problems

@ 235 and natural

Chris Columbus is offline Junior Member
    wow I benched 200 and weighed 260 shabby

Quote Originally Posted by jeremys
    16 years old (august 31st) 500+ shirted bench. have done 500 6 times in the gym now and have a meet this weekend. bombed last weekend due to overtraining and equipment problems

@ 235 and natural
    if natural means yopu can pass a drug test... come on man

i can pass any test. i have nothing to hide

i can pass any test. i have nothing to hide
    PM me with your press releases benching 500 at 16 and natural is big news.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Columbus
    PM me with your press releases benching 500 at 16 and natural is big news.
    i don't have a scanner. all i have is one article that said i benched 430 in a teen division last december anyway.

i'm not going to compete again until IPA senior nationals in november. i might do a smaller meet but if i do its just for fun and nothing real heavy

thanks for the compliment

i don't have a scanner. all i have is one article that said i benched 430 in a teen division last december anyway.

i'm not going to compete again until IPA senior nationals in november. i might do a smaller meet but if i do its just for fun and nothing real heavy

thanks for the compliment

tell me the name of the paper that printed it and the date. I will do the rest

Revenge55 is offline New Member
    Lets see my sophmore year i was up to prolly 285 bench, 410 squat, and 255 clean at 225lbs

jr year 335 bench, 535 squat, 300 clean at 265lbs
    sr year 390 bench, 555 squat, 325 clean at 281*this was with a short 7 week cycle for college ball*

prolly 2 months ago i got up to 360x3x2(with 6 weeks under the belt of training)...with a little help of course, a litte dbol and test200...

in highschool i didnt take anything that wasnt over the counter...so i guess i was pretty 'natural' and had all the records....then just last summer my records were broke and i had held them for 4 years not too shabby...they were broken by a friend who is younger and is jucin like no other, im 20 now and continuing to work out hoping to get that over 400 bench....lates
    Last edited by Revenge55; 04-14-2004 at 08:34 PM.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMAX04
    Back when i was only 7 years old, my max bench was 480.

I swear it was .................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    you punk! mine was 400 when i was 7. i hit 480 by 12.

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    who cares what others can lift... dont guage your progres or self worth on others.... the iron game is about personal improvements... not chaseing others.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Columbus
    tell me the name of the paper that printed it and the date. I will do the rest

wisconsin rapids daily tribune

either jan. 21st or 26th. sometime around that area

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information