Komatsu is offline New Member

Tips on buying a new belt

So I'm looking to buy a new belt what's best 10mm/13mm single or double prong or lever also looking for one that won't break the bank thanks in advance

John Cluso is offline Banned
    Walmart has a double prong for $16 bucks.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I prefer the APT line of products but you won't get them at Walmart prices.

Sorry guys should've mentioned I'm in the uk been lookin at zuluglove
    they,re belts look quality pricing very good to anybody got any feedback on their defcon II forever single prong can get it £45 delivered

John Cluso is offline Banned
    ok,sounds good

Mechanic is offline New Member
    I would look into METAL belts if your in UK, there from Finland i believe, really good single prong belts but they want good $$ for them.

fbomb1990 is offline New Member
    get a 10 mm belt what are you trying to do? If you're trying to do deads and squats get a powerlifting belt. If you're doing olympic lifting be sure to get an olympic belt. how strong are you? If you're going to be squating and deadlifting over 600 pounds get a 2 pronged, but if not get a single pronged. Levers are nice, but if you gain or lose weight they're tougher to adjust. I'm not sure if they deliver to the UK, but check out bestbelts, an American company that makes the best powerlifting belt IMO, and you can talk to the owner of the company through phone or email and he'll BS with ya about powerlifting and custom make your belt the day you order.

yosimitesam is offline Associate Member
    10mm or 13mm will be up to you. As for single or double prong? All I know is a double prong will quickly annoy you. Get a single prong with a good roller on the top buckle to make strapping up easier.

Personally, I have a 13mm single prong I bought from Bob's Belts here in the states. UK wise, agree with the rest. Metal is a good option.

Belts can seem expensive at first, but get a good one and be done with it. In the grand scheme of things, spending a few dollars more for quality always ends up paying off.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Some feds won't allow 13mm. Get a 10

fbomb1990 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    I don't think i've ever seen a comp that allowed a 13 inch belt. 13 is way to big unless you're like 6'3 anyways

13mm thick, not inches. All powerlifting federations allow 13mm. You can't go thicker than that, and they won't allow anything over 4" high. Bob's Belts makes a 5" squat specific belt, but is not allowed in any federation I know of.

So a went with the zuluglove 10mm single prong and must say the quality is spot on makes my old belt look like a sorry piece of shit. Really anybody looking
    for a new belt should check them out delivered within 2 days and as said before really good quality

Right on. Once it breaks in you'll love it even more. Don't worry about it being too stiff at first. It will soften up and form to your body before too long.

Love it already much more support although I am marked with it bein a
    bit stiff no pain no gain tho lol. Any tips for breaking it in quicker yosi or is it just a case of waiting.

Well, don't "no pain-no gain" into cracking a rib. You'll start noticing it feeling a bit better in the next few weeks. My belt was stiff, too, so I just spent some time rolling it up both ways. That helped a little, but it really just took wearing while sweating to tame it. Still can be a bear doing deadlifts, but I have a deadlift belt for that, so no biggie.

Congrats, and enjoy.

AClockWorkOrange is offline New Member
    I have an inzer double prong and an inzer lever (both 13mm). I love my lever but if you're looking for price to quality a nice 1 prong from inzer I think is your best bet (shipping might kill it for you though and don't expect the belt to come for about a month). Double prong belts are a pain in the ass to get off after a heavy set when you're breathing heavy.

mario_ps2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    Yes.. as Patrick wrote.. I bought a 10mm with the lever and it's an awesome belt.... trust me..you will not regret it...

Thread Information