Big Presser is offline Junior Member

Best bench ever!

Remember when Kennelly did 800, and the year before Halbert did 733@215... this one is even bigger. Jesse Kellum put up 735@209 bodyweight last month... topping Halbert's 220 record and also the best bench by formula ever. Any additional info about this lift would be appreciated I think that's amazing... the dude benches 3.52x his weight and he isn't just a small guy... Kellum is never gonna stop getting stronger.

Holy shit I'm in awe

BIG PRESSER

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    DAMN THATS AWESOME. how old is he? Does he just lift in bench or 3 lifts?

He is a full meet dude... He competes in the WPO... he squats about 920, benches 735 and deads about as much as he benches. His best total was 2309 but now he's closer to 2400 total... if he works on his dead he'll have Ed Coan's total record in the 220's.

The guy is insane... just March he put up 688 and it was hard, and he's already added almost 50 lbs in less then 2 months.
    Don't know how old he is though.

BIG PRESSER

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    that's awesome at least he's a 3 lift totaler. DAMN never really heard of the guy much. Well then again i don't have PLUSA.

strongerthanall is offline New Member
    I don't think Kellum did that bench at a full meet. He did that 688 at the Arnold Classic after he competed the day before, which is truly amazing in my book.

Don't count Halbert out. I train with the guy and personally have seen him put up 755 in the gym, only to have shirt problems at the meet he was expected to hit it at. Halbert suffered an injury at last years Arnold and is on his way back. He'll get that record again.
    Last edited by strongerthanall; 05-28-2003 at 01:01 AM.

I am Halbert's biggest fan and I am by no means counting him out... also Kellum didn't do that bench at a full meet, his best lifts at a full meet are a 909 squat, 688 bench, 688 dead. I think Halbert is the greatest and I KNOW HE'LL GET BACK HIS RECORD, because he is the one who inspired me to lift and work as hard as I can.

BIG PRESSER

Thread Information