Cubanito17 is offline Member

5/29 ME BENCH(although I'm not doing the meet i stil shirted up)

I HATE BENCH SHIRTS!!!! that's first and foremost.

Today should've been a day that I try on my shirts and see if I coulda used them for my meet that I was supposed to do June 14 but since I pulled my hammie and it's a 3 lift I couldn't do it. BUT since I had been training my bench so hard I wanted to shirt up anyway so I did. All assistance was done by my friend Jason, my brother wasn't with us b/c he was with his girl(so fuck him) . BUT anyway so jason my buddy had no idea what to do and I had to guide him through of what I know.
    warm ups barX2X8
    135X5
    185X5
    225X3
    tried putting on a inzer single poly DID NOT FIT for the life of my it's a size 54. I'll have to cut about 20lbs to get into it. Which I should b/c I have well over 20lbs of fat but not getting into that now.

Put on my frantz single denim(gratefuly provided by ERMANTROUDT once again thank you bro)
    275Xno touch lockout fast
    315Xtouch on stomache not quite upper abs went up decent no 3 seconds less than that
    335Xtouch(THE ONLY ONE TO TOUCH) didn't want to go up b/c it was like me benching without a shirt at this point I knew this shirt was too big or i'm doing something wrong.

Put on my double denim inzer(graciously'sp???' provided by benchmonster(aka brian mincher) I don't think he posts here or anywhere much for that matter)
    315XNO WAY IN HELL TOUCH
    345XNo touch
    365X3 inches off chest with me pulling down, upper abs i should say
    385Xstil 2 inches and at this point i tried locking it out and needed help so i was either to worn out from trying to pull or over 400 is gonna take to touch inthis shirt and i can't do 400 lockout so....

I HATE SHIRTS. I was worn out after this popped SOO many blood vessels on my body and face. My stretch marks stretched out even more another battle and once again the shirt beat me

tri pushdowns 1X150X8, 1X195X8, 1X140X10 did some tri work to pump blood into them only to find out i just made the vessels show more.

arnold press 3X8X55
    rear delt raises 3X10X25

NOW RESTING AND EATING. Did I mention I HATE SHIRTS

Sorry for the negativity, I respect those who use shirts and know how at the moment I have NO IDEA how and although I found someone in town in fact 4 trainers at a gym 35 min from my house they said "Since your a fellow powerlifter we will help you find your problem with your shirts for a discounted price on each session $60/hour".

They don't sound like PL's that wanna help so I told them " FUCK OFF I'LL GET MY OWN DAMN HELP"

brianW. is offline New Member

Talking

If you think it's too tight, it's probably just right

yea I would say that's true. But when I can't even get 385 to touch it then it's too tight for me at the moment.

One of two things have to be done 1 GET STRONGER!!!!
    2 DROP WEIGHT and none of those are happening anytime soon. Stronger yes every workout but droping weight. HELL NO

How is your form? Do you use an arch?
    Some form adjustments could be the answer, using a shirt that fits will almost always require some form adjustment to get the most out of the shirt. It don't happen overnight!!

RCK
    RCK is offline Junior Member
    cubanito,

sounds like a keeper man.maybe not an opener shirt but i would use that bitch for sure.when were you plannin' to do a bench meet?

BRIAN my form is similiar to the MM form. I've been trying to get that down now for about a month or so and it finally paid off yesterday b/c before I couldn't get anything to touch in the frantz and yesterday it did. SOME PROGRESS.

RCK Sup bro how's it goin? I planned on doing the June 14 in daytona but u know the hammie being fucked up I couldn't so I'm awaiting July 12 I believe it is in daytona Push/Pull meet.

STIL DON'T HAVE A 3 LIFT UNDER MY BELT but that will change OCT 4 I believe.

Good job, even a little progress is better than none at all!
    I an going through some similar shit right now,I just switched to a tighter shirt, and I'm not going to be able to dial it in in time for the nationals, now I have to switch back to one of my looser shirts, and only have enough time for one trial run before the meet. It should be interesting.
    Keep me posted on your progress.

I WILL I just got done talkin to MIKE MILLER and he offered to help me as much as he could. THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME. I'm gonna have to stick with one shirt and work that one he said.

RCK
    cubanito,

the APF in daytona? are you going to do it for sure ?i want to do one like aug,not sure i fi should slip in and try the july one since i just did one .

well i won't know for sure until 2 weeks from now bro. b/c i don't wanna push tha hammie but today i'm gonna do my rehab work for it then try and squat. See how it feels. I won't go past 365.

RCK
    check your PM........

got it and wrote ya back.

Thread Information