Randy_Mar is offline Associate Member

Weight Gainer powders after weigh-ins ?

I figure my sport of armwrestling is similar to powerlifting, in that you want to gain as much weight back after weigh-ins......

Well i have a weigh in Thursday at 5PM, and compete on Saturday around 12:00 noon.
    After weighins, i will do my typical pedialyte for the first 2 hrs before eating. Then i'll continue with eating small meals every 30min, and attempt 1liter of water per hour. Also soak in a pool a couple of times. (and of course lots of contant calories, carbs, protien, sodium!)

My question is, would it hurt to add in a weight gainer into my regiment? (maybe 2/3 times a day?)
    Mine has the following per serving:
    700 Calories
    270mg sodium
    1000mg potassium
    115g carbs
    50g protien
    plus about 12.5 g Glutamine, arginine, and glutamic acid.

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    weight gainers are notorious for the amount of sugar they contain and can be pretty difficult to digest. I might suggest sticking to the clean carbs and lean protein. They will digest better and give you more consistent energy without leaving you with that bloated feeling. If you really want to have a liquid, try whey protein.

also, good call on the water and pedialyte. It can take several hours to rehydrate properly. Dehydration can be a real problem when trying to make weight. It can really sneak up on you and make you feel like crap.

Randy_Mar is offline Associate Member
    This particular powder i have has 6g of sugar per serving, so its not too bad. But I do see your point...stick to clean carbs and protiens. I do have about 40hrs to recoup weight back, so i should be good to go.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like you have it under control without the weight gainer. Basically end up needing to do what works best for you, and if you implement something new you could have a less than desirable reaction.

Thread Information