Thread: Reverse hypers

cdog is offline Associate Member

Reverse hypers

Whas up .I just put together my westside routine and I need to do reverse hypers could you tell me the way to do these ?I have done a search but all that comes up is reverse hypers in routine nothing about how to do them .Also I workout at theYMCA so they dont have alot .Although they do have a regular hyper but my routine calls for reverse hypers .Thanks

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Chances are you do not have access to a reverse hyper machine so unless you build on to fit your squat rack it will be tough. Do a search in the powlifting forum for reverse hyper plans I'm sure they're posted somewhere if you can't find it PM me and I'll locate some for you.

Now there are ways to do this without the machine but IMO they're not nearly as effective.

xxxl83

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Never mind (ask dave)put up some more information on reverse hypers.I think what Iam going to do is change the reverse hypers for RDL'S for now .peace...........CDOG

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    Use Pull-Thru's in place of Rev. Hypers

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Hey Erman,

Don't you have plans for a reverse hyper posted at another board? Could you please send the link.

xxxl83

How to make a Rev. Hyper:

http://www.fractionalplates.com/equ...quipment21.html

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Arena/9278/rh.html

I also think a section of 1.5 inch pipe (it is strong and the same diameter the center hole on a plate) would work well in conjunction with the power rack model.

You would need:
    A. 2 "T" Junction's
    B. 4 8 inch nipples
    C. A custom cut length of 1.5 inch pipe, for most folks it will be in the 25-35 inch length. This will be the swing arm.
    D. A small piece of PVC pipe, big enough to fit over your catch pin on you power rack and small enough to fit thru the "T" Junction.

After building a Rev. Hyper "Deck" for your Power Rack (See attached links above) measure the distance from where the pin will be set during the performance of Rev. Hypers to the floor, subtract the distance added by the T junctions and the amount of floor clearance needed for a 45lb plate, make sure there is enough room for your feet to clear the floor at the bottom of the movement too. This distance is the length of custom cut 1.5 inch pipe you will need. To assemble it all, place one of the T junctions on each end of the the custom cut swing arm. Put the nipples on the T junctions, in such a manner as to allow both nipples to be loaded during the movement at the bottm and booth of the nipples to pass over the catch pin of the power rack. Put the pvc pipe over your catch pin and slip the whole contraption of 1.5 inch pipe onto the catch pin also, allowing it to rest on the PVC pipe in the center of the catch pin. The PVC pipe will prevent the T junction from wearing a groove in your catch pin. Get some Rev. Hyper straps from Dave at www.elitefts.com, add weight, and you have a Rev. Hyper machine.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    I think ERMAN took care of the plans. thanks to him i'll have a rev hyper in JULY and a GHR.

Were you able to talk your gym owner into making those purchases?

Erm

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    ERM NO I wasn't what I'm doing is my brother and me are going to split the money down the middle and both of us will pay for it on our own. We saw it was ONE HELL of a deal that couldn't be passed up. Just have to make some extra cash to get it. JULY 2 I'll be getting them. I started working extra hours to pay for it and took one day less of seeing my girlfriend. BUT HEY A GHR and rev hyper is worth it.

Thread Information