Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Squat 345 - form check help

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Kelkel mentioned wearing boots with a heel. I also lift at home and therefore don't wear shoes, and I've also been having problems with lower back pain recently after squatting heavy. I tried squatting today with an old pair of work boots on and I have to say it made a world of difference. It felt a little weird, but it definitely helped my posture on the bottom. I went up as high as 405 for a few sets and I literally have zero back pain from it. I also felt like the boots kept my feet more "planted" so it was easier to keep my knees stable, which helped as well. If you haven't yet, try boots. I'm a believer now.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    Kelkel mentioned wearing boots with a heel. I also lift at home and therefore don't wear shoes, and I've also been having problems with lower back pain recently after squatting heavy. I tried squatting today with an old pair of work boots on and I have to say it made a world of difference. It felt a little weird, but it definitely helped my posture on the bottom. I went up as high as 405 for a few sets and I literally have zero back pain from it. I also felt like the boots kept my feet more "planted" so it was easier to keep my knees stable, which helped as well. If you haven't yet, try boots. I'm a believer now.
    Make sure whatever you wear that your soles are solid and not spongy. I do better deadlifting with wrestling shoes or barefoot and squatting with a heel.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Yep, they have a nice solid rubber sole. Agree on the barefoot deadlifts.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post
    Hey guys, was just hoping someone could help me out and check the form on my squat. I have been doing stronglifts 5x5 and when I started getting pretty heavy I switched to a 3x5. I feel like my legs can handle heavier than 345 (this lift) but when I get done my lower back is pretty sore. This is directly after I finish and it seems to affect6 my next lift. I also have some pains in my left knee which may or may not be caused by the lift.

I am 42 years old, been lifting steady around 2 years. Any input, advice or anything that may help me progress please let me know. I am not looking to become the next big guy. I may even be looking at going to more of a bodybuilding type lifting instead of powerlifting because to be honest my vanity is more important at this stage in life than actually being super strong. Both would be ideal.
    I agree with previous posts. Look up

pushit_05 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    Yep, they have a nice solid rubber sole. Agree on the barefoot deadlifts.
    Or you could deadlift in chucks as training then lift barefoot in comp. Nice way to always train at about an inch deficit.

KinMan is offline New Member
    Looks like you're mixing 'low bar' and 'high bar' technique. From what I saw, I'd simply lower the bar between your traps and delts. Then, concentrate at bending at the hip first, knees come second. Also, keep your head up, not down. Keep your eyes locked on a target about 45 degrees up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information