Thread: 6/17 ME squat

cdog is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up 6/17 ME squat

Dang things went real good to day .I had a 30Ib PR from last week .Im not sure as to why however I did change two things today #1 changed to a wide stance and #2 moved the bar from on top of my traps to under my traps also I have been working hard on form .Anyways I think I could have got at least 20 more pounds off on my PR today but the 60 year old lady who was spoting me said she was feeling uncomfortable spoting me after I hit 345 on my Box squats (no joke)345 came up nice .Oh well this is what I get for working out at the YMCA LOL.

Box squats 18inch box 135x5,155x5,225x3,245x3,295x1,315x1(last weeks PR)335X1,345X1(DANG OLD LADY!)

GM's 135x8,185x8,195x6,205x6,
    Ham curls 5x5
    DB Shrugs 85x15,90x15,100x15
    Woops forgot the abs again .I gota start doing these .Peace CDOG::

Are you serious? You had a 60 year old lady spotting you???
    Ahhh hahaha
    Shit man I work out at the f****** rec center but I still make sure I have a couple bros on each side of the bar. But congrats on the PR, keep pumpin!!!

Great job.

HP

Yes bro serious !She was the only one around at the time (I try to get in and out before the rush)Anyways she's pretty strong she can do wide grip pull ups for 12 reps and dead lifts around 225 crap like that .However she was geting uncomfortable spoting me on the box beacause she said that she was not used to spoting some one that way .The guy she trians with is in his 70's no joke and this guy can squat around 400 and has a good size bench and squat also .He will usually help with my stuff when he's around but he screwed his back up on squats and could not help out this time .Its all good though I know I made her sound kinda like a helpless old lady but she is anything but helpless.....Peace C DOG

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    that's good to hear.

Do you have a power rack in your gym? if you do then set the pins a little bit lower than your parallel and squat in their it's a self spot I do it all the time.

congrats on the PR

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cubanito17
    [B]that's good to hear.

Do you have a power rack in your gym? if you do then set the pins a little bit lower than your parallel and squat in their it's a self spot I do it all the time.

Thanks for the props on the PR .Yeah I had the pins set plus the spoter .Hey Cubanito17 I just wanted to thank you again for all the hook up in the beging bro westside is sweet ...............C DOG

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    your welcome bro.

Like I said i'm here to help whether it's all on PM or on the message board. it's better on the message board so others can get the information.

I know there's alot of people that just read and don't post.

Those are great lifts... especially for old people!
    Well bro keep it up, sounds great so far.

HP

Thread Information