Thread: New Record

Cubanito17 is offline Member

New Record

Bret Mikesell had a meet today APF and squatted 953, 1025, 1107. HE beat his 1103 but was not proud of his own depth.

STIL AMAZING I wonder when we'll see 1200lbs fall

( had to use the new one LOL)

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Cubanito17, sorry about my ignorance but what kind of weight does one normally weigh to make lifts like this? Seems almost superhuman and are these natural or AS assisted? I've no opinion either way just curious.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    LOL, when i first read that, i thought you meant his meet lifts were 953,1025,1107 for a total over 3000, fuckin blew my mind for a minute

Shit man it blows my mind anyhow!
    I have talked to Brent Mikesell before....I could tell he was feeling ready before this meet to hit a big squat. Brent weighs about 330-340 pounds. As for AS, he competes in all non-tested meets, so I assume he is assisted by AS. His lifts are superhuman... and he's a great guy himself, and has worked for every ounce of that 1107 pounds!

Great job Brent, and thanks for the info Cubanito!!

HP
    Last edited by Huge Presser; 06-28-2003 at 10:45 PM.

welcome guys.

JUG I think huge covered everything sorry I couldn't get to you before.

sab DUDE if he did that I woulda made a BIGGER AND MORE IMPRESSIVE THREAD THAN THIS. SHIT you guys woulda known at the moment not when I posted.

THAT WOULD BE INSANE THOUGH

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    No worries Cubanitno it's all good bro.

Huge, thanks for the info.

When I'm back in the gym I'm revamping my workout. I want to try strength training and see what happens.

Welcome to our little world of strength training my friend! Although I find it far more interesting then bodybuilding (sorry to all you bodybuilders out there ).

Quick update on Brent: He is hoping to go 2600 sometime later this year, and then will retire. He has bad tendonitis in his elbow, and hip problems, I am amazed he has continued to lift up until this time. Personally, I believe he will go break Frank's all time record before he is done. 1175-650-825 would do the trick ... he's not so far away from those numbers now.
    Check out his site:

www.brentmikesell.com

HP

good shit thanks for the update. I havn't had time this weekend AT ALL to do my HW or at least catch up with it thanks for doing it for me.

ANyone here anything on HALBERT is he trying to get his record back or what?

I'm Halbert's biggest fan, but I haven't met him in person... strongerthanall trains with him I believe so he is the man to talk to.
    Congrats to all these huge, crazy freaks!!! What an amazing month... 821 bench and 1107 squat!

HP

Thread Information