brianW. is offline New Member

Went to an APA meet today....

What a joke, maybe I was expecting more than i should have from a local meet.
    I think the judges were on thier lunch break from the local 7-11,the spotters did not know what they were doing, they only had one back spotter for squats and of course he did not show up, so I was asked to do it. I will always lend a helping hand if i can.
    It has been my experience that the front judge is not the one to call on depth,they really can't see. Not the case here.
    The bar that was used for squats was right out of K-MART, narrow, thin, and was bending with 300 lbs. on it !
    I made the mistake of commenting on some of these things to meet officials, and needless to say I was asked not to return,go figure.
    I am glad I do not lift on a local level anymore, but I feel sorry for those that do and have to lift under these conditions.
    Meets on any level, especially the local level shoud be run in an organized,methodical, and safe manner, if for any other reason to promote the sport.If I were a begginer lifter I would have certainly been disapointed.
    The APA, definitely lost a few competitors today.
    My home is and always will be with the APF,WPO, WPC.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    damn that does suck

Thats ridiculous. Bending with 300 lbs? And they should have taken advice from you, especially considering your level of expertice...
    That sux.

HP

Little Girl is offline Female Member
    Who was organizing the comp? Was this in Maryland?

LG

brianW. is offline New Member
    Yes the meet was in Lusby,Maryland. The guys name running the meet might have been steve or something similar, I'll have to get back to you on that one.I do not generally frequent APA meets,just went to see some friends.

Thread Information