Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

Watched first bench press contest today.

Today I watched my first bench press compeition for the first time. It was held outside on main street about 9 this morning. One thing that really raised questions for me was, there was this group of men (they aucutally knew what they were doing) and they had on these tight ass shirts. Made under armour look very loose. Second thing is that they always kept their arms close together and out in front of them. Thirdly, this one guy everytime before he lifted, took a wiff of something in a bottle or something and the smell must have horrified him, then he lifted. The winner got 460 which is the most i've ever seen. Just wondering those things though.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Bench press shirt (yes i consider them cheating, sorry guys. Raw lifts are where it's at )

They were probably sniffing ammonia*before their lifts, it'll really give you a wake up.

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Bench shirts are far from cheating. Every sport has equipment....including powerlifting!

/c

BDTR is offline Retired
    I know, im just teasing the powerlifters. My best friend is a PL and im always busting his balls about his bench shirt, although it is fun to have all the people in our gym point at "the scary bald dude in the funny shirt". I'm just one of those guys who brings nothing to the gym but a gallon jug of water and mp3 player.

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I know, im just teasing the powerlifters. My best friend is a PL and im always busting his balls about his bench shirt, although it is fun to have all the people in our gym point at "the scary bald dude in the funny shirt". I'm just one of those guys who brings nothing to the gym but a gallon jug of water and mp3 player.
    haha, yeah the shirt can freak some people out! Whats worse is when people starting asking questions...and you try to explain to them what you are doing, man its a fucking lost cause!!

/c

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    i think the stuff in the bottole is like smeling salts , my trainner saw Bill Cazzmier jam a coulpe up his nose and go nutso and throw the lbs like nothing

Thread Information