Thread: Strongman

TOWF is offline New Member

Strongman

In October 2002, a film crew followed mighty Hugo Girard as he prepared for the North American Strongman Championship. The product is the exciting new documentary "STRONGMAN".

"STRONGMAN" chronicles Hugo's hard work, passion, and determination. It follows him from his home in Gatineau, Quebec to the Louisiana bayou as he goes on his quest to become "The World's Strongest Man". The movie gives the viewer a rare and unique glimpse into the life of one of the world's premiere strength athletes.

If you would like to find out more, please go to the official "STRONGMAN" website at:
    http://www.topoftheworldfilms.com/strongmanmovie

The site contains a full movie description, the film poster, links to the athletes and filmmakers, exciting never-before-seen pictures, and a downloadable movie trailer.

What people are saying:

Jackal's Gym: "a great insight into the mind of one of the top modern strongmen and North America's Strongest Man."

The NASS: "I watched the movie for a second time, and was more intrigued than the first. I think it is a must have for strongman competitors and the strongman fans."

Crain's Muscle World: "the world of iron is presented to the general public in many different ways.........hopefully always in a positive light......alan black has produced a documentary of the famous strongman, hugo girard in such a light"

http://www.topoftheworldfilms.com/strongmanmovie

BigArnie is offline Junior Member
    Hugo is a very impressive dude.

BTW what is he doing with that Atlas stone in the picture. Looks like he lost his balance or something.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been thinkin of getting involved in this stuff for a long time. I'm built fot it. Anyone know who one gets started.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    I've been thinkin of getting involved in this stuff for a long time. I'm built fot it. Anyone know who one gets started.
    Sorry bout Hijackin your thread. Hugo is a big freak. But so are most of them. If someone has any info they can PM me to keep this thread on topic

The best place for info is The Anvil:

http://pub54.ezboard.com/ftheanvil88051frm1

Also, look at the archives at deepsquatter.

slobberknocker is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigArnie
    Hugo is a very impressive dude.

BTW what is he doing with that Atlas stone in the picture. Looks like he lost his balance or something.

Picking up a 350 lb. rock will do that to you.

Nah, but look at the position of his left foot. It looks like he's falling over backwards. You can't really tell from one single frame and it probably looks normal in the video, though.

All I know is that I've loaded a 370lb stone myself and my feet never get into that position.

I'd really like to see this video!

LiftforReal is offline New Member
    Hugo Girard...Isn't he the guy who was saying on the radio sooner this week (Monday) that he WAS CLEAN??? That his health is the most important thing in his life and he would never compromise it by taking any steroids ? That people who were juicing weren't very smart and that they will have to pay for it one of these days?? Isn't he the guy who is promoting and choosing the events in the competition he is competing in??
    LET ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!

Hey, just a thought. Maybe he's on growth hormone and that doesn't count as steroids so he's not lying!

Thread Information