Ray
    Ray is offline Junior Member

Would a suit and shirt work...

good for doing projected maxes? Right now i can Bench 315 for 7 times and squat 850 with a belt only. For testing at my college we do a projected max for both of them. I was wondering if a proper bench shirt would get me to do 315 for 10 and a squat suit for 685 for ten (projected max would be 917)?
    Also, if i were to get a bench shirt what should i get if this is what im after (projected maxes). Im looking at the inzer phenom but from what i read i dont think that i will be able to touch my chest with 315 (it is for 315 or for 225 so i choose the 315) with one. Is this true? For the squat i already purchased a double ply hardcore suit and i also got the z knee wraps that inzer sells.
    Sorry if this sounds like a newbie question.
    Thanks

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I understand why they do projected maxes for college testing purposes, but in real life the only way to find your projected max is to do that weight. There quite simply is no other way to tell what your max will be.

As far as equipment goes, you just can't put on a shirt and expect to become superman. There is a ton of learning to do with equipment. Guys like Bill Crawford are renowned for taking guys who have been PLing for years and then teach em a few tricks with their bench shirts and put 50lbs more pounds on their bench, and not just newbies but lots of veterans like Dave Tate.

Honestly if you're absolutely serious about your test, then a plane ticket out to one of Crawford's seminars would be absolutely worth it. It would easily be worth the money you would save on buying other bench shirts cuz you thought yours sucked.

As far as what equipment to buy, your best bet would be to give Dave Tate a call, he's been through tons of equipment and can probably give you the most help.

Ray
    Ray is offline Junior Member
    I know i wont become superman or anything by wearing a shirt. lol. I just want to add like 3 or 4 reps to my bench. And squat wise, i already can do 850 so i figured 67 pounds is doable for a squat suit. Im just not sure whether or not it will do any good for repititions. Like does it get loose or anything? Im sure someone has used a phenom bench shirt before too. Would i be able to bring 315 to my chest with a singel poly?

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray
    I know i wont become superman or anything by wearing a shirt. lol. I just want to add like 3 or 4 reps to my bench. And squat wise, i already can do 850 so i figured 67 pounds is doable for a squat suit. Im just not sure whether or not it will do any good for repititions. Like does it get loose or anything? Im sure someone has used a phenom bench shirt before too. Would i be able to bring 315 to my chest with a singel poly?
    The bench shirts are designed for maximum lifts not for repping out

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Well they would still help with reps, but all the info you need i gave you in my earlier post.

Thread Information