Thread: Box Squats

DLK
    DLK is offline Junior Member

Box Squats

Here's another wsb question. I just did my first box squats today and I was wondering if you'll notice a sign. gain in speed or strength in a short period of time if you've never done them before. And if you do sled pulls what will it actually help your squat, deadlift or both?
    Thanks, DLK

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    The point of WSB training is to train the fast twitch muscle fibers, the interesting thing about the fast twitch fibers is that they can handle immense amounts of weight but only for a short time. They also require less time to repaor after a workout. Any residual soarness after a workout, for an extended period of time, is caused by microscopic tears in the slow twitch muscle tissue. It is possible to see results from speed training in a matter of weeks..... however, the results will be a little more subtle than you expect. Just to be on the safe side.... give it some time. As for the sled pulls.... they are a total explosion exercise.

DLK
    As for the sled pulls where do they help you the most? Out of the whole when squatting, pulling off the floor for deadlifts? I just build my own sled and was going to first use it tommorow and i was wondering how I should do it. I thought about doing about 6 sets for 200 ft. as they do at wsb. What does anyone else think?

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    top half of the squat or deadlift...... although it really depends on stride length and how high you pull your knees

DLK
    My promblem with my deadlift is that I struggle to lock it out at the top. But when I do lockout from the knees I can do some where 550-570. My deadlift from the floor is 485. I am 16 and I have been doing them a little over a year. AS for my squats I have only been doing them about 2 months that why it's weak(high 300's). Any help would be greatful. Also could anyone recommend any routines to put me pass the 500 mark.
    Thanks, DLK

Thread Information