Little Girl is offline Female Member

Too much intensity??

My mom came to watch my last comp and asked me why I was the only woman to scream and make sounds before a lift. Even if she is really proud of my lifts and results, she was kind of shy of what I look like on the plateform. I always make noice to increase my adrenaline level but I never noticed I was the only one to do it. Yes, I scream, I slap my butt and I give that spycho look to the bar but I am not smashing my head on the walls! Also, my hubby always gives me a big slap on the butt before each lift and he is also yelling at me, telling me that the bar is mine,that I'll lift it, that I need to commit....

Do you think it's wrong for a woman to scream? I am just a little girl..I don't think I am loosing my feminity because I am too intense while lifting... What do you think?

LG

solidj55 is offline Member
    I dont think it is wrong to scream and get pumped up BUT I dont do it. It doesnt work for me. I am more of a calm and laid back kinda guy. If I am up screaming and acting rowdy then I am not ready to do the job. When I used to play football my best games were always the ones where I didnt talk to anyone, I didnt scream and get excited, I just chilled and got my head on strait. The same went for my attempts when powerlifting. But then again there are a lot of people that get pumped up the way that you do. Whatever works darlin.

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    If your married it shouldn't matter about neguys.

HELL no offense I mean I see guys do it and it's fine b/c I MYSELF do it i'm the ONLY person in my gym that yells and gets that look in my eye that I look like i'm gonna kill someone.

Honestly I think if I saw a girl doing it i'd laugh, no offense to you but I mean you just don't see many women lifters get pumped like that most of them even the serious ones are like our bud solidj, calm.

Imnotdutch is offline Junior Member

Re: Too much intensity??

Why are you worrying about what other people think?........you do what you have to do in order to get the lift.

I'm similar to Solid.......I look pretty calm but focussed.......to the point where people automatically know not to speak to me or get in the way. But thats what works for me........you need to do what works for you.

Originally posted by Little Girl
    My mom came to watch my last comp and asked me why I was the only woman to scream and make sounds before a lift. Even if she is really proud of my lifts and results, she was kind of shy of what I look like on the plateform. I always make noice to increase my adrenaline level but I never noticed I was the only one to do it. Yes, I scream, I slap my butt and I give that spycho look to the bar but I am not smashing my head on the walls! Also, my hubby always gives me a big slap on the butt before each lift and he is also yelling at me, telling me that the bar is mine,that I'll lift it, that I need to commit....

Do you think it's wrong for a woman to scream? I am just a little girl..I don't think I am loosing my feminity because I am too intense while lifting... What do you think?

LG

I tried to do it without the noices but squating 3 times my bw without screaming seams impossible. When I bring my adrenaline to the roof, it is easier... I guess you are right, I need to do what works for me. What ever people think, I still brake record after record...

LG
    I don't beleive in luck, only work can bring us to reach the top!

Anibolism is offline Junior Member
    Whatever it takes to get you in the mental state to put the weight up is fine. If your MOM is so offended by your screaming then tell her to stay at home. Whats next you don't look feminine enough because you have to much muscle next time your at a tea party with her with a dress on?? Put your foot down now, defend your actions as your own, and just be yourself.

DEADLIFT FREAK is offline Junior Member
    I agree. Whatever it takes. Some people need a slap in the face, some need complete silence. All that matters in the end is that the weight goes up.

I probably look funny too because I am skinny and I headbutt the bar sometimes before lifts and make noise. You just have to find what it takes to bring out that intensity. I don't do it to put on a show, I do it to get me "ready" for the lift.

I love you guys!! She'll stay home next time!!

DF, does it hurt??

I gave a slap in the face to a 310lbs guy who wanted to drive his energy level to the roof.. that was nice and he said it hurts! that was nicer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

LG
    Last edited by Little Girl; 05-26-2003 at 03:44 PM.
    I don't beleive in luck, only work can bring us to reach the top!

DEADLIFT FREAK is offline Junior Member
    I usually headbutt it with the back of my head, sometimes the front. I'm in such a zone I don't feel anything. Usually after the workout or the next day I'll wonder why I have a headache.

The Base is offline Associate Member
    Hell no - scream your tits off. If it works for you then go with it!!

Good luck for the nect comp.!

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    LG, you scream your ass off all you want.

Just be careful when you kick the walls.

D

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    What ever works best for u to get u pumped hun

BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member
    Nothing Wrong With Screamers Especially If Your Doing It To Hit Big Weight,, I Just Laugh At The Ones Who Scream And Make All Types Of Noises When They Push The Baby Weight Like 20lbs Db Or 90lb Press.. Its Funny Like A Guy With A Mullet

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Ive gotten pissed during a deadlift for not getting it up more than 4x's so I yelled "F^$#" and kicked the platform and rep'd out 4 more. Sometimes it helps.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I know I shouldn't laugh, but if i saw some girl start screaming and grunting I know I would laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I know I shouldn't laugh, but if i saw some girl start screaming and grunting I know I would laugh.
    But if the girl is squating and deadlifting 3 times her body weight and benching twice her bw you would laugh because you'd be jealous....I'd probably kicky our ass easily on formula...

LG
    Last edited by Little Girl; 09-04-2003 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    LG, you scream your ass off all you want.
    Just be careful when you kick the walls.
    D
    lol! I remember how pissed I was!!! 6 months later, I lift 20lbs more on bp! (I got a breast surgery!lol! No need to bring the bar as low as I used to!!)

LG

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im suprised you worry about being feminine(sp) before/during a lift. You should worry about the getting the weight up girl!
    You do what you need to psyk yourself up!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Girl
    But if the girl is squating and deadlifting 3 times her body weight and benching twice her bw you would laugh because you'd be jealous....I'd probably kicky our ass easily on formula...

LG

Oh trust me, you could be doing 10x your BW and it wouldn't make a difference. Its just like if someone was walking down the street and a piano fell on them, it wouldn't make a difference how strong they were, it would still be just as funny.

lol! I remember how pissed I was!!! 6 months later, I lift 20lbs more on bp! (I got a breast surgery!lol! No need to bring the bar as low as I used to!!)

LG
    20lbs more????

Shiiiiiiiiit!!!!
    I got some work to do.

D

Oh trust me, you could be doing 10x your BW and it wouldn't make a difference.
    If you saw her in action it would.
    She probably benches more than 20-30% of the guys here. (Trust me I have seen it bro.)

D

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    If you saw her in action it would.
    She probably benches more than 20-30% of the guys here. (Trust me I have seen it bro.)

D
    I'm not trying to take anything away from her, but if i saw a girl trying to psyche herself up like that, i would just bust out laughing.

I'm not trying to take anything away from her, but if i saw a girl trying to psyche herself up like that, i would just bust out laughing.
    In that case it would be my pleasure de te cālisser mon poing sur la yeule! (that means, to show you what a girl like me could do to you!)

LG
    Last edited by Little Girl; 09-06-2003 at 03:39 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Do you laugh at guys psyche themself up? I dont see why it would be funny seeing a girl do it...

I remember the old deadlift pic you posted LG, strooong!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    In that case it would be my pleasure de te cālisser mon poing sur la yeule! (that means, to show you what a girl like me could do to you!)

LG
    mouahahahahah i love the quote

im not near a bench that is twice my bw (only 1.43) so for a lil girl jte donne tout lrespect que tu merite

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    In First Year Kinesiology we were exposed to a study that was conducted on a controlled study group and it concluded that making actual noises CAN increase your 1RM by a whopping 5%. People who say, "ONLY 5%?" don't realize that 5% of 500lbs is 25lbs, which is a significant increase.

Go nuts Little Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    mouahahahahah i love the quote
    im not near a bench that is twice my bw (only 1.43) so for a lil girl jte donne tout lrespect que tu merite
    MERCI de ton appui!

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    In First Year Kinesiology we were exposed to a study that was conducted on a controlled study group and it concluded that making actual noises CAN increase your 1RM by a whopping 5%. People who say, "ONLY 5%?" don't realize that 5% of 500lbs is 25lbs, which is a significant increase.
    Go nuts Little Girl!
    Good to know! Adrenaline rush also explains why people who are into an emergency case like a fire or a car accident are pushing themself over their physical limits.
    Thanks RoNNy!

LG

ddoublevision is offline Associate Member
    Great thread! If I could ever get my girl into the gym I would encourage her to pyche herself up by whatever means possible....except maybe kicking me in the balls.......

King Test is offline Banned
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Girl

LG

What are you trying to prove? I'd laugh because you're probably psyching yourself up to do what, relatively speaking, is a minimal amount of weight. Kind of a like a gym novice going all out on every set, nothing wrong with it but the irony and humor is undeniable.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by King Test
    What are you trying to prove? I'd laugh because you're probably psyching yourself up to do what, relatively speaking, is a minimal amount of weight. Kind of a like a gym novice going all out on every set, nothing wrong with it but the irony and humor is undeniable.
    Sir, just fair warning.. this is not the way to start off posting.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    LG rules.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King Test
    Watch it bro lil girl is our girl and you dont want to be on our bad side

lol! This is so funny! Some people are talking and acting just like if they were very strong and big...Might be an other 130lbs guy who never does the legs and keep pumpin the pipes!
    Oups, no, I saw his profile, he his big! 330! Well, he might lives in a city where the 120lbs women are pretty strong and they should come to one of our meet..I need to compete with girls that can challenge me!

I'm planning to do 400lbs on squat at my next meet, maybe he should come compete and show me what he can do.He says he is 330...330 X 3 = 990...I'd love to see a 1000lbs squat, and a 1000lbs deadlift!!! Please, please, King Test come to our meet!!

LG
    Last edited by Little Girl; 11-09-2003 at 08:43 PM.

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    The screaming thing doesnt matter. Personally, I feel its a concentration issue. I dont scream, but then again my level of focus is increadibly high. I forget where I am, what is going on around me, its just the object and the goal. Its beautiful........ its a thing of art.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Scream all you want ---- why worry about what other's think - Be yourself !

slobberknocker is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    Scream all you want ---- why worry about what other's think - Be yourself !

Yep.

shootdeep is offline Member
    when you're on the platform and preparing to assault the weight, who cares if you look and sound feminine or not? you can look and sound feminine after you win. if that's what puts you in "THE ZONE" then do it....it's not like you're the only one that does.

Thread Information