who else yells there brains out?

in our last PL meet ive noticed that me and only a few others yell there phuckin brains out while goin for a lift.honestly, sometimes if i dont yell/go crazy like a madman and get so wild before i hit a lift my mind wont be in the right place and i will miss my lift.
    sometimes though, my benchpress and clean and jerk #'s will increase by about 5% because of goin nuts.YELLING IS A MUST.

Little Girl is offline Female Member
    I do and it helps me alot! This is the way I choose to stay focus on the job I need to do... People who never saw me lifting get surprised when they hear me!

LG

samoth is offline Member
    I'm a quiet lifter, whether in the gym or in competition. Fits my personality, though.

Latimus is offline Banned
    i might grunt a bit...but people who are yelling piss me off...respect your fellow gym mates...dont ruin concentration

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    i might grunt a bit...but people who are yelling piss me off...respect your fellow gym mates...dont ruin concentration
    If they're big guys... competitive... or guys doing a max, I don't mind. But the attention deprived show-off obnoxious yellers are the ones I don't care for. But I rarely see those type last long, because the big guys put them in thier place quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Latimus

look what forum your in, powerlifting, if i was talkin about the gym i would post this elsewhere.....

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I sometimes yell in squat or deadlift. But most often Im very quiet and mostly grunt a bit or so.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Only when necessary and then loud as h*ll LOL

slobberknocker is offline Associate Member
    I get nuts in the gym. You need to leave yourself behind, and become a different person when you're lifting.

Hit-That is offline New Member
    Most of the time when I am nearing or attempting max lifts, I would need someone to slap the sh*t out of me.

I guarantee, if you take a wack, you'll never go back!

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    When I am going heavy on bench and squats I yell . I do not do it intentially , it just comes out.

Yeah me to, When I am trying a new max with squat or bench, I will grunt or yell, if needed, it seems to help sometimes, but I hate it when I see these little punks yelling while they are repping out 10 in a warm-up set, its stupid

peace
    Alex

BadBrain is offline New Member
    I sometimes growl like gore metal band, bot most of the time my friends will yell on me... for me... (crazy ****s)

Thread Information