chest pains while doing weighted dips normal?

well my weighted dips are starting to get heavy.severly heavy on both the bone structure of my chest and weight wise.today i happend to finish off with 180 for a set of 8 on my weighted dips but i was really concerned about my sternum.this has been happening since my final pyramid set has gone past 150.everytime i do the 2nd or 3rd rep it feels like my sternum(sp?) is gonna break off.i wanna keep doing weighted dips becuase as my weighted dips increase, my bench increases with it and this is 1 of a few very important excercises to me that has helped so much.i do these directly after benchpress.
    is this normal?
    has anyone else been through this type of pain?
    i havnt been to a doctor or asked anyone else.the only other pain i have is right before i hit the bench it feels like the left side of my chest pinches and hurts bad.is there any sort of stretching i can do?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I only do dips with 80 pounds so my oppinion wont mean much to a strong muther****er like you lol but I never get any pain whatsoever.

**** 180 for 8 reps in dips thats freaking solid, whats your bodyweight?

maby give it a rest for 2-3 weeks and then hit it again hard and se if the pain returns?

this very morning i went with 175 for 8 but i didnt feel no pain whatsoever which is good, maybe its because i placed weighted dips after my close grop presses.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    this very morning i went with 175 for 8 but i didnt feel no pain whatsoever which is good, maybe its because i placed weighted dips after my close grop presses.
    Could be Bro - try changing things up

Thread Information