bolic is offline New Member

is arnold racist ?

what do you guys think

i recently bumped into this picture from arnold that appeared on sports illustrated issue back in '87.

some articles describe him as being at one time racist. what do you guys think, true or false, politics ? Sergio Oliva "The Myth" is from Havana, Cuba though

10. Contrasting with his later (cosmetic and politically-motivated?) efforts on behalf of the Wiesenthal Institute and the Museum of Tolerance, Schwarzenegger’s views on ethnicity struck some as suggesting a different agenda. “All through his grueling training, Arnold kept the image of [Schwarzenegger’s black Brazilian rival] Serge Oliva in front of him. Black bodybuilder Dave DuPre, who would appear with Arnold years later in Pumping Iron, says Arnold declared one time while working out at Gold’s. ‘Serge is your only black hope to beat me. Black people are inferior. You are not capable of achieving the success of white people. Black people are stupid.’ Black people weren’t the only target of his venom, for as usual he was completely democratic in his heckling. According to DuPre, ‘He would make fun of Jews. If anybody looked Jewish, he would point it out and tell them that they were inferior.” (Ibid.; p. 101.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails is arnold racist  ?-arnold.jpg  
    Last edited by bolic; 03-26-2005 at 06:58 AM.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    omg and i used to like this man lol...

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    oh and i forgot to tell u, im a black jew

questionable isn't it ?

Oliva recently said : " Arnold competed in Essen. By that time, the training I had with Jones allowed me to win the contest by miles. People are still talking about Essen '72. Even Arnold himself said that he didn't win, that it was nothing but politics... it was nothing but politics, but they gave it to him."

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    Where did you get that quote from down below(number 10). That is a picture of him posing not a racial gesture. Lets not turn mouse s-h-i-t into mountains. I call BS

Quote Originally Posted by bolic
    what do you guys think

i recently bumped into this picture from arnold that appeared on sports illustrated issue back in '87.

some articles describe him as being at one time racist. what do you guys think, true or false, politics ? Sergio Oliva "The Myth" is from Havana, Cuba though

10. Contrasting with his later (cosmetic and politically-motivated?) efforts on behalf of the Wiesenthal Institute and the Museum of Tolerance, Schwarzenegger’s views on ethnicity struck some as suggesting a different agenda. “All through his grueling training, Arnold kept the image of [Schwarzenegger’s black Brazilian rival] Serge Oliva in front of him. Black bodybuilder Dave DuPre, who would appear with Arnold years later in Pumping Iron, says Arnold declared one time while working out at Gold’s. ‘Serge is your only black hope to beat me. Black people are inferior. You are not capable of achieving the success of white people. Black people are stupid.’ Black people weren’t the only target of his venom, for as usual he was completely democratic in his heckling. According to DuPre, ‘He would make fun of Jews. If anybody looked Jewish, he would point it out and tell them that they were inferior.” (Ibid.; p. 101.)

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    What "some" articles are you describing. I would like to read them.

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    I think its possible that he could have brought over some kind of arian ideal when he first came over.

Here is an interesting article about him researching his father's past.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0814-07.htm

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I could actually see Arnold saying something like this, even he was just trying to demoralize someone. As far as I can tell, Arnold will say anything to further his own career/agenda.

Black bodybuilder Dave DuPre, who would appear with Arnold years later in Pumping Iron, says Arnold declared one time
    It appears the article was written after Pumping Iron but the actual statement was made years prior, probably in the late 60s. There was a lot of anti-semitism and general racism during this time in Germany/Austria. It was actually called the “second wave of right-wing extremism".

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    I think its possible that he could have brought over some kind of arian ideal when he first came over.

Here is an interesting article about him researching his father's past.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0814-07.htm
    That article really doesn't prove anything about his dad being racist or whatever, although it was pretty interesting. My girlfriend is German and her grandfather was a "Nazi", meaning he served in the German army during World War II. Her grandpa is one of the nicest men I know. Back then you either joined voluntarily or were drafted. If you joined voluntarily it meant that you would probably have a better job. By the end of the war Germany was drafting 14 and 15 year olds because they had lost so many troops.

the list goes on and on

the drudge report article :

http://www.drudgereport.com/ar1.htm

and a nytimes article ( if it asks for registration to read the article, go to www.bugmenot.com and get it ) then log back in

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/03/na...on=&oref=login

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    What a person was in the past doesnt matter that much. IMO a former racist that has realised his own misstakes is even better then someone that never was a racist because the former racist has a much deeper understading on how racists think.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    It's a pose, from the 70's...who cares?

**** the media today can't forget the past...they live on any (what they percieve to be) dirt they can find.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    arnold's not racist. we all say stupid things.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    im smellin bs lurking around, of course he prolly said some stuff that was racial, but ask urself, who hasnt said something racial in their life, in his case being famous and all ppl prolly no when the man eats and $hits to. and that pose was one of arnolds wild poses, he always is doing some kinda weird pose lol i think their kinda cool lol JM.02

BDTR is offline Retired
    He caled emma honkey once

Thread Information