mando is offline Associate Member

Ronnie Coleman - Arlington ?

DO WE HAVE ANYONE HERE WHO WORKS OUT IN METROFLEX GYM ? IF YES , HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BIG RON WORK OUT ? HAVE YOU WORKED OUT WITH HIM ? WHAT ABOUT BRAIN DOBSON WHAT'S HE LIKE ? DOES HE GIVE ADVISE ON GEAR ETC ? .....

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    My old workout partner use to work out with Coleman. But I never have personally. That's about as close of a connection I have with the big Mr. O

BIG R is offline Member
    You'd freak if you saw Metroflex there in Arlington, TX. It is a little Hard Core GYM with out any A/C. It looks like someone's garage. I got a Bad-Ass Work out there last year. Dobson is a good guy he let me in for free because I was doing a BB show there in Arlington in the next week. Ronnie is a true example on showing people that it is what you do at the gym that makes a great BB, not the gym itself. He is the Top Dog. There is even a little posedown area with flood lamps so you can practice posing for competition. You can't get any more HARD CORE than that little place.

Peace,
    Big R.

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    I worked out there for a long time. MetroFlex is hard core for sure. No A/C, lound heavy metal, old equipment. Awesome. I remember the first time I saw Ronnie come into the gym, he was huge. We had a lot of huge guys that worked out there and he came in and was the biggest and strongest. This was at the time when he said he was drug free. I believed him but he looked like he had been on for years. Genetics I guess. I have seen him do a lot of big lifts but one of the things I was most impressed by was how he would do super wide grip chins and just rep out like 20-30+. Amazing to see someone that huge do that sort of thing. I have not been over there in years. Not since he started winning the Olympia for sure.

As for Brian Dobson, great guy who was really the driving force behind Ronnie getting into bodybuilding. Brian almost demanded it after seeing him. Brian has helped a lot of people over the years and will really help anyone. As for drugs, he might discuss them with you but will kick your ass out of his gym if you are looking to buy or sell there.

mike2112 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by doublewide
    I worked out there for a long time. MetroFlex is hard core for sure. No A/C, lound heavy metal, old equipment. Awesome. I remember the first time I saw Ronnie come into the gym, he was huge. We had a lot of huge guys that worked out there and he came in and was the biggest and strongest. This was at the time when he said he was drug free. I believed him but he looked like he had been on for years. Genetics I guess. I have seen him do a lot of big lifts but one of the things I was most impressed by was how he would do super wide grip chins and just rep out like 20-30+. Amazing to see someone that huge do that sort of thing. I have not been over there in years. Not since he started winning the Olympia for sure.

Drug free ? ronnie?? I never understood why some of IFBB pros said that!! man,if they were drug free they wouldn't compete at the mr.O !!!
    even with the best genetic of the world,it's impossible to become like ronnie without roids !!! it's BS !!

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Actually, I am pretty sure he has quit saying that he is drug free. This was before he started winning the Olympia.

mando is offline Associate Member
    lets not forget ronnie has been working out for over 25 years !! i beleive if a persons puts his heart in trainin hard everyday , the body grows like like crazy ! personally i moved from africa to london about a year ago , after talking to ronnie i've been training 6 on 1 off hitting each part twice a week in one year my weight went up about 35 lbs and all drug free ...i was scared that i might be overtraining but at the same time i was(am)getting bigger n stronger !!! like lee preist says there is no such thing as overtraining jus undereating ,the guys who write in the mags are not the champs when u have a one to one with the pros u realize the mags jus bullshit most of the time , and frankly i've realized that the body gets used to it ..........my 2 cents.

Thread Information