Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Am I the only one disgusted by Bodybuilders on this level?

This isn't healthy anymore! (why they all die at age 35-50 years)
    and I hardly think more then 0,0001% of Women find this attractive...

The last esthetic (so beauty) looking BB were Schwarzenegger, Flex Wheeler and Mike Mentzer.

I'll post a pic of

1. Arnold

2. Disgusting looking BB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-53t.jpg   Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-4os.jpg  

buffteen is offline Junior Member
    Well, sorry to say but that is today's bodybuilding world. If you dont like it then don't read Flex or Muscular Development and instead pick up a copy of Men's Exercise or Men's Fitness; then enter Men's fitness pageant. This is the direction GH has taken us, congrats to Dexter Jackson for making it work for him dispite not beeing rewarded like Ronnie Coleman who goes all out. Personally I like seeing the HUGE muscle and don't mind the decline of asthetics as much as other people do. I want to see TOTAL Freaks, go out with a bang, if you have to go.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    That guy has a gh gut. If you use gear but stay away from gh you will be fine. There are still aesthetic bb'ers today, dexter jackson is a perfect example.

PJAY71 is offline Junior Member
    Ronnie has the package to be where he is - regardless of GH and the "look" favored by the fans and judges. From the beginning I always thought his frame resembled Haney [same hanging pecs & lat flare] with better arms, legs etc. It was just a matter of progress that he'd make it to the top. His strength was always there as well - being an accomplished powerlifter early in his carreer. Same goes with Yates. He had the drive and the physique. It's just the sign of the times that GH etc. came on the scene and that's where the sport went. They both would've still been Mr. O's regardless.

Cole Trickle is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb

i got a video of the 92 Mr. O & Coleman didnt make the top 15.. (athletes placing 16th & beyond were not individually scored). He looked good but i never thought he'd be Mr. O. That was before the insulin craze adding 30-40 lbs of muscle onto these guys. Tom Prince said Coleman started gettin BIG around 1994/1995. I asked him what the hell did Coleman exactly take & Tom said "you'll have to ask him for yourself" .. lol good answer tho..

wael is offline Pro Picture's Guru

Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?

you can see here both at Mr.Olympia 95:
    there is no way to compare Yates to coleman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-don-yates_2.jpg  

Cole Trickle is offline Junior Member
    GREAT shot wael.. in that pic Yates looks superior, but that was 1995

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    hey can someone post the pic of coleman, its a Muscle and fitness photo shoot after the arnold classic 2001, hes wearing orange trunks, i couldnt find the pic...

dorian yates is def. superior to ronnie...ronnie is sick but that gut has to be the most digusting thing in the world... he doesnt look like a human....when was the last time he got laid looking like that???

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    People who seem to think dorian had a better back clearly have obviously not seen ronnie the last 2 years, hes is like 2 stone heavier than dorian eva was, showin a pic of ronnie from 95 when he was like 240 is not a fair comparison considerin at last yrs olympia he was 296, just as cut. There is absolutely no comparison in size in any way shape or form, ronnie is much bigger. And i neva realised jay had a huge gh gut, is that pic 4 real, or is it photoshopped??

DizzyBoy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachG_85
    Wow. Angry little bastard, aren't ya?

Anyway, Haney's the best for a bunch of reasons. Aside from holding the most titles, he was the first to herald in the era of the super-heavyweight Mr. O, outweighing his competitors by around 20 lbs or more. He had a back as wide as Dorian or Ronnie but at the same time had a waist that was smaller than either of them by FAR. Haney, Sergio, Ronnie/Dorian. That's the top four Mr. Os, in order.

And you're right, you can't compare unless they're beside each other, for the most part. However there are things that ARE visible simply in pictures that are comparable. For instance you'll notice Dorian's back lat isn't nearly as impressive as his front. Ronnie is the reverse. Just one aspect.

As for Ronnie continuing to win as long as he competes, well, I don't know how much longer THIS can keep winning.
    Everyons stomach sags out to an extent when they relax completely. Get real man

DELTA9MDA is offline Junior Member
    that is heiko in the pic next to arnold, not cutler

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i don't think i'd ever do what the pros do to myself. I think alot of the pros are just a little bit crazy for justifying that amount of juice...but i do like seeing crazy people do crazy things, especially when it's turning themselves into freaks!

However, if being that big is what is important to them, then they are the best judge to decide if the JUICE is worth the squeeze, and we can all sit around, watch, and enjoy the show.

DizzyBoy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachG_85
    Wow. Angry little bastard, aren't ya?

Anyway, Haney's the best for a bunch of reasons. Aside from holding the most titles, he was the first to herald in the era of the super-heavyweight Mr. O, outweighing his competitors by around 20 lbs or more. He had a back as wide as Dorian or Ronnie but at the same time had a waist that was smaller than either of them by FAR. Haney, Sergio, Ronnie/Dorian. That's the top four Mr. Os, in order.

And you're right, you can't compare unless they're beside each other, for the most part. However there are things that ARE visible simply in pictures that are comparable. For instance you'll notice Dorian's back lat isn't nearly as impressive as his front. Ronnie is the reverse. Just one aspect.

As for Ronnie continuing to win as long as he competes, well, I don't know how much longer THIS can keep winning.
    He's relaxed moron... I hate when people hate on Ronnie. Relax your stomach, bet it pooches out. Also do you realize that in bodybuilding they carb up? Carbing up is what gives Ronnie's stomach some size. Most pros have guts bro. Cutler has a big gut. The only pros never to have guts were Flex, Levrone, Ray, Dexter, and Darrem.

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBoy
    He's relaxed moron... I hate when people hate on Ronnie. Relax your stomach, bet it pooches out. Also do you realize that in bodybuilding they carb up? Carbing up is what gives Ronnie's stomach some size. Most pros have guts bro. Cutler has a big gut. The only pros never to have guts were Flex, Levrone, Ray, Dexter, and Darrem.

Dude... What about lee haney , arnold , frank zane , rich gaspari , Andreas munzer ... the list goes on. Guts starting to show up when GH got big in the Pro BB community.

TryingHard is offline Yes thats me in the Avatar!!! A wanna be BB!!
    Ronnie's back is insane!!!!! The man is just a mountain of muscle!!! In the photos above his legs have got to measure at least 40 inches. Nobody will come close to Ronnie for at least the next 2 years. As for Dorian he took the sport to the next level just as Ronnie has. Please don't ever compare Ronnie to Arnold!! Arnold could not even stand on stage at a amateur contest these days. The way the sport is going in the next 5 years you will have to be over 320lbs to even be considered to be MR O.

"Make Pain a Friend, and You will Have a Friend for Life"

TryingHard is offline Yes thats me in the Avatar!!! A wanna be BB!!
    Just wanted to reply to the 1995 Pic of Dorian vs Ronnie. If we are going to annaylize Ronnie, lets do Dorian also. Dorian has no Bicep Peak, but does anyone say anything about that???? Seems to me that some people are looking at other things around here, and not just the bodies of these two men. Just like everybody wants Jay Cutler to win......I WONDER why??? Is it because he is a blond hair Blue eyed american boy? I have seen alot of people flame Ronnie colman for no reason. What just because he has a distended belly??? Lets take a look at Jay Cutler then and annaylize his "BIG" Jaw. We could sit here all day and talk about how big his jaw is and what it is from, but I don't see anyone knocking him about it. Why?? Lets take a look at ourselves and think we are judging their bodies, not their color.

"Make PAIN a Friend and You will Have a Friend for Life"

STAYHUNGRY is offline Associate Member

Not to be racial but....

It is a known fact that many black bodybuildiers have what is called "high lat" development. One in particular is Paul Dillett. Another is Ronnie Coleman although he has maximized his potential. Other black bodybuilders have high Calf development which make their calves look less impressive. This is a matter of genetics and has been talked about by many experts. If you look at Arnold or Dorian, their lats go all the way down to their waist. It just makes it unbeatable. I'm not trying to be racist, but this has been discussed and noticed for years....high lat and calf development of black bodybuilders is quite noticeable.. Other traits can make black bodybuilders the best, but those are some genetic factors that can hurt black bodybuilders. I hope no one takes this in a racist way.

STAYHUNGRY

eazyduzit3 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer
    Ronnie colemans back looks like its fat. He has so much muscle there is muscle literally pouring and overlapping other muscle. Yates is more pleasing, but ronnie's is more of a "how big can I get" type of experiment. I'm not voting for either because my votes always go to the man...Arnold.

peace
    AMEN
    Attached Images Attached Images  

eazyduzit3 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    i don't think i'd ever do what the pros do to myself. I think alot of the pros are just a little bit crazy for justifying that amount of juice...but i do like seeing crazy people do crazy things, especially when it's turning themselves into freaks!

However, if being that big is what is important to them, then they are the best judge to decide if the JUICE is worth the squeeze, and we can all sit around, watch, and enjoy the show.
    im going through and fiding stipid shate toi say quotes
    and heres another.... sorry i missed out on this one
    anabolicguy 1981 in the range of fire

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    dude, i hate to say, cuz i respect coleman alot, but it am gonna go ahead and accuse ronnie of using synthol in his lats. look at that back comparison on page 4 between the 2 from 95 where ronnie couldnt touch dorian. look at his lats there, than look at his lats now. somthing just doesnt look right.

TAlexa is offline Associate Member
    Coleman Has A Better Back Than Dorian.

BIGTJ is offline New Member

Talking

Dorians Back hams and calves are clearly better then Ronnies
    in the 95 Pic. Just look at the rhomboid major,minor ,traps and
    lower back they are thicker and grainier you can see more muscle fiber
    and striation and same for ham string and calves. Rons bicep sure peaks
    better though.

English Power Lifter is offline Junior Member
    dorian all the way

Last edited by English Power Lifter; 04-14-2006 at 04:51 AM.

Last edited by English Power Lifter; 04-14-2006 at 04:53 AM.

Last edited by English Power Lifter; 04-14-2006 at 04:53 AM.

bombguy is offline Associate Member
    aesthetically, I have to say Dorian was way more pleasing. Ronnie looks like those cattle that have had a lot of juice pumped in them. I'm a fan of Gunter personally...the tall guys gotta stick together.

LX-1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bombguy
    aesthetically, I have to say Dorian was way more pleasing. Ronnie looks like those cattle that have had a lot of juice pumped in them. I'm a fan of Gunter personally...the tall guys gotta stick together.
    ronnie is 10,000x more aesthetically pleasing than yates, you need to get your eyes checked.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    My money is on Dorian I think his traps look better and back looks thicker athough Ronnie does look wider

LX-1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAndromeda73
    My money is on Dorian I think his traps look better and back looks thicker athough Ronnie does look wider
    ronnies back is MUCH thicker, check out that scene in cost of redemption where his shirt is off with his back to the camera about to do cardio, absolutely insane thickness, dorian doesnt come close.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by mando
    body part for part ronnie kills dorian , but i guess its not fair to compare them ....... as each was and is a great champ in their time , only thing about dorian is that his arms were very small compared to the rest of his body , to me a mr '' o'' should have monsters for arms a.k.a ronnie..... secondly dozzer's training was crazy although it worked for him in the end it got him .... i mean hip injury , delt problems , torn bicep , torn tricep ...... i still think the high volume works great .hey, if it worked for sergio n arnie its gotta be good !! btw ronnie trains like that as well.
    after watching ronnie train in 3 videos, My interpretation is that no he does not train with high volume. IT resembles dorians actually. a few warm up sets, 135, 225, 315 just plain dont count if you are doing 405 and 495 for reps as sets. Resembles somthing in between dorians methods and medium volume.

ibootleg is offline New Member
    dorians build sucks ... Ronnie kicks the shit out of that freak ... dorian is soo grose people like dorian yates and marcul ruhl are so wacked .. YUK !!

i_am_canadian is offline Junior Member
    I love how there is always somebody that thinks it comes down to race. Ronnie is being discriminated against. Nothing to do with the fact that a lot of the finer details of his build are being lost in his mass. I dont like the mass monsters, it is getting better now that they are working on the GH guts a bit and making them a little tighter. If i could pick who i think the ideal Mr. O would be it would be between a few guys. Dex, Cormier(when he comes in 100%), Baddell.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information