BREASTMAN is offline Associate Member

Cutler almost beats Coleman????

Did Coleman come out of shape or did Cutler perform a magic spell? I mean, Cutler was good, but when did he get THIS good? Hell, he was ahead of Coleman in the first two rounds...plus he beat Levrone, Ray, Cormier!

Also, what happened to Flex....

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Flex retired about 2 months before the show.

As far as Cutler is concerned I'm thinking the powers that be may be planning for a changing of the gaurd. Ronnie is 38, Shawn is 37, Kevin and Chris are both about 34-35, Nasser in 37...these guys have been the top dogs for many years. But now there is a crop of young hungry guys chomping at the bit...guys like Titus, Prince, Jackson, Burke, Rhuel, Kamaili, Anthony, James and of course Jay Cultler. It's not completely surprising to see such a big jump in placings over a period of a year. Prior to winning the Olympia I believe Ronnies best ever finish was 6th or 7th. He had never been in the top 5 and then he steps up and wins. There is obvioulsy a lot of politics involved.

P

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I think Ronnie look like he was still a week or two away from his compition form. Culter looked like he put on some good gains in the off season. I am a Coleman fan but I think he look like crap and got beat. IMHO

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by RON
    I am a Coleman fan
    That's just because you guys have the same first name

Pete

BREASTMAN is offline Associate Member
    Who thinks that Coleman will get into shape for the Arnold like he did last year because he screwed up at the O?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    And what a good name that is, Pete.

HUGE...909 is offline New Member
    TO ME I LIKE COLEMAN CULTER LOOKED GREAT BUT WAS NOT AS BIG AS RONNIE NEXT YEAR RONNIE WILL TIGHTEN UP

The island of Lesbos..where every guy wants to be.
    Which brings the next question..who's going to the AC this year and who is buying me a nitrotech there? hehe

BigC

fitgirl943 is offline Female Member
    Around 1996 I made the prediction that Jay was being groomed for Mr. Olympia. For a while I forgot about it. Well this contest has made me wonder.............

But I don't think Jay beat Ronnie. Ronnie was good, but not his best condition ever.
    Last edited by fitgirl943; 11-04-2001 at 03:49 AM.
    Unaddressed behavior is condoned behavior.

trojan is offline New Member
    I'll be there for the AC. I got VIP tickets and I can't wait for it to start!

Swedeboy is offline Junior Member
    My opinion is that Coleman won it fair fair and square this time, but his belly! To much testo there I'd say.

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    Cutler need to get a personally after being at the Olympia myself and finding out that Ronnie won on the pose down i mean how can you win on the posedown if on prejudging you are 6 points down doesnt that say that cutlers physique was judged as superior,

But Ronnie has presence his posing routine was far superior and Cutler's wasnt even memorable!

Basically of course physique counts but what also makes the Olympia is the audiance if you give the audiance a good show then you win with the audiance!

but i personally think that Cutler was more balanced all over Yes Ronnie had great thickness in his back etc but Cutler was balanced! JMO
    Ms Figure

Capital X is offline Associate Member

Cutler and Markus DQ'd

It does not matter how close they were. Cutler was DQ"d for diuretic use and so was Markhus. Read this on another reliable web site.

Capital X

Thread Information