gman64 is offline New Member

Can Lee Priest Win The Olympia?

I'm a huge Lee Priest fan as I got a chance to meet him at a promotional event. The guy's a monster and his arms are absolutely unbelieveable. Finally won a pro event earlier this year. If he comes in that type of condition, does anybody think he has a prayer against bigger guys like Coleman and Cutler?

retired is offline Associate Member
    In a word- no.

Trevor is offline Associate Member
    Why not????? Is it the politics of the whole thing? Surely it is not his physic. I am no judge, but damn!!! I am personaly sick of Ronnie. Yes he is huge, but he is not in my opinion the ideal body. He is freakishly huge all over. I think bodybuilding should have a certain amount of "Beauty" to it. Yes ronnie has definetly took bodybuilding to a new "LEVEL" just like Dorian did before him. I am ready for a new Mr.O!!!!!

BIG R is offline Member
    Lee does not have to play the size game with the other guys. He looks thicker than them already because of his stature. He actually came down to 198lbs for the big Win in San Fransico show. That was his first title. I do like Lee as well. I think that the O spot is Cutler's this year. There has never been a Mr. O beaten- EVER. We shall see.........But Lee is definately top 10. HAve you see Haidar this year? Another wild card arises.

Big R

I think Lee looks great at about 200-205 and that is what he should come to the Big O at. It amazes me how he can bulk up and come into a contest as shredded as he has in this year's shows. I'd like to see a top three finish, we'll see!

bizznach is offline Associate Member
    i love the man but he dont have a chance. i think cuttler has it this year, tho he does not have the colmam freakyness i think he has a better shape and he is not 5'2. oh and is it just me or does cuttler have no vascularity compared to colman,priest,cormier ect..

RATM is offline Senior Member
    I thought Cutler wasnt doing the Olympia this year. Anyways, for years I thought the best looking, most all around physique was shawn rays. Small waist, full muscle bellies. Also Kevin Leverone and Flex wheeler had more asthetically looking bodies than Ronnie or Dorian. However, until the judges get away from the bigger is better look, and actually give the award to the body that is the biggest, yet most symmetrical, and one that is not full of GH, then the "little guy" ie., shawn, lee priest, haidar, dexter jackson do not have a chance. As it stands now, i think Cutler (if he does it) and Cormier have the most legitimate shot to beat Coleman.

JMO

Mentzer's Ghost is offline New Member

Weider will never let Priest Win

Simply put, Lee Priest talks too openly about using roids, and Weider will never reward him with an Olympia trophy as long as he's still breathing. Joe Weider has been both a blessing and a curse to the sport.

That's really ridiculous on Weider's part, because all the Olympia participants are heavy juicers. They couldn't compete otherwise. That's the thing that bothers me about Weider and why I quit reading Flex. Weider ignores a huge part of the sport. Muscular Development and Muscle Mag at least address an obvious truth.

jonesmeister is offline Junior Member
    i love priest but i dont think he has much of a chance at olympia, just because of the height stakes (sad but true) but i hope another of my favourites .. chris cormier does well

vector is offline Junior Member
    People don't want a midget mr olympia.

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    Lee Priest is great, but I agree with you guys who say that this is Cutler's year (if he goes in for it).

tie

cube is offline Junior Member
    #1 his phsique is amazing but could he beat jay or ronnie? - no way (even he if was the same height). ronnie or jay beat him in freakishness, shwan ray and flex have him beaten by a mile in aesthetics

i've also had this idea why we could never win -

during the offseason he looks like a blimp, can you imagine the ifbb wanting anyone that fat photographed and called mr. o? i know everyone else gets larger in the offseason, but lee takes it to extremes. at least ronnie could take his shirt off in public during the offseason and people would see why he was mr o. if lee took his shirt off during offseason seaworld would come for him. no way does weider want someone who looks that out of shape for 9months of the year as mr o.

3# too short (i know this sounds mean, but people would just laugh if mr. o was this short. and yes, i know franco won it at 5'5 but no way will a 5'5 man win it again)

cube

Originally posted by vector
    People don't want a midget mr olympia.
    HA HA HA HA HA...Historically the only little man to win was Franco Columbo, and that was when there was no great competition in the form of a Big Man with a complete physique.

Same thing happened to Danny Padilla, he was even better proportioned than Lee and he got screwed a couple of times. For that matter, Shawn Ray might have won a few by now if he had the same proportions at 5'10".

Lee knows he won't win, so he will be happy with a top-six finish.

That's really bullshit, don't you think? Shit, Priest's pipes are the best in the biz!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    We need some new judges in this sport or it will only go one way.

Great pipes alone won't win the Olympia. Lee has some of the best arms and legs in the game, and his conditioning is usually awesome. However, many of the other competitors are better proportioned and balanced, and overall stature counts, like it or not.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    He's not BIG enough. He's too short in otherwards. Check out Shawn Ray, bodywise? Awesome symettry, no bloated gut from the GH and some serious striations. Not only that, he's an education somma biatch. If Shawn Ray can't win it, no way for Big Poppa Smurf (Lee Priest) to stand a chance, even though he does have a top notch physique. Today's Olympia is not about sheer symettry and muscularity, but rather monsterism and disgusting proportions. Kinda sad in a way, it took away from the art of sculpting a body...

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Yikes. I made some serious errors.
    Symettry = Symmetry
    "education somma biatch" = "educated somma biatch"

I really hate how it is all about freaky mass nowadays. Just look at Arnold back in the days. He had great symmetry and looked so terrific. Compared to Ronnie now he is still the champ. I still think that Priest could not grab the Olympia.

vielbistdu is offline New Member
    Its pretty unanimous he doesn't stand a chance..like others said he doesn't have the symmetry of Flex and Shawn..and doesn't have the freakiness of of Ronnie or Jay...they would give it to Shawn before Lee..also I think Lee always comes in a little off at the Olympia..I think Flex is going to be the one to watch...from those pics Johan posted, it looks he is trying to be one of the driest ever to compete in the Olympia...

BILT-BETTER is offline New Member
    Ya'll have it all wrong..........its doing the same thing wrestling Weider is running a big huge buisness.......the judges do what he wants..........the Mr.O is the biggest moneymaker and he picks out the bodybuilder he thinks he can market to make the most money. Looks like sells have shown in the past that once you get a new Mr.O that it must make him alot of money to keep them Mr.O til they can't possibly hold it anymore then they retire.................you can't sell supplements if you are argeeing that pros are take steroids to get were they are today........me personnely have more respect for the winner of the Arnold Classic not saying that politics don't controll it but Weider and his magazines dont controll that show near as much as the Mr.O.........
    I recently met Ronnie, yesterday in Ft.Lauderdale I met Jay and they are both huge Ronnie had more size and vascularity but I liked Jays shape more. But I still think Lee Priest is the best but not as marketable Weider so I think he should focus on winning the Arnold Classic..............

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Lee Priest has an awesome physique and seems to be a really great guy too so fingers crossed he does well! How long is it now till the O? Hurry up!!!

def

Power_Andy is offline New Member

Lee Priest

Lee Priest also has made a bobble head doll, and has teamed up with doll creator Chris Harrison. from Austin, Texas. They are called a 'Bodybuilding Bobble Doll'. You can shake them!

Other bodybuilders that have a Bobble Head Doll, include Shawn Ray. To see what it looks like, go to: Shawn Ray's Bobble Head Doll!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can Lee Priest Win The Olympia?-0505leepriestdolla.jpg  

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Originally posted by bizznach
    oh and is it just me or does cuttler have no vascularity compared to colman,priest,cormier ect..
    Cutlers young, If he lives another 5 years, his vascularity will increase.

demetri is offline Member
    I like Lee and I think he's awsome but he doesn't have a chance. The Olympia and Olympic Ice Dance have one thing in common, the event is decided before it ever takes place.

Thread Information