Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rruhl is offline Member
    Gunter before the contest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunter Wins Gnc Show!!!!-post-4-55557-gnc1_003.jpg  

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I definitely thought gunter should have gotten 2nd if not 1st at the olympia, and thought ronnie looked horrible at the olympia, but this is my opinion about this show

Ronnie vs Gunter

abs- gunter all the way
    arms- ronnie has more striations
    quads- ronnie has more striations
    glutes-ronnie
    hamstrings-ronnie
    back-ronnie
    calves- ronnie
    shoulders- dead even
    chest- fairly close but i prefer gunter's chest

I still can't stand ronnie's gut, and even though gunter has a wide waist, in my eyes that is still better then a gut. However, i think when u go bodypart for bodypart, ronnie beats gunter. On alot of things they are close in size, but ronnie still has tons of striations. Look at the front double bi pose, clearly gunter has bigger guns but ronnie has tons more striations in his arms. Now look at the back double bi pose, u can still tell ronnie's back is still much wider, and damn compare the hamstrings in that picture, ronnie absolutely dominates that pose.

My point: I love gunter and i think he got robbed at the O, but this time i think Ronnie got robbed, this was not the show that gunter should have beat ronnie.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by saboudian

quads- ronnie has more striations
    Check picture # 7 posted by rruhl on the first page of this thread, I would have to disagree with your above comment.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Shredz

Check picture # 7 posted by rruhl on the first page of this thread, I would have to disagree with your above comment.
    Good call, i must have overlooked that pic.

But i'll try to back up my arguement.

pic 6- ronnie has incredible separation between quad and hammy
    pic 1- i think ronnie's quads look much better in this one
    pic 2- very close, personally i go with ronnie, but i think it will vary from person to person
    pic 7- gunter's quads look very good in this pic, but its almost unfair since u can't see all of ronnie's quands in this pic, however i think ronnie's rectus femoris(that muscle in the middle of the quad that just sticks out) is much better then gunters
    pic 8- doesn't really look like gunter is really even flexing his quads in this one

Overall it is pretty close, but personally i still go with ronnie, although i could definitely see why someone would go with gunter on this one

retired is offline Associate Member
    I congratulate Gunther on his huge win, but I also believe that Ronnie should have won this show. I am not a fan of what Ronnie has done to his physique since 1998- especially from the front- but Gunther simply does not have the shape and proportions to knock off Coleman, regardless of his superior conditioning. Just my opinion of course, but I think that the judging should be consistent.

KISSMIBUT is offline New Member
    I agree with the previous comments. One must have to realize that if the judges constantantly sees near perfection in Ronnie Coleman's physique from the time where he began the reign in the Olympias from 1998-2000, and then comes into the 2001 and 2002 Olympias not looking as great as he did in the past the judges will hold him to it. Personally, I'm a huge Ronnie Coleman fan and there is no other bodybuilder that even comes close to his strength and physique. Unfortunately, even thought Ronnie said that he was going to train for the Olympia as if Jay Cutler were participating, it didn't seem so. So the physique that he carried to the 2002 Mr. O accompanied him to the GNC show where he thought he had no comp. Gunter just wanted it more than Ronnie and he was more hungry and that counts for a lot. Their bodies were almost paralleled except for Ronnie's more matured muscles. This loss is the best thing that could happen to Ronnie, because now he knows that he can't sleep on anyone just like Flex Wheeler slept on a hungry Ronnie in 1998's Mr. O. Expect to see Ronnie bigger and better to shut up the corrupt judges and the comp.
    Last edited by KISSMIBUT; 11-18-2002 at 02:45 PM.

retired is offline Associate Member
    I met Gunther in person in 1995, when he came to my gym in Montreal before the Canada Pro Cup. He was impressive then, but he has obviously made tremendous improvements, and it's nice to see his hard work paying off. He is a good example for other bodybuilders to follow.

I think that Coleman will retire after his next show, regardless of how he places. If he wins, then he will want to go out as a winner; if he loses, then he will recognize that the writing is on the wall. He is closing in on 40, and has been at this game for a long time.

I thought that Ronnie looked very impressive in winning the Arnold two years ago, but even at the lighter weight, he did not have the same shoulder-to-waist ratio that he had in 1998. In '98 he weighed 250 sliced pounds with a Flex-sized waist; absolutely amazing. Ever since he exceeded 300lbs in the offseason he has been unable to get his waist back to that condition, and in my view it has harmed his overall impact.

Of course he still has one of the best backs in the history of the sport...

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    Art Atwood had small case of gyno, and dennis james was much more impressive in real life then in those pics,i thought he looked great,so did chris cormier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information