7) Ahmad Haidar
    8) Melvin Anthony
    9) Quincy Taylor
    10) Troy Alves
    11) J.D. Dawodu
    12) Tommi Thorvildsen
    13) Eddie Abbew
    14) Stan McCrary

On a side not. Did you see Jay´s BT´s? What a shame to that physic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold Classic 2003 Results-fdbe1073.jpg  

Gargo is offline New Member
    Yeah man i noticed that too that was shitty. I totally felt Chris Cormier won that show, did you see all the separations he had compared to Cutler? Granted I'll give Cutler the muscularity round, but that's it. On a side note Marcus Ruhl looked the best iv'e ever seen him.

ibiza69 is offline Senior Member
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold Classic 2003 Results-ruhljay.jpg  

jay and chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold Classic 2003 Results-schisjay.jpg  

barndoors!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold Classic 2003 Results-backjaymarkus.jpg  

MARKUS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold Classic 2003 Results-ruhl.jpg  

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    What are BT's?

I think Jay looked great. But i wasnt there and its hard to judge from photos. I am not a Chris Cormier fan at all though.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Any one have any pics of Kevin Levorne..I can't believe he placed 5th. That is not like him....top 4 most have come in looking great!

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by powerlifterjay
    What are BT's?
    I believe he is referring to Jay's Bitch Tit, other wise know as gyno.

Bitch Tits. Hey Chris Cormier doesn't have one body part that sticks out. The reason is he's a complete bodybuilder. Cutler looked great. But he has terrible skin, a 35 inch waist, and now gyno. Come on, whatever happened to mass with class.

Kevin Levrone looked okay. But he doesn't have the legs to win a show like this. It seems the only show he really cares about is the Olympia.

Decoder is offline Banned
    Markus is one ugly mofo i think he looks awful too much HGH

skinnyhb is offline Member
    levrone's legs looked terrible. soft with no separation, and not even any size. cutler's waist seemed to have grown quite substantially.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Dam! I knew i would knwo when you said that. BT's!! I did not even think that cause i never seen Cutler with that before. Must be a new addition to his physique! JK!! Anyway i am still glad he won. Markus is a freak. His size is unreal. Needs alot of work in order to beat the top guys though. He needs to fit it all together instead of just being a Giant mass of muscles. I bet ya he cleans it up real soon.

JollySwagman is offline New Member
    LEVRONE PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZachG_85 is offline Junior Member
    And Ruhl kicked everyone's ass. Period.

While Ruhl was at his best. He still isn't in the same league as Cormier and Cutler. But i think he beat Cutler in a few poses but not enough to win, there's a lot of politics in bodybuilding. Also I think Melvin Anothony should have placed 5'th instead of Levrone he presented a more complete package.

JollySwagman is offline New Member
    Originally posted by ZachG_85
    And Ruhl kicked everyone's ass. Period.
    no........Dexter kicked everyone's ass. Period.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    depends on the body you think is best. if you like mass monsters without much symmetry or aesthetics, then ruhl won.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    like I said JAY Should take all this year.

Originally posted by skinnyhb
    depends on the body you think is best. if you like mass monsters without much symmetry or aesthetics, then ruhl won.
    Why does everyone say Ruhl has no symmetry or aesthetics? Is it because he has a slightly wide waist? That's about it, really. Or is it because he's just so goddamn big that it's hard to find his form as "artistic" as those of Melvin or Darrem Charles?

His proportions (save bicep/tricep) are perfect, he has an enormously wide back that's big enough to give him a great taper, he's got shoulders in different time zones, striated everywhere, huge legs, traps that touch his ears. I fail to see why he has no symmetry?

I think everyone who hates Ruhl says that because they are fans of the smaller guys, and Ruhl is the antithesis of it all. I forget who said this, but a refridgerator is pretty damn symmetrical.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold Classic 2003 Results-zan-ruhl.jpg  

Lam
    Lam is offline New Member
    to me Cormier produced the best most complete package. and when is Ruhl going to get marked down for those shoulders?

Well he shouldn't now. They're obviously draining. Hell at the Arnold they were covered in striations.

Your right a refrigorator is very symetrical, it's also just one big block. Size is important no doubt but there has to be some shape. Marcus looks great from the front, but it's all of his poses from the rear that his problems start. While his back is big it lacks detail and shape, his glutes are very puffy. He needs to focus on those parts then he'll move up. My beef is not with Marcus Ruhl i felt he deserved 3rd place. And while Cutler had amazing size and conditioning it's frustrating to see a guy win a huge show with a 35 inch waist.

So because Ruhl, Gunter, and Cutler have genetically wide hips they should never win shows? No matter how well he's dealt with creating a taper (which they all have), because of it they should never win?

I suppose Ronnie's bulging gut but side-to-side narrow waist is why he keeps winning then.

You know, Jay had a lot of problems from the back in 2001 and got 2nd at the O.

Hey like any sport talent is the number one key. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Ronnie Coleman's physique. But he does deserve to win shows because his only problem is his bulging belly. He has the best back, hams, and he can pretty much beat anyone in most poses. Jay Cutler should win shows (excluding the Arnold and Olympia) because he is a great bodybuilder no doubt. But he does have a few big genetic flaws that never seem to be marked against him. And while i love the Freaky guys Marcus Ruhl is lacking in overall shape, there's only so much he can do about that, but either way he will only ever win second tier shows. Now to Gunter Schlierkamp, contrary to what other people say, i think he deserved to beat Ronnie at the GNC pro because Ronnie only looked to be about 90%. However Gunter although I'm a fan of his simply doesn't have the genetics to beat the very top guys when there at there best. None of these guys have the best symetry, yet they always place at the top or near the top in that round. If there going to judge like that then just get rid of the symetry round, because no one seems to know what that actually is.

WTC
    WTC is offline New Member
    There is no doubt that Cormier should have won this show. His legs were better and his overall package was better. Cutler is a great bodybuilder but lets face it he is comming in already as the leader just on what he has done in his last couple of shows. Cormier and Jackson-especially at the Olympia- should have won one of these "big" events (Arnold or Olympia) over the last two years (I still feel that Jackson was close at the Olympia). I like Cutler but feel that he has a bandwagon right now. And also, the gyno is sad to see, and his body is getting too wide. He looks like a square block.

Originally posted by WTC
    There is no doubt that Cormier should have won this show.
    LMAO.

Dude, second was a GIFT. Put in between Jay and Ruhl he looked like a little kid. Separated and conditioned, sure, but so outmuscled it wasn't even funny. I know it's not all about "most mass wins" or anything, but why doesn't Darrem Charles win? Because he's so small. Chris beat Ruhl in the back double bi, that was really it. Maybe ab/thigh because of his quad separation.

The contest was really between Ruhl and Cutler. How Chris snuck up there I'll never know.

ArnoldS2k3 is offline New Member
    I think Cormier looked like shit. I never liked him. He has fucking small schoulders( delts). Ruhl was the best, I think that Jay was great too, but I don't like his abs, they're crazy.

huge0503 is offline New Member
    I don't really want to say, yeah this person should have won, or this other person should have, but personally, I think it's time Darrem Charles gets some recognition? I mean every show he competes in, he comes in ready! He's ALWAYS diced, and totally dry!!! The IFBB should stop looking at, ok whoever has the biggest GH gut is going to won, and start looking at the best over condition, shape and symmetry! If that was the case, I think Jay would be at the bottom of the list, he doesn't have very good symmetry, and I think for a freak, Markus has good symmetry, just needs to tone down the GH gut a bit? Anyway, what I'm aying is, stop looking at who the biggest freak, but who has the best physique period!

I can agree with that. Darrem Charles definitely has a very well put together physique. Another guy i think that should be placing much higher is Canada's Claude Grouxl. You don't hear much about this guy, but he just might be the best conditioned bodybuilder out there. However he's always near the bottom in the big shows. Check out his 2002 Olympia pics you'll know what i'm talking about.

Thread Information