Poppa Pump is offline New Member

When did they start?

Does anyone know when any pro bodybuilders started using roids?

PsYcHoTiC SA is offline New Member
    well i have read a lee preist interview and he said he started when he was 19, but i have seen a pic of him when hes 17 and jesus, he cant say he wasnt on the juice then, when i saw that pic i HEARD that he started when he was 14.

built4life is offline Junior Member
    i believe alot of bodybuilders, depending on who, started juicing at early ages, from 16-18. you look at kids pics and there are noticable steroid users. look at jay cutler when he was a kid, damn, he was pretty damn big for that age, and i know you cant get that way unless your on juice. its obvious. anyone that says otherwise is taking the genetics excuse a little too far.

mr.lean is offline Junior Member
    ya there all genetic freaks common

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I believe Ronnie had 20" arms and was natural or close to it when he won't the Team Universe, I beleive he was 260ish or so in the offseason and 220ish onstage.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member

I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I believe Ronnie had 20" arms and was natural or close to it when he won't the Team Universe, I beleive he was 260ish or so in the offseason and 220ish onstage.
    I don't think anyone is natural winning the team universe. I have alot of respect for Ronnie but I don't he was natural .

mr.lean is offline Junior Member
    260 off season natural? 20 inch arms common, unless he was all fat to have 20" muscular arms is pretty much imposible, not like he's 6'8 hes around 6', arnold at his best fully kranked out was like 240 at 6'2"(supposedly)

Cole Trickle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by built4life
    i believe alot of bodybuilders, depending on who, started juicing at early ages, from 16-18. you look at kids pics and there are noticable steroid users. look at jay cutler when he was a kid, ****, he was pretty **** big for that age, and i know you cant get that way unless your on juice. its obvious. anyone that says otherwise is taking the genetics excuse a little too far.
    i agree

skelotar is offline New Member
    Ronnie Coleman is no taller than 5'9" and that's giving him a lot. I met him a few weeks back @ this show in orlando. I'm 6'1" and I have pics..

I was pretty shocked because in magazines and on stage everyone looks really tall.. Dexter Jackson's only about 5'6" from what his training partner (Owner of PhatMuscle) was telling me. Seems like bodybuilding is mostly a short man's game

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Professional bodybuilders=Professional juicers with great genetics.

StevePJC is offline Member
    Judging by how short most pro's are I would guess they started in their teens. Most that is. You know gear is supposed to stop your growth plates.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    look at arnold when he was like 16,17,18 how much of a difference. he was putting on like 10 lbs a month

eacman65 is offline Member
    i think they all started very early to look the way they do now, but they all have killer genetics

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    look at arnold when he was like 16,17,18 how much of a difference. he was putting on like 10 lbs a month
    What??? that would work out to 120 pounds a year... I've heard that he was natural until he was 18 or so. But in the end we will never know the truth about pro's using, what they did, how much, how long, they lie about it, but they have to

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Lee priest is someone who shows that you shouldn't start using gear until your done growing...

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Lee priest is someone who shows that you shouldn't start using gear until your done growing...

actually he is taller the both of his parents

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    What??? that would work out to 120 pounds a year... I've heard that he was natural until he was 18 or so. But in the end we will never know the truth about pro's using, what they did, how much, how long, they lie about it, but they have to
    i dont think lee's steroid use had anything to do with his height, as he has said many times, he is by far the tallest member in his family. i didnt literally mean 10lbs a month but he put on a hella lota weight, from time he was 16-18.

cjvan is offline New Member
    After 20 years in the game and having been to tons of contests lots of pro-shows and amateur shows and gyms up and down the west coast including the original golds and World's gyms , sister -in-law is a pro judge and a lot of other contest stuff and knowledge ( well was). These guys are all genetics freaks and grow like weeds . I have seen guys who look like average joes and within six months they look like they have trained for years , bodybuidling isn't fair but not many sports are , not many of us run a sub 10 second hundred meters either . These guys all would be on top , they just wouldn't look as hard and maybe not quite that big but it would the same guys. Making the most of your genetics takes guts even when other guys have better genetics. I can say this when I didn't have my back injury nobody trained harder and even though guys were stronger and better built they always respected me for that. Well my dieting that was another story lol , as soon as i got in great beach shape 5'10 ..205 ..210 7% to 10% bodyfat , it fell apart ( great beach shape is not great bodybuilding shape, probably needs about 6 weeks of dieting to hit contest shape). lol
    Last edited by cjvan; 07-08-2004 at 12:05 PM.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by cjvan
    bodybuidling isn't fair but not many sports are , not many of us run a sub 10 minute hundred meters either .
    I can run 100 metres in under 10 mins! Bro i think you seriously need to rediscover cardio

i agree with the genetics, if you dont have great genetics you can never be a pro

cjvan is offline New Member
    Lol , k 5 minute.lol yeah, think you can go state or provincial with decent genetics but even at national level to place in top 3, you better be bringing some great family genes.
    Last edited by cjvan; 07-08-2004 at 12:09 PM.

Thread Information