Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member

Ran into Ronnie at the gym the other day

Went up to the Metroflex for leg day...I walk in around 3pm to find an empty gym, except for one rather large black man. I catch a glimpse of his face and murmer to myself something about the resemblence to big Ron. He turns around and I can see the slabs of meat hanging off of his back; through his XXXL navy blue t-shirt. I look down and read the belt "Ronnie Coleman". Cool, so I get to share the gym with Mr. O. I walk over and comment on his hugeness, he laughs, I walk off to start my workout. Every now and then I hear him yell as he thrusts the 120 lb dumbbells into the air on the military press.

For my last excersise I move to the squat rack (setup with about 500 pounds for shrugs) and use it to do leg raises. He walks over and asks me how many I've got left. I was like "what's it to ya you overgrown ape?"...haha j/k. I went ahead and moved over to another rack and he was like "thanks" and I said with a laugh "anything for Big Ron"

It was pretty cool, kinda surreal to see the guy in person. A little shorter than I envisioned, but huge nonetheless. If I see him up there again I'm gonna try and get an autograph.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn cool. From what you could tell did he seem like a pretty kewl dude?

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I talked to a guy where I buy supp's and he said when he met ronnie that he was kind of a dick. I know I emailed ronnie because he was supposed to be at an appearance at a certain time, but didn't show till like 1am and I had a baby sitter, and he took the time to reply and appologized for my missing him. So, it's probably dependent on his mood or test levels

SID

GetNBig is offline Associate Member
    Ron's a nice guy. But everyone's normal and has times when there dick and when there nice. But overall he's a nice guy.

well i didn't talk to him very much at all...i figured he was there to workout and was prolly kinda sick of us 'little people' pestering him all the time

from what i could tell he seemed like a pretty nice guy, spent most of the time talking to his 'weight bitch' (the guy picking up the dumbbells and handing them to him, racking weights for him, etc.)

GetNBig is offline Associate Member
    think he pay thoes guys... or would u just drag a friend or relative?

Quote Originally Posted by GetNBig
    think he pay thoes guys... or would u just drag a friend or relative?
    ronnie was driving a new silver mercedes e55 amg with shiny solid chrome wheels and a license plate reading "Mr. O." so you know he's got some cash.

it seemed like one of his friends though...the guy was real short, maybe 5'4 and looked like he may work out some, but it was kinda hard to tell....so i dunno, maybe Ronnie is his mentor
    Last edited by Bound for Muscle; 09-20-2003 at 12:58 AM.

Thread Information