HARDCORE is offline Associate Member

Question Who else thinks Ronnie shouldn't be Mr. O?

No disrespect to the man, he's obviously a beast and a freak of nature, but shouldn't the best bodybuilder on planet earth at least have a stomach that doesn't hang over his posing trunks? I mean, when I think abut the ideal representation of what bodybuilding is all about-he is not what I envision. I've been looking at the O pics in the new flex, and I think Jay absolutely smoked Ronnie-just look at the comparison's. Ronnie's back is probably the best in the sport, but other than that Cutler was more symetrical, more ripped, and he doesn't have a huge gh belly either. Anybody agree-disagee? Let's hear your thoughts....

payton0621 is offline New Member
    cutler got disqualified, dexter should be mr. o

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree Hardcore!

Ronnie Coleman has the best back in the sport? Uh, maybe one of the best, but IMO it was no better than Cutlers was. Look at the Mr. O photo's again when the two are standing side by side. Sure Ronnie's is a little bigger, but where's the Christmas tree? Holding water will make anyone's back appear bigger. Personally, I'm not one for the mass monster look myself. I've always liked more traditional physiques such as Levrone or Wheeler's and Cormier's of the past couple of years If it was a most muscle you can pack on the frame contest sure, then guys like Lee Priest would win, but it's not. As far as I'm concerned, Coleman's physique is no where near as aesthetically pleasing as several of the other pros (Dexter Jackson comes to mind). I'm not a judge, so I can piss and moan all I’d like about the results and it's not going to change anything, but you wanted peoples opinion and that's what you got!

I agree. I don't know what goes through these judges heads when they're up there-I think a guy like Dexter Jackson is a much better representation of the sport than Ronnie is. Perfect symetry, rock hard condition, density and ahstetically pleasing. But I guess we live in a time when freaks are what it's all about-oh well.

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

no coleman

Culter should have won hands down. He was re-instated after the little drug incident though due to the lab not being IOC certified anymore. I think Colman was as shocked as anyone that he won. Guess it pays to be the "TEAM WEIDER" anymore. I would have liked to see Nasar place a lot higher.

jersey juice is offline Member
    Cutler was robbed!!! Ronnie WAS the man a few years ago when he was at his best, but he needs to lay off the GH, he looks like he'll give birth anyday now. Dexter Jackson is another guy who should be up there too.

Psycoswole is offline Member
    You guys are crazy...

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    Originally posted by Psycoswole
    You guys are crazy...
    are you guys insane? cutler had fat rolls on his lower back when he hit a back double bi pose, not ronnie. ronnie is mr olympia because he is the biggest and the best, period.

dexter jackson? the chump is 225lbs! he is a dwarf! its a muscle show, not a model search.

ronnie is the man.

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Thanks for elaborating Kev. I got a kick out of that dexter jackson reply too Just teasin Jersey Juice, everyone has there picks

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Did anyone read "The Real Mr. O" in MD. Nice article. I agree that when he is in just good shape no on can beat Ronnie let alone in great shape. But I don't think he came into the O in good shape. Besides you think its a coincidence that no one not sponsored by weider has won the Mr. O since Haney. Ronnie definitely beat Jackson but I don't know about cutler.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I was at a show in Toronto where Shawn Ray made some very very valid points. He talked about the judging at the O and how he is doing his best to change the selection process of the judges. It seems to be the same judges judging with the same opinion year after year. So people like Ronnie seem to continue to win year after year even if he isn't the best up there...like the 2001 O.

IMO I think that all qualified judges should have there names put in a hat so to speak and then be drawn. Therefore some things will be changed up every year. If a judge name get pulled a couple of years in a row so be it..but at least there will be some new faces with new opinions.

What do you guys think about this??????

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I agree it seems as if once you are Mr O you stay there until you retire whether you are the best or not.I guess there are a lot of politics and back handers involved but who am I to judge them?

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

mr o

OK, I don't know about you guys but I miss the old school BB's. Arnold and Zane. Like Zanes vacume pose. A thing of f**king beauty. TO me, it's not the size but the symetry. (spelling) Zero defects. Isn't that what pro BB is all about. A perfectly sculpted body? Hey I'll give props to Ronnie for busting his ass every day along with the other guys and yes, he has incredible size. But the gut has got to go. Like to me, Nasar has the best traps in the game. My opinion though. Just like assholes, everyones got one.

Originally posted by Psycoswole
    Thanks for elaborating Kev. I got a kick out of that dexter jackson reply too Just teasin Jersey Juice, everyone has there picks
    Oh just go suck it! j/k Why you dissing Dexter Jackson bro, ripped to the bone...Ronnie is a true Freak, massive isn't even a good word to use, but he can't even suck in his stomach anymore. Granted Dexter lacks in the mass part comparitively speaking, but his symmetry is on point.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Shredz, Shawn Ray was in that article in "MD" too. He makes a lot of good points. At the very least the competitors should know how the judges vote. I think the cards should be shown publicly.

Originally posted by Shredz
    I was at a show in Toronto where Shawn Ray made some very very valid points. He talked about the judging at the O and how he is doing his best to change the selection process of the judges. It seems to be the same judges judging with the same opinion year after year. So people like Ronnie seem to continue to win year after year even if he isn't the best up there...like the 2001 O.

IMO I think that all qualified judges should have there names put in a hat so to speak and then be drawn. Therefore some things will be changed up every year. If a judge name get pulled a couple of years in a row so be it..but at least there will be some new faces with new opinions.

What do you guys think about this??????
    You make a good point about the judging for the O. I agree, it should be a different panel of judges for each competition. But in Coleman's defense, this is the same panel of judges that gave him 9th place a few years ago.

I respect everybodys opinions, but to say that Ronnie is superior to Dexter just because he is only 225 doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. BB is supposed to be about size, proportion, symetry, presentation, and condition-not just size. Not to mention Ronnie is about four inches taller than Dexter-so weight is all relative to a persons stature-which affects how they look. If we were going by the bigger is better theory, Kovacs would have won every single contest he's entered.

Kovacs, jeeez there ain't 1 thing aesthetically pleasing about his physique. Flex Wheeler was the man too, Kovacs is huge no doubt, but he just looks like he's about to keel over any minute. I really feel bad for the guy, there ain't 1 thing healthy about him. BTW Hardcore I totally agree with the comparison thing, I like the guys like Dexter & Flex, symmetry, proportion & shredded, but Ronnie & Levrone are at another level all together. BTW I heard Flex was doing some shoots naturally, anyone have some pics, I'd like to compare.

BigDude is offline Junior Member

Dexter & Ronnie

I never understoof the hype about Dexter's "symmetry"... Sure, he has a pretty physique, but one thing bothers a qutie a bit. When you look at him, his waisline is wider that the section where his lats start. That's weird. Not exactly the best V structure. Has anyone else noticed that?

Ronnie has his flaws (strange shoulder structure, maybe calves), but man, look at what he has. Biceps go to Ronnie, so do triceps. Shoulders? Maybe Jay. Chest? Ronnie. Abs? Jay. Back? Ronnie beats Jay hands down. Lower back? Jay was fat, Ronnie's lower back was pure muscle. Glutes? Hehe, I guess we all know who wins this department... Jay's thighs are great, and his only body part that really stood out in Mr. O.

Besides, Jay still has a bit wide waist, and doesn't look like a freak. I think Francois looked better at his best.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jay, but he just doesn't have the freaky proportions that make me think 'Jesus Christ, what is THAT???'

Lmg2701 is offline Junior Member
    Cutler got disqualified but he was reinstated as placing 2nd because they threw out the drug tests its a long story but I read it in Flex. I think hands down Cutler beat him at this yr's Mr.O but when I think of perfect body's I'd go with Levrone or Shawn Ray.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Only one bodybuilder has better glutes then coleman and thats thorvildsen.

Thread Information