Georgie is offline Member

Lion, what is % tamoxifen in Tamox?

When you buy nolva from a pharmacy is always says the concentration of tamoxifen and the concentration of citrate on the label. ie

10 mg Tablets: Each 10 mg tablet contains 15.2 mg of tamoxifen citrate which is equivalent to 10 mg of tamoxifen.

20 mg Tablets: Each 20 mg tablet contains 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate which is equivalent to 20 mg of tamoxifen

Tamox just says 20mg of tamoxifen citrate/ml. So what is the % of actual tamoxifen/ml. Thank you.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie
    When you buy nolva from a pharmacy is always says the concentration of tamoxifen and the concentration of citrate on the label. ie

10 mg Tablets: Each 10 mg tablet contains 15.2 mg of tamoxifen citrate which is equivalent to 10 mg of tamoxifen.

20 mg Tablets: Each 20 mg tablet contains 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate which is equivalent to 20 mg of tamoxifen

Tamox just says 20mg of tamoxifen citrate/ml. So what is the % of actual tamoxifen/ml. Thank you.
    you just answered your question bro.......20mg/ml.......they are not tabs, they're made from the actual hormone powder "tamoxifen citrate"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    you just answered your question bro.......20mg/ml.......they are not tabs, they're made from the actual hormone powder "tamoxifen citrate"
    Thanks for the reply, but with all due respect I did not answer my own question. It does not matter if it is in pill form or powder suspended in a liquid solution. Tamoxifen and citrate are two different substances. Citrate is used to make up the weight. Just becuase it says 20mg/ml does not neccessiarly mean that the solution contains 20mg of tamoxifen. Lion has stated in the past that the solution has a high absorption rate and therefore more tamoxifen is bio avaiable so you don't need to take more of the solution to actually get 20mg of tamoxifen, but all the same I still would like to know the concentration of tamoxifen to citrate. I suspect you probably need to take 1.5 ml to get 20mg of actual tamoxifen.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie
    Thanks for the reply, but with all due respect I did not answer my own question. It does not matter if it is in pill form or powder suspended in a liquid solution. Tamoxifen and citrate are two different substances. Citrate is used to make up the weight. Just becuase it says 20mg/ml does not neccessiarly mean that the solution contains 20mg of tamoxifen. Lion has stated in the past that the solution has a high absorption rate and therefore more tamoxifen is bio avaiable so you don't need to take more of the solution to actually get 20mg of tamoxifen, but all the same I still would like to know the concentration of tamoxifen to citrate. I suspect you probably need to take 1.5 ml to get 20mg of actual tamoxifen.

you are correct though....10mg nolvadex pills contain 1.52 X's the size of the pill to equal 15.2mgs of tamoxifen citrate per 10mg nolvadex pills.....howevever if you read the bottle of the tamox that lion sells, it specifically says "tamoxifen citrate" the actual nolvadex powder at a concentration of 20mg/ml....therefore it would be the assumption that there is in fact 20mg/ml of tamoxifen citrate, equal roughly to a 13mg nolvadex tab per ml

bump, lion?

Thread Information