markas214 is offline Senior Member

AR's whatman filters explode

I wasted about 30 ml of fina/prop mix using the generic filters I bought from this site last year. Are they still selling junk filters?

Blog Entries
    yes they still sell the individual whatman fitlers, i think whatman filters have a rateing for 25 pounds of pressure.., which means they can be somewhat easy to blow out easpecially if using them for fina..

But in AR-R 's conversion kits- they include titan filters. Titan filters are rated for 100 pounds of pressure Titans are by far a better quality filter

sdemarco89 is offline New Member
    From what i've experienced with AR-R 's Titan filters in their conversion kits leads me to believe they are inferior to the Whatman filters. I wasted half a fina conversion because the titan filters worked so poorly and exploded. I will never order another conversion kit from AR-R, ***'s are far superior. The rest of AR-R's products are top notch though.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..Titan2 PVDF 30mm filters are good for 90 psi....Never had a problem with them and I've used an @ssload of them...

Titan2 specs:
    Banded polypropylene housing ensures lab safety preventing the housing from bursting
    Color-coded housing allows for easy identification
    of membrane
    Most 30mm filters have a 1 micron glass pre-filter
    For sample volumes of 2mL to 100mL
    Retention volume < 115µL
    Maximum operating temperature: 100°C autoclave at
    125°C for 15 minutes
    Maximum operating pressure approximately 100 psi
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-13-2005 at 06:26 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Whatman 25mm PVDF are good for 100 psi...

Whatman 25mm specs:
    Designed for easy filtration of hard-to-filter samples. Polypropylene housing; variety of membrane choices. Use 13mm diameter filters for samples up to 10mL; 25mm size for samples greater than 10mL. Each unit has a stack of Whatman Multigrade GMF 150 (10:1µm) and Grade GF/F 0.7µm prefilters.
    Inlet is female Luer-Lok*, outlet is male slip Luer. Autoclavable at 121°C (250°F) at 15psi for 20 minutes; maximum temperature, 131°C (267°F). Filtration area: 1.3cm2. Pressure limit: 100psi.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information