Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

Clen help sustain muscle during diet?

I've read two opposing statements. One that clenbuteral helps sustain muscle mass under restricted cals and one that you lose mass easier. Anyone one have a clarity on this one?

hey dudes, come on, someone out there must know. Throw the old boy a bone.

rissinite is offline Associate Member
    Clen helps maintain muscle while dieting. And my experience is that even while restricting carbs during clen supplementation, my strength went through the roof. I noticed anabolic effects from clen, and even my girlfriend said that my chest and arms were getting fuller. 3 cheers for AR Clen

I was just reading from the clen handbook (I think in the educational thread section) that the anabolic aspects of clen is not applicable to humans. Anabolic effect was found in animals but not humans. What you noticed may be impacted by expectations. That is, if you expect an anabolic effect, you will notice an anabolic effect. For me, the jury is still out on this question because I'm hearing it both ways. I appreciate your response.

Quote Originally Posted by rissinite
    Clen helps maintain muscle while dieting. And my experience is that even while restricting carbs during clen supplementation, my strength went through the roof. I noticed anabolic effects from clen, and even my girlfriend said that my chest and arms were getting fuller. 3 cheers for AR Clen

rissinite is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    I was just reading from the clen handbook (I think in the educational thread section) that the anabolic aspects of clen is not applicable to humans. Anabolic effect was found in animals but not humans. What you noticed may be impacted by expectations. That is, if you expect an anabolic effect, you will notice an anabolic effect. For me, the jury is still out on this question because I'm hearing it both ways. I appreciate your response.
    Yeah, you're probably right. Going from benching 275 x 5 reps one week, to 315 x 5 the next would be purely psychological

LoL. I'm hoping that other members respond with their clen experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by rissinite
    Yeah, you're probably right. Going from benching 275 x 5 reps one week, to 315 x 5 the next would be purely psychological

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    I've read two opposing statements. One that clenbuteral helps sustain muscle mass under restricted cals and one that you lose mass easier. Anyone one have a clarity on this one?
    Many people use clen when on a restricted calorie diet. It is an excellent fat burner. Clen will not be catabolic; it actually works as a cortisol block. Cortisol is very catabolic.

clen is slightly anabolic and anti catabolic at first, but i've found your body adapts to it and it loses alot of its punch after a little time w/ it. Even w/ on/off cycling it seems. I think the best thing to take w/ it for keeping muscle is amino acids and glutamine. I'm def a firm believer in those two right there, especially aminos. Make sure to have those too along w/ your clen and you'll be riding clean

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    clen is slightly anabolic and anti catabolic at first, but i've found your body adapts to it and it loses alot of its punch after a little time w/ it. Even w/ on/off cycling it seems. I think the best thing to take w/ it for keeping muscle is amino acids and glutamine. I'm def a firm believer in those two right there, especially aminos. Make sure to have those too along w/ your clen and you'll be riding clean
    I would like to add taurine with the clen at 3-5g ED. Clen depletes taurine levels and this can lead to muscle cramping and a rebound effect when going off.

Thread Information