Crowned is offline Junior Member

Simple Question, Supplement Essentials?

I'm looking for a simple answer though dont be afraid to leave what each supplement does. I am not looking for steriod or anything to that effect. I would just like to know the basics for gaining or bulking and please be specific.

eyecandy_44 is offline Junior Member
    one essential for sure is a protein supplement

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecandy_44
    one essential for sure is a protein supplement
    not really. food should be the staple of any bulking diet. protein powder has it's place, but it's not necessary by any means. i've found real food works tons better than using whey.

branched cain amino acids are good, maybe some creatine. natural test boosters.

notorious_mem is offline Senior Member
    im not being a smart @ss bout this but eat big. up ur carb and protein intake throghout the day try to eat 6-7 times a day,but i also drink a sh!t load of water atleast a gallon a day and probably a quarter gallon to half a gallon of whole milk.check out the diet forum for some more good ideas.

brutesinme is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious_mem
    im not being a smart @ss bout this but eat big. up ur carb and protein intake throghout the day try to eat 6-7 times a day,but i also drink a sh!t load of water atleast a gallon a day and probably a quarter gallon to half a gallon of whole milk.check out the diet forum for some more good ideas.

I'm sorry, but this is crappy advice. Unless you are taking some AAS, your body can only make about 1/4 to 1/2 pound of lbm/week. Going as far above maintaince as you are suggesting will make people fat. 1 or 2 liters of whole milk? Why, in gods name? You want this person to eat a 1/4 pound of milk sugar a day when many people are lactose intolerant in some way. there is no need to drink a gallon of water a day unless your running something. Drinking too much water can upset your electolyte balence, and you don't want to do that. But you are right about one thing, he should check out the diet section.

Quote Originally Posted by brutesinme
    I'm sorry, but this is crappy advice. Unless you are taking some AAS, your body can only make about 1/4 to 1/2 pound of lbm/week. Going as far above maintaince as you are suggesting will make people fat. 1 or 2 liters of whole milk? Why, in gods name? You want this person to eat a 1/4 pound of milk sugar a day when many people are lactose intolerant in some way. there is no need to drink a gallon of water a day unless your running something. Drinking too much water can upset your electolyte balence, and you don't want to do that. But you are right about one thing, he should check out the diet section.
    i agree about the whole milk. that is garbage advice. no one needs that much milk let alone whole milk. and just to comment on the water thing. i drink 2+ gallons a day and it is the best thing i ever started doing for myself. you can't get enough water. to answer your original question again: read the how to bulk sticky. supplements are not the answer-diet is.

I dont see how someone can drink 3 protein shakes a day and not go through close to a liter of milk(unless you use water which is nasty) 1 liter =33 oz . and since his question was "I would just like to know the basics for gaining or bulking and please be specific".I thought milk ,water and protein was a good start.

who drinks 3 protein shakes per day? that's ridiculous. and yes, i mix with water, i don't care what it tastes like. i don't eat 6 cans of tuna a day bc i like the taste. taste will never get in the way of my goals.

Hawk u almost made me tear up with your "taste will never get in the way of my goals". But i went to the diet forum and found 2 peaple with bulking diets that take 3 scoops of protein a day only difference is they use skim and i use whole because im trying to bulk quickly which in 4 weeks ive put on 12 pounds which i know isnt the cleanest gain but with winter coming up i have plenty of time to shed the excess.

that's fine that you feel you need to mock my post. i don't need to justify myself, nor do i feel like explaining why three shakes a day with whole milk is ridiculous. good luck with that

maybe i got ur two other posts wrong.If you mean the best then i appreciate it.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Essential Supplements

• Whey Protein- Muscle Repair
    • Multi-Vitamin- overall health
    • Creatine (If desired)- muscle strength size *(minor)
    • EFA's, ***** 3,6,9- Numerous benefits, fat oxidation, immune health, blood health
    • Multi-Mineral- overall health again

Crowned is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    Essential Supplements

• EFA's, ***** 3,6,9- Numerous benefits, fat oxidation, immune health, blood health
    What exactly is this?

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowned
    What exactly is this?
    essential fatty acids..... google

Thread Information