Thread: Muscle Milk

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Muscle Milk

For all of you who have tried this before I'm sure we can all agree how good it tastes. But what about the fat content???? 18g of fat per serving and 40% of that saturated. That fat is being derived from Canola oil too.

I drink it every other night before bed and sometimes throughout the day if I'm sick of eating.

Any one else have anything to add??

orosco is offline Associate Member
    Only thing I can say is Muscle Milk tastes like CANDY..

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    never tried to expensive for myself but best friend loves it

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Tastes great, but their are better supps out there. Cytogainer, for instance, made by the same company.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    The fat in Muscle milk is not really legitimate. Though it boasts a high saturated fat level (so high on the surface that it shouldn't even be purchased) which is attributed to it's great taste, further scrutiny reveals that of the 80% of the sat. fat total is derived from MCTs. Which actually makes it a great overall drink, though the sugar is somewhat high (comparatively), the fiber is decent, the sodium is average, it packs a solid amount of protein and you get healthy fats.

M.

Korvin is offline New Member
    undoubtedly, the best tasting sup around. The only thing you need to make it complete is to add a little flax oil in your shake. Blended, shaken, stirred all taste good.

I noticed a slight gain in muscle firmness while I used it. I didn't use a lot, and it was every other day or so... But I just bought two 2.48 pound tubs of it, and am going to use it for a while and then I will be able to say if it's any good.

BigB ATL is offline New Member
    Try Evo Pro by Cyto Sport. It has much less fat and still tastes great.

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    ensure

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    boost

falconz08 is offline New Member
    it is good, besides the fat

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    try the dymatize version of muscle milk

way cheaper and exact same thing

Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    The fat in Muscle milk is not really legitimate. Though it boasts a high saturated fat level (so high on the surface that it shouldn't even be purchased) which is attributed to it's great taste, further scrutiny reveals that of the 80% of the sat. fat total is derived from MCTs. Which actually makes it a great overall drink, though the sugar is somewhat high (comparatively), the fiber is decent, the sodium is average, it packs a solid amount of protein and you get healthy fats.
    M.
    id like to know more about these mct's and how any saturated fat is a healthy fat, this is new to me.

guess i could google it huh?

ok googled it. looks like mcts (medium-chain triglycerides) are in fact healthy saturated fats. the reviews ive read have said that mcts are only good on a low carb/ketogenic diet!? does this mean only cutting? ive never done a cut in my life, im always bulking cuz i think im skinny, but would never think of touching a keto diet, **** that, id be ethiopian. anyway, this is what mcts are

pilyo is offline New Member
    I like mocha joe, instead of drinking coffee I drink my muscle milk get my caffiene and protein at the same time.

rodosman is offline Associate Member
    I love my muscle milk, but I only use it when mixed with outmeal. I eat this at least once if not twice a day. Chocolate Milk is the only flavor I tried and love it. I also noticed a good change in my body composition since using it.

yourmom is offline Associate Member
    I love muscle milk. Got 3 jugs for 68.00 on ebay.

taiotosh7 is offline Associate Member
    Try Muscle juice from ultimate nutrition.....I think it tastes better than muscle milk, loaded with aminos, great carb and protein ratio....awesome gainer.....1 serving is 4 scoops , 2 is perfect

rza36ch is offline New Member
    any of you guys ever try isopure low carb chocolate? I just odered a huge ass tub of it on ebay and i just finished my chcocolate tub of cytogainer which was the best tasting protein drink i ever had but not enough protein for me so i switched to isopure.

littlemantc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Tastes great, but their are better supps out there. Cytogainer, for instance, made by the same company.
    great stuff!!!!

dbstyles is offline Junior Member
    I have had better results with ON casein protein and 1.5 tbs of flax.

chest6 is offline Banned
    That shit made me fat as all hell. I remember when they would say "But its good fats" my ass...most of it is saturated like you said.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    That shit made me fat as all hell. I remember when they would say "But its good fats" my ass...most of it is saturated like you said.
    The primary difference (physiologically speaking) betweent sat and unsat fats, is in their metabolism. Unsats are more readily absorbed and thus easily accessed for energy, lubrication, and for assistance in chemical processes. Conversely, sat fats are harder for the body to breakdown. This sloth causes them to linger, which increases the likelihood of storage.

However, in the FINAL ANALYSIS: "Fat is Fat"
    And if too much of any form is consumed well..."You Are What You Eat".

M.

savax is offline Associate Member
    I'm sticking with ON Whey protein shakes.. Tried the muscle milk - tastes great, but man, the fat content is discouraging. Plus i get more protein per scoop with ON Whey than with Muscle Milk

markdessler1 is offline Junior Member
    I'am sorry but muscle milk chocolate flavour is highly highly offensive, it tastes like someone dumped 2 pounds of chocolate liquid into a 250ml bottle and served it to you.....
    lol so not nice
    i actually dumped my whole box after trying it......

Leader05 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova
    For all of you who have tried this before I'm sure we can all agree how good it tastes. But what about the fat content???? 18g of fat per serving and 40% of that saturated. That fat is being derived from Canola oil too.

I drink it every other night before bed and sometimes throughout the day if I'm sick of eating.

Any one else have anything to add??
    Never heard of muscle milk...I guess I will look into if it is good for bulking.

Leader05 is offline Banned
    I just googled it up, and found it is just another whey protein with a different name..lol

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB ATL
    Try Evo Pro by Cyto Sport. It has much less fat and still tastes great.
    ugh that stuff was horrible for me.

they just came out with Muscle Milk Light. I'm gonna be stocking up on that stuff for meal replacements!

Thread Information