wrh
    wrh is offline New Member

Arrow Supps vs. Gear - Muscle Gains

Assume the following ratings out of 10 for muscle and strength gains for bulking steroids :
    Anadrol 10
    Finaplix 10 - no longer produced
    Testosterone Suspension 10
    Parabolan 9 - no longer produced
    Dianabol 9
    Testosterone Theramex 9
    Omnadren 250 8
    Sostanon 250 8
    HGH 8
    Primoteston Depot 8
    Testosterone Cypionate 8
    Testosteron Enathate 7
    Insulin 7
    Methyltestosterone 7
    Dynabolon 6.5
    Deca Durabolin 6
    Sten 6
    Synoven 6
    Durabolon 6
    Laurabolin 6
    Masteron 6
    Norandren 50 6
    Testosterone Propiate 6
    Equipoise 5.5
    Primobolan Depot 5.5

How would the following supplements stack up against roids for muscle gains on a scale of 1 to 10?:
    Creatine Monohydrate/Ethyl Ester
    Whey Protein
    Egg Protein
    Soy Protein
    NO
    HMB
    BCAAs
    L-Glutamine
    Tribulus Terrestris
    Ipriflavone
    ZMA
    Chrysin
    6-OXO
    Ecdysterone
    Methoxyisoflavone
    Flaxseed Oil
    Dessicated Liver
    7-Keto-DHEA/7-OXO
    Myostatin
    GF-1

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I've never used gear, so I wouldn't really know how anything compares to AAS, but this has got to be like comparing apples to oranges. There is no way to compare the two.

wrh
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    I've never used gear, so I wouldn't really know how anything compares to AAS, but this has got to be like comparing apples to oranges. There is no way to compare the two.
    I guess so; I'm still working on figuring out the risk-to-benefit ratio of AAS and how well I might do by just using supplements in addition to a clean diet, good amount of rest, and training.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    none of those supplements compare to any of the aas you listed..or didnt list for that matter.

copenhagen is offline Member
    never touched illegal gear bro

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrh

How would the following supplements stack up against roids for muscle gains on a scale of 1 to 10?:
    Creatine Monohydrate/Ethyl Ester
    Whey Protein
    Egg Protein
    Soy Protein
    NO
    HMB
    BCAAs
    L-Glutamine
    Tribulus Terrestris
    Ipriflavone
    ZMA
    Chrysin
    6-OXO
    Ecdysterone
    Methoxyisoflavone
    Flaxseed Oil
    Dessicated Liver
    7-Keto-DHEA/7-OXO
    Myostatin
    GF-1
    no comparison not even close, plus you will be spending a hell of alot more money trying to compete.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quick, but relevant story, I got into gear about 8 yrs ago after a conversation with the guy who used to sell me supplements at wholesale. After 5yrs and countless $ with him we were b.s.ing about a new supplement that the manufacturer claimed was as good as the real deal. I finally asked him,"does it really compare to steroids ?" Put quite simply, he came clean with and told me that flat out he had never, ever taken an otc supplement with 10% of the efficacy of the real deal. I haven't spoken to him since, now this is not to advocate AAS useage, and some supplements have their place, but nothing you can buy at GNC would score higher than 0-1 in the test you have lsited.

In considering using AAS, I think you have to come up with a risk to benefit ratio. Do the ends justify the means? In my case, no. I am not going to be making my living being a pro bodybuilder or other athlete. You can look fantastic without touching AAS and taking steroids just to look good, in my opinion is a shit reason to put your health in serious jeopardy. There are alternatives, some supplements do work well for raising testosterone levels , and do so in a way that they don't pose any serious health risks. I've seen great results with an otc AI, Activate, and tongkat. A bit pricey, but it's legal and it works, with few side effects.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Personal choice for every adult to make. I choose to walk in the shadows myself.

True, I'm only speaking for myself...to each their own.

wrh
    Thanks everybody for your input; either way I decide now I can save some time and money.

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    Do the ends justify the means? In my case, no. I am not going to be making my living being a pro bodybuilder or other athlete. You can look fantastic without touching AAS and taking steroids just to look good, in my opinion is a shit reason to put your health in serious jeopardy.

I totally agree!!! I walked into a job interview and before I left they said I had to take a pee test. Thankful I never did anything. I also know from being surrounded by competitive bodybuilders - there is no comparison in the two. You have to go to the extreme for extreme results. IMO

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    The supplements out there now are so much better than the old stuff we used to have but none compares to gear.

Anyone try VPX products?

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    Anyone try VPX products?

All overpriced

not saying the products are bad but alot of hype surrounding the company and its products

what goals are you looking for in thier products ??? Which one did you have your eye on?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    All overpriced

not saying the products are bad but alot of hype surrounding the company and its products

what goals are you looking for in thier products ??? Which one did you have your eye on?
    Muscle Gain without use of illegals

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    Muscle Gain without use of illegals

So you are refering to there hormonal products then???

I suggest the only ones you look into if you have access should be the 19nor derivatives and MDIEN/ MOHN as these will be much more friendly to females

Which ones were you looking into ???

So you are refering to there hormonal products then???

I suggest the only ones you look into if you have access should be the 19nor derivatives and MDIEN/ MOHN as these will be much more friendly to females

Which ones were you looking into ???
    Ihave a friend who suggested a list for me, I'm looking for the list she gave me. Her name is Denise Starling-Steele. Soon as I find the list I will post the products.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Supps vs. Gear - Muscle Gains-denise1.jpg  

Ok post them when you find it and ill give you some good info on them

Ok post them when you find it and ill give you some good info on them
    I'm kind of pissed, she emailed them to me, and my email only held a certain number at one time, so I think I will have to get her to send it again. Anyway, thanks a ton, I could use the input.

Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member
    If you are trying to find a comparison between OTC supplements and AAS then you are obviously not well read on AAS and should stay away from them until you are better educated.
    I think if you are into lifting for a good physique and overall health there is no subsitute for hard work, a good diet and OTC supplements. I think the use of AAS are for those who are into lifting for competing for a living. However, if you don't compete and still want to look like a freak, I think AAS, if done right, would work. If I ever run a cycle, it would be one good, well planned, cycle with proper PCT. And thats a BIG "if".

fishorcutbait is offline Junior Member
    Why on earth would you waste the time to write this horrible thread? Im sorry, no offense to you, but this was absolutely inane, and a useless waste of bandwidth. How the hell did test susp get a higher score than test e, and eq got a 5.5, while m1t got an 8? WTF?

wrh
    Quote Originally Posted by fishorcutbait
    Why on earth would you waste the time to write this horrible thread? Im sorry, no offense to you, but this was absolutely inane, and a useless waste of bandwidth. How the hell did test susp get a higher score than test e, and eq got a 5.5, while m1t got an 8? WTF?
    None taken; I used the steroidworld.com ratings; next time I'll do better research; and yeah, I realize, this was a pretty pointless thread.

Thread Information